Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66319 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#59241 May 26, 2013
6 dead, 13 hurt in shootings since Friday night [in Chicago]

Read more: http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22421963/3-...

0 must be 'proud'...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59242 May 26, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I am not defending Martin's dark side. Wrong again! All we have is the 911 tape and no eye witnesses to give a blow by blow description. I am not defending Martin, but I do defend the right of anybody who is not doing anything wrong at the moment to expect that he won't be followed. If Martin's character was not steller, it was still no excuse to declare that he deserved to be killed. I was a jurist in a murder case where a lowlife drug dealer got blown away. We still found the shooter guilty of premeditated murder, or murder one if you please.
I would like to dissect your reply here because I found some interesting things in what you said.

"You are not defending Martin, but do defend the right of anybody who is not doing anything wrong (at the moment) not to be followed."

My question here is where is it written that citizens have a right not to be followed? I'm unaware of such a right. If I decide to walk to the convenient store tonight, but happen to be two houses away from another pedestrian going the same way on the same sidewalk, I'm breaking no law nor violating the right of my neighbor in front of me.

"If Martin's character was not steller, it was still no excuse to declare that he deserved to be killed."

Correct. But Martin was not killed because he had a questionable character, he was killed because he brutally attacked an armed man. Zimmerman had no idea what his character was. What he was aware of is that Martin didn't live in that complex, and the fact that the suspects in the multiple home robberies in the complex were people who fit that profile: black, young, not a resident of the neighborhood, wearing questionable attire not worn by residents there, and at a time of night when those robberies took place.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#59243 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, what rock are you living under?
no press when comparing the continuous coverage of the Zimmerman shooting of that thug Trayvon. I guess you think that PR in Cleveland deserves a pass because he is not white.

Too bad there is not a punishment more severe than death for that guy.....say a 8 hr. a day session with bubba for the remainder of his natural life.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59246 May 27, 2013
American Lady wrote:
6 dead, 13 hurt in shootings since Friday night [in Chicago]
(Reuters)- A gunman randomly firing from his pickup truck killed one person and wounded five, including the sheriff of Concho County, Texas, on Sunday before the suspect was killed in a shootout with law enforcement, officials said.

Authorities recovered an assault rifle, a handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the suspect, who was said to be 23 years old and from North Carolina. The name was withheld pending notification of relatives, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a statement.

The statement identified the dead victim as Alicia Torres, 41, who was shot dead in her car, the statement said.

Location hidden

#59247 May 27, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> no press when comparing the continuous coverage of the Zimmerman
35 million hits.

Full coverage on national news for over a week.

You're an idiot.

Location hidden

#59248 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to dissect your reply here because I found some interesting things in what you said.
No one needs to dissect what you say, Pinocchio.

You told us that the pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.

You have been challenged 70 times to prove it.

Funny how you keep moving the goalposts.

Location hidden

#59249 May 27, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
I guess you think that PR in Cleveland deserves a pass because he is not white.
Castro is white.

Check your KKK handbook.
No Exuses

Columbus, OH

#59250 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Castro is white.
Check your KKK handbook.
You Lie !!!! Just as the libs machine trained you. I thought about you when I read this. Lot's of screaming and use of propagana. All for less than 4%. Did you get on your knees and pray to Alinsky?

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/h...
No Exuses

Columbus, OH

#59251 May 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
(Reuters)- A gunman randomly firing from his pickup truck killed one person and wounded five, including the sheriff of Concho County, Texas, on Sunday before the suspect was killed in a shootout with law enforcement, officials said.
Authorities recovered an assault rifle, a handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the suspect, who was said to be 23 years old and from North Carolina. The name was withheld pending notification of relatives, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a statement.
The statement identified the dead victim as Alicia Torres, 41, who was shot dead in her car, the statement said.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Get my coffee and stop the "I love Alinky" chant.

Location hidden

#59252 May 27, 2013
No Exuses wrote:
<quoted text> You Lie !!!!
Wipe your chin, Shug.

Location hidden

#59253 May 27, 2013
No Exuses wrote:
<quoted text> A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
No loss in your case, Shug.

Wipe your chin.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59254 May 27, 2013
DBuck20 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were right there with him to know what he was doing rather right or wrong I assume?
He had just gone to the local store to purchase a couple of things and there was no conclusive evidence that he was doing anything other than returning to where he was staying prior to being stalked by Zimmerman. Our justice system is built on innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around as you would like to think in this case. Just for the record, Based on Florida law with the knowledge I have of the case, I cannot say honestly which way the trial verdict by the jury should go. Had Zimmerman not tried to follow the kid in the first place, none of this would have happened, but that fact may prove purely academic due to the way Florida law is written and the law and not what one thinks the law should be is the oath that a juror is sworn to uphold.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#59255 May 27, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>He had just gone to the local store to purchase a couple of things and there was no conclusive evidence that he was doing anything other than returning to where he was staying prior to being stalked by Zimmerman. Our justice system is built on innocent until proven guilty and not the other way around as you would like to think in this case. Just for the record, Based on Florida law with the knowledge I have of the case, I cannot say honestly which way the trial verdict by the jury should go. Had Zimmerman not tried to follow the kid in the first place, none of this would have happened, but that fact may prove purely academic due to the way Florida law is written and the law and not what one thinks the law should be is the oath that a juror is sworn to uphold.
The jury is instructed to rule on guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. How could anybody rule that Zimmerman is guilty of murder or any lesser of the charges when he didn't break any laws?

The prosecutions case is way beyond a reasonable doubt.

Location hidden

#59256 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The jury is instructed to rule on guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Look for the pedophile to take a plea, Pinocchio.

It seems there is no one in America who believes he only followed Martin for ten seconds... even you.

Wipe your chin.

PS: the pedophile's ugly fat lying wife is up next.

I wonder if the prosecutor will mention it to the pedophile?

Location hidden

#59257 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
How could anybody rule that Zimmerman is guilty of murder or any lesser of the charges when he didn't break any laws?
It's illegal to shoot boys on the sidewalk in front of their house, even if they are black- even in Florida.

At least it's illegal now.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59258 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The jury is instructed to rule on guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. How could anybody rule that Zimmerman is guilty of murder or any lesser of the charges when he didn't break any laws?
I wouldn't say they're way beyond reasonable doubt.

Conviction on 2D murder isn't that clear in my mind.
veroni

Mishawaka, IN

#59259 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a case that has a life of its own because it is fueled by politics and nothing more. Zimmerman will be a scapegoat.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#59260 May 27, 2013
veroni wrote:
<quoted text>This is a case that has a life of its own because it is fueled by politics and nothing more. Zimmerman will be a scapegoat.
Yes. Conservative justice is much, much different than American justice!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#59261 May 27, 2013
Catwhacker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's rich, cat person. Don't you know that it's perfectly legal to follow or surveil anybody? It only becomes stalking if there is harassment or if there is an intent to commit illegalities. Private investigators follow people every day. Anybody can pay to have anybody followed. Politicians are notorious for having their rivals under surveillance, lol, and large crowds of people follow politicians around too. It is a citizens right to follow somebody and keep an eye on them if they suspect them of a crime. It is also a citizens duty to inform police of the suspects whereabouts and activities.
If you believe that someone is following you why don't you just call the police instead of crucifying an innocent man who was defending himself against a vicious attack? And if you expect 'not to be followed' for minding your own business, guess again.
So how you gonna react?.... Violently?.... like Martin perhaps? You don't like to be followed, eh? You must be hiding a secret. Ha ha ha ha.
It's hard to believe such ignorance like yourself would be allowed to sit on a jury. You don't know your own ass from a hole in the ground. Better luck in the next life.
His zeal cost a young man his life. Nothing more needs to be said. And there was no proof his victim was up to no good prior to his being stalked. Does the term "mind your own business" ring a bell? The kid was just returning from a trip to the store. If somebody followed me the way Zimmerman followed the kid, I'd be very nervous, too. While trailing somebody may not be illegal, it certainly is not ethical unless there is probable cause to suspect something amiss and skin color alone doesn't cut it as probable cause.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#59262 May 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound more sure of that than the prosecution. If it can be proven that Martin was standing his ground, the self defense claim is out the window. We still don't know who attacked whom first or if Trayvon had good reason to feel he was being threatened. What it will likely come down to is an acquittal on the basis that it is impossible to determine exactly what went down as in lack of evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Sanford Airport in a bad area? (Mar '12) 13 hr Charity 16
Truth and consequences when they r gone Sun Jeremy Smith 12
George Zimmerman Is A Real American Hero (Apr '12) May 27 dubaw 246
Tyler swift is a user scum bag and player anybo... May 26 Anonymous 2
Albert Rohe (Mar '12) May 23 u bet 37
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) May 23 SMH 825
Heroin (May '13) May 21 Thisgirl 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages