Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58720 May 14, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeaho is a fat Polynesian pig eating princess who also loves to eat dog and most rank smelling fish. She's into animal abuse and liberal fellatio. Don't try to reason with the pig cause she's got a one track mind to go along with her one brain cell.
So just throw her a bone and hope she don't wrap her hair around it. She's still looking for the son she had from her false pregnancy.
lol! Yap! Yap! Yap!
Rosie

Brooksville, FL

#58722 May 14, 2013
krackersmacker wrote:
<quoted text>lol! and your mom should of aborted you you lice infested european shtbag! lmao!
I'll give you a clothes hanger if you need one.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#58723 May 14, 2013
Tired of whining wrote:
<quoted text> Fathers day is not celebrated by black children.
Not celebrated by your father, certainly, you ugly fat bigot.

Why he took the DNA test.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58724 May 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So interesting....
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/us/trayvon-... []
" SANFORD, Fla.— Last August, Wendy Dorival got a call about setting up a local neighborhood watch. As the volunteer coordinator for the Police Department here, she gets such calls regularly, and the city already had at least 10 active watch groups. So she thought nothing of this call, from George Zimmerman.
She set up a visit for the next month at the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a gated community that had been dealing with a string of burglaries. When 25 residents showed up, a decent turnout, she had the residents introduce themselves; after all, people join the groups to look out for each other. She then gave a PowerPoint presentation and distributed a handbook. As she always does, she emphasized what a neighborhood watch is — and what it is not.
In every presentation,“I go through what the rules and responsibilities are,” she said Thursday. The volunteers’ role, she said, is “being the eyes and ears” for the police,“not the vigilante.” Members of a neighborhood watch “are not supposed to confront anyone,” she said.“We get paid to get into harm’s way. You don’t do that. You just call them from the safety of your home or your vehicle.”
Using a gun in the neighborhood watch role would be out of the question, she said in an interview...."
Maybe she should read about the case a little more. Zimmerman was not on neighborhood watch that night. He was on his way to the store when he spotted Martin.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58725 May 14, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes; Mr. Zimmerman was appointed on the neighborhood watch ... BUT; he gave himself the title of "Captain" ....
It was also against the neighborhood watch rules to carry a weapon .. due to liability ...
The FACTS are that Zimmerman wanted to be a cop and couldn't ..he had washed out on more than one occasion .. so he gave himself the title of Captain and carried a fire arm PLAYING like he was a REAL Law enforcement officer ...
The FACT is that is Georgie boy had remained in his vehicle as instructed by the Police Dispatcher .. and waited for the POLICE to arrive as instructed by the POLICE Dispatcher ... NONE of this would ever have happened in the first place ...
If Martin didn't wait for Zimmerman behind those houses to attack him, Martin would be alive today probably suspended from school again. And where do you people get this notion that the dispatcher told Zim to stay in his car? Don't you people even listen to the 911 tape before commenting on it, or do you just go by what other liars say about Zimmerman?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58726 May 14, 2013
No Exuses wrote:
<quoted text> You just can't make this ignorance up. It's listed the same way by the Sanford Police. Saul Alinsky is the God they worship. Satan is very pleased to see such good liars.
God said not to eat from the tree. He didn't say not from that branch or not after dark or only if the temperature was above 80. It's black and white and that just doesn't fit well for morally corrupt individuals. Now chime in barefoot with some type of sexual comment. I'll start
You must not have sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a ... You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination.
I swear, these people just listen to other ill informed people and think what they are saying is the truth--and then repeat it.

It's always fun to prove them wrong though. LOL!
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#58727 May 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry. I quoted from the NY Times.
You have a problem with the facts, I suggest you talk with them.
But I don't think your opinion will hold much weight with them.
amd tje mew york times hold no weight with me or i doubt any logical thinking person
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58728 May 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she should read about the case a little more. Zimmerman was not on neighborhood watch that night. He was on his way to the store when he spotted Martin.
Well if that's the case, why did the HOA settle with the Martin's?

Maybe they know something you haven't read yet.

Or can you tell me everything that went on there too?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58729 May 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If Martin didn't wait for Zimmerman behind those houses to attack him, Martin would be alive today probably suspended from school again. And where do you people get this notion that the dispatcher told Zim to stay in his car? Don't you people even listen to the 911 tape before commenting on it, or do you just go by what other liars say about Zimmerman?
lol! 20/20 interpretation is so convenient for you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58730 May 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear, these people just listen to other ill informed people and think what they are saying is the truth--and then repeat it.
It's always fun to prove them wrong though. LOL!
lol! I wish you would actual prove something right or wrong son.

Instead of taking the gray area and giving your take on events.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58731 May 14, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>amd tje mew york times hold no weight with me or i doubt any logical thinking person
lol! If by your logic you mean your opinion, I agree with you son.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58732 May 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, you do know the NW program at the nation level says you should not be carrying a gun, right?
At the local level the same applies. A cop explains that at EVERY NW meeting.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#58733 May 14, 2013
No Exuses wrote:
<quoted text> It's black and white. He was the watchman. Get over it and stop the lies.
You are just like Clinton. " I did not have sexual relations with that woman" If you want sexual relations to mean intercourse, I guess you could say he was right. America is getting tired of the B.S. Read the PDF file. It's very clear Sanford police recognized Zimmerman as the watchman.
Zimmerman claimed he wasn't on duty the night he murdered Trayvon.

What does Clinton's sex life have to do with Trayvon's murder?

“The Truth Can Hurt:”

Since: Jul 11

Central Florida

#58734 May 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what the he** YOU listened to ; BUT the Police Dispatcher DOES tell Ziommerman to remain in his vehicle and that the Police have been dispatched and will be there shortly ....
Maybe YOU need to clean your ears out and open up your prejudiced mind ...and you'd hear the TRUTH .
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58735 May 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well if that's the case, why did the HOA settle with the Martin's?
Maybe they know something you haven't read yet.
Or can you tell me everything that went on there too?
Settlements of this type are not that unusual. The cost of litigation is usually more than just settling. Let me give you an example:

A landlord in our city advertised his apartments with the exclusion of pets. He received a phone call from a lady that wanted the apartment, but had a cat. The cat helped her with her depression. The landlord refused to accept her application. Not long afterwards, another person called claiming his dog was needed for some other idiotic made-up mental condition, and again, the landlord refused to rent to anybody with pets.

A month later, he received two fines from the state--each at the cost of $2,500. So he called his lawyer.

The lawyer said that it's likely he can beat the rap. But the cost of two trials, the expense of traveling from Cleveland to Columbus, the appeals the state would likely exercise, he would be financially better if he just paid the $5,000 and wrote it off as a business expense. So that's what he did.

Nobody knows what the complex settled for. But whatever it was, it was likely less than dragging it out through court. In cases like this, people think with their wallet and not dignity.

It's a good thing I learned about this landlord case where state workers were sent out to act like potential tenants. I advertised my apartments and had the same thing happen to me. But because I heard of this landlord and his problems, I told the supposed applicant that I would accept pets for medical purposes, but I needed a prescription from a doctor and insurance to cover any possible damages their pet might do to my property. I never heard back from them. LOL!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58736 May 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! 20/20 interpretation is so convenient for you.
If it's convenient for others, why shouldn't it be convenient for me?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58737 May 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I wish you would actual prove something right or wrong son.
Instead of taking the gray area and giving your take on events.
Your claim was that Zim was not officially the neighborhood watch captain. I provided a reliable source that says he was. I proved you wrong. It's not a gray area.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#58738 May 14, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what the he** YOU listened to ; BUT the Police Dispatcher DOES tell Ziommerman to remain in his vehicle and that the Police have been dispatched and will be there shortly ....
Maybe YOU need to clean your ears out and open up your prejudiced mind ...and you'd hear the TRUTH .
Maybe you should quit reading left-wing blogs, and you would hear the truth.

Okay hot-shot. Here is the link to the unedited 911 tape. Your mission is to prove me wrong. Listen to the 911 call and give me the exact time-stamp on the tape where dispatch told Zimmerman to stay in his vehicle. I expect no reply from you:

“The Truth Can Hurt:”

Since: Jul 11

Central Florida

#58741 May 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should quit reading left-wing blogs, and you would hear the truth.
Okay hot-shot. Here is the link to the unedited 911 tape. Your mission is to prove me wrong. Listen to the 911 call and give me the exact time-stamp on the tape where dispatch told Zimmerman to stay in his vehicle. I expect no reply from you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zj7qEcD8R-8XX
Well; let's see .... NOT for sure if this is the complete 911 tape or a doctored version ....
ANYWAY at 2:30 the Dispatcher says ... "Are you following him ?" and Zimmerman replies, "Yeah, I am .. " Then; the Dispatcher says .."WE don't need you to do that." ... Zimmerman says .."OK" .....

So, "Hot Shot" or Dumb A**.. whatever you wish to call yourself ... what conclusion would YOU as a partially intelligent person draw from THAT ? STAY in your da* vehicle and do NOT Follow the suspect ... MARTIN ...

My point has been made ... If Zimmerman had not followed Martin ... as he was instructed ... None of this would have happened ..

Now; can you understand that ? Can't spell it out much more clear ...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#58742 May 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Settlements of this type are not that unusual. The cost of litigation is usually more than just settling. Let me give you an example:
A landlord in our city advertised his apartments with the exclusion of pets. He received a phone call from a lady that wanted the apartment, but had a cat. The cat helped her with her depression. The landlord refused to accept her application. Not long afterwards, another person called claiming his dog was needed for some other idiotic made-up mental condition, and again, the landlord refused to rent to anybody with pets.
A month later, he received two fines from the state--each at the cost of $2,500. So he called his lawyer.
The lawyer said that it's likely he can beat the rap. But the cost of two trials, the expense of traveling from Cleveland to Columbus, the appeals the state would likely exercise, he would be financially better if he just paid the $5,000 and wrote it off as a business expense. So that's what he did.
Nobody knows what the complex settled for. But whatever it was, it was likely less than dragging it out through court. In cases like this, people think with their wallet and not dignity.
It's a good thing I learned about this landlord case where state workers were sent out to act like potential tenants. I advertised my apartments and had the same thing happen to me. But because I heard of this landlord and his problems, I told the supposed applicant that I would accept pets for medical purposes, but I needed a prescription from a doctor and insurance to cover any possible damages their pet might do to my property. I never heard back from them. LOL!
You're comparing a killing to rentals and cats and dogs?

If Zimmerman held on syg and was successful, the HOA needs to pay nothing.

So now you've gone from "Settlements of this type are not that unusual...." to they could have avoided it completely if Zimmerman really did stand his ground with the justice system.

You dance around the issue to make your points, but the facts really set a clear pattern of what's happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True protest ignorance 6 hr The Peoples Media 21
News Events manager resigns from Deltona's Center Sun overit 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Feb 16 Musikologist 25
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Feb 14 The Peoples Media 1,120
Democrat and evil Feb 14 The Peoples Media 8
News Consumer help: Gym contracts, ripoffs (May '09) Feb 8 Mjolnir 17
Change of leadership Feb 4 Jeremy 8

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance