Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66312 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#61844 Jun 21, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
I'd just add....jury selection is of course, not random. But even so, given the demographics, whats the probablility of no white men, and no blacks at all? Would the government, in a case with national, even presidential, visibility really seat a 100% non-black jury if they felt strongly that Zimmerman would get off with nothing at all? Yeah, I wish the answer was yes, that race played no part.....but is that likely in today's political environment?
A fox commentator had an interesting take on it.

Seems he/she felt this was possibly the worst make up possible... not from a legal perspective but from a public perspective because of the racial slant that's being given.

I wasn't sure this was a good idea when I first heard the make up, but I'm beginning to see the implications...

... and none of it is good.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#61845 Jun 21, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
I CANNOT BELIEVE the simple fact that when you raise taxes on business, its the customers (or the employees) that bear that burden.......is LOST within the liberal mind.
To be sure: the rich are never going to pay their fair of taxes, look at the draft dodger Romney who pays less than 14 percent.

At least the consumer can make a decision where he/she is ging to shop, and if the business tries to make the customer pick up the tab for it share of supporting this country, the customer can at least shop next door.

Location hidden

#61846 Jun 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah Jacksons dad has always been leeching off any angle
The first thing the pedophile did was pay off the $30,000 credit card bill he and his ugly fat lying wife had run up long before he shot the teenage boy.

Location hidden

#61847 Jun 21, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite an ideal jury, but at least no ghetto rats who would convict no matter what.
No fat white crackers like yourself that would let pedophile run loose no matter what.

Bigots like yourself.

Putting aside... felons don't serve jury duty.

Location hidden

#61848 Jun 21, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
Opening arguments begin at 9PM Monday morning, the judge has ruled that the state can use the term, wannabe cop, and also the word profiled.
You can be sure the prosecutor will take O'mara's list and scratch them off one at a time,$5 says she hit them all.'

Location hidden

#61849 Jun 21, 2013
Unity wrote:
Its crazy to think that Surbrina actually believes thats her sons voice screaming for help
So does the FBI.

Wait until the mothers on the jury hear it.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#61850 Jun 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be sure: the rich are never going to pay their fair of taxes, look at the draft dodger Romney who pays less than 14 percent.
At least the consumer can make a decision where he/she is ging to shop, and if the business tries to make the customer pick up the tab for it share of supporting this country, the customer can at least shop next door.
Dude, you raise all the well worn aruments. First define rich, then define fair share. The top 5% pays like 58% of the total taxes collected.....is thats not enough.......where do we draw the line? With Mitt Romney, he paid something like 14% in taxes, but his charitable contributions were enormous. Combining taxes and charity, he paid 42%.....again, huge. And legal.....thats what the tax code accomodates, to encourage charitable contributions. And yeah he had college deferments, but he was never drafted. And really, you have to know that if Burger King raised thier hourly salary by 120% like the unions are pushing for, the price of that whopper has got to go up. So you, and me, choose to stay away. Jobs are lost, and the very people that the idea was supposed to help, are out on the street.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#61851 Jun 21, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>A fox commentator had an interesting take on it.
Seems he/she felt this was possibly the worst make up possible... not from a legal perspective but from a public perspective because of the racial slant that's being given.
I wasn't sure this was a good idea when I first heard the make up, but I'm beginning to see the implications...
... and none of it is good.
as long as our laws are well represented during this deal, we'll be OK. By the way, thanks for some of the intell on the Big Island. Oahu is too crowded for us, and the climate options on Hawaii just got me hooked. Too hot? Drive for 30 minutes and its 50 degrees. Same thing in reverse. I was stationed on Johnston Island for a year and caught a few ulua. Major fun, although you had to be careful.....the JA "lifers" had one that would swim up the boat ramp and take cheeseburgers out of your hand......he was not to be molested in any way.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#61852 Jun 21, 2013
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFALMFAO!!! Apparently, it wasn't that easy!!! Try reading RuffNReady's post over again.... hell try it two or fifty times. Then come back and tell us why you're a braindead moron!!! Un-believable!!!
It would be so much easier to show that you are a brain dead moron. Boca Raton has a 6.15 burglary rate per 1000. Sanford had 800 burglaries for 54,000 residents which computes to 14.8 burglaries per 1000. The fact is police had been called to the Retreat at Twin Lakes 260-unit complex 402 times from Jan 1, 2011 to Feb 26, 2012 which averages out to about once a day. Note also at the time of the shooting forty of the units were empty and half of the units were occupied by renters.

//////////

The homeowners association's February newsletter said that Sanford police had beefed up patrols in the neighborhood and that officers on bicycles were making random checks of front yards and backyards.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news...

That was easy.
Patriot

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

#61853 Jun 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So does the FBI.
That's a damn lie. The FBI DID NOT VERIFY the voice to be Martins. You silly sob you would like to try the case right here with your racist ass being the judge the jury and the executioner. Well GFY it aint happening. 5 WHITE women and 1 HISPANIC woman will do it! Hahaha And you can chimpout! Hahaha

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#61854 Jun 21, 2013
The screaming didn't take place while they were on the ground. Trayvon was begging for his life, for someone to help him while Zimmerman was holding him at gunpoint. Taking careful aim. Then Zimmerman shot and murdered Trayvon. He was in no danger. He's just a gangsta thug. A short man with a short penis who had a Napoleon complex, or as the detective said "a little man complex".
Expert

Redding, CA

#61855 Jun 21, 2013
zazz wrote:
The screaming didn't take place while they were on the ground. Trayvon was begging for his life, for someone to help him while Zimmerman was holding him at gunpoint. Taking careful aim. Then Zimmerman shot and murdered Trayvon. He was in no danger. He's just a gangsta thug. A short man with a short penis who had a Napoleon complex, or as the detective said "a little man complex".
Travon was a felon thug about to rape a little white girl, Zimmerman is a hero.
Keeping peace

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61856 Jun 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So does the FBI.
The jurors "mothers" will be following jury instructions and using common sense. It doesn't make any sense to think of Trayvon screaming for help while he is overpowering George. Georges physical injuries support his account of what happened. There is no reason why Trayvon would be screaming for help. Self Defense..
Keeping peace

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61857 Jun 21, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be so much easier to show that you are a brain dead moron. Boca Raton has a 6.15 burglary rate per 1000. Sanford had 800 burglaries for 54,000 residents which computes to 14.8 burglaries per 1000. The fact is police had been called to the Retreat at Twin Lakes 260-unit complex 402 times from Jan 1, 2011 to Feb 26, 2012 which averages out to about once a day. Note also at the time of the shooting forty of the units were empty and half of the units were occupied by renters.
//////////
The homeowners association's February newsletter said that Sanford police had beefed up patrols in the neighborhood and that officers on bicycles were making random checks of front yards and backyards.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news...
That was easy.
Great info. Thats why i think the "profiling" word wont turn into a hurdle for the defense team to jump.

I believe when the jury here the reports as you listed ,,then they will understand why George was making a phone call to the non emergency police line. He didn't target any particular person. He was alert and called over anything resembling suspicion
Keeping peace

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61858 Jun 21, 2013
zazz wrote:
ok ...... You have completely lost your mind. Tell me you had a little to much to drink tonight and i will understand. OMG ..

How could you conjure up such a fairy tale.. For Christ sake thats not even the argument being made by the prosecution

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#61859 Jun 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackson says welfare, not slavery destroys black families

BY MARKUS SCHMIDT Richmond Times-Dispatch

At a Juneteenth event in Newport News, E.W. Jackson, the Republican candidate for lieutenant governor, said that slavery did not destroy black families, but government welfare programs launched in the 1960s caused them to deteriorate.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regio...
Patriot

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

#61861 Jun 21, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Jackson says welfare, not slavery destroys black families
BY MARKUS SCHMIDT Richmond Times-Dispatch
At a Juneteenth event in Newport News, E.W. Jackson, the Republican candidate for lieutenant governor, said that slavery did not destroy black families, but government welfare programs launched in the 1960s caused them to deteriorate.
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regio...
So true and so expensive! Poor bastards are too lazy to work now!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#61862 Jun 21, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> So true and so expensive! Poor bastards are too lazy to work now!
I know it and I seen plenty of it around Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinatti, and other major metro areas which they choose to be lazy which I am glad the house killed that farm bill in name only which was a welfare bill so they didnt have to work.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#61863 Jun 21, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>It's a blog dumazz, where the jergoff known as sundance cracker simply makes stuff up as a way to earn a few bucks off of racist scumbag morons like you. It's like world nut daily, jbs.org and all the other sites where turds like you go for your daily stink.
It is an honestly written BLOG ... then ... dumchit!
They do not get a penny from me!
NONE of them do!

They are FREE to read!
BUT "appreciate ANY and ALL contributions!"

I contribute by "believing in them"
AND spreading their news that is HONEST & Well RESEARCHED ...

Unlike the 0 controlled media nowadays!

Put THAT in ya pipe and SMOKE IT!

"dumchit" ...

)8~D>
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#61864 Jun 21, 2013
Thank you Mr. Zimmerman for removing that thug Trayvon Martin from our streets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
peyton grinnell will be controlled by gay borders 46 min SMH 12
Peyton grinnell???? 48 min SMH 2
Sheriff Candidates 16 hr Beekeeper 22
Lets FIRE 30 Year Career Politician JIMMY CONNE... Aug 28 Jeremy 3
5th Circuit State Attorney Agenda Exposed By Ma... Aug 26 Nazi Exposer 2
Brad And Leticia. Aug 26 Dave Toboggan 1
Lcso negligence Aug 24 1side 4ever 18

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance