Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 20 comments on the Mar 22, 2012, Wall Street Journal story titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#53472 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
17 is not a child.
Tell it to the state of Florida.

Truth's Door

#53473 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
It was not a crime for George to get out of his vehicle and look for an address.
That's not what he's being charged with.

Try to keep up.

Truth's Door

#53474 Mar 8, 2013
Equal Rights wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go again.. Always answering a question with a question like some little elementary school girl. Grow up already lady.

My point is that if you are so willing to believe the on scene investigators concluding that martin didnt have a weapon ,,then why are you unwilling to believe the rest of the investigation.
I believe the investigation carried out by Special Prosecutor Angela Corey and her investigators from the FDLE.

Now, your point is laughable. The Sanford Police Department will not put together a report that is Lie after Lie after Lie. That is not how it works, naive one.

If ANY police department dared to do that over and over they would find themselves under a federal consent decree so fast, their heads would literally spin.

The SPD investigation was inept and immoral. Don't look now, but they've got a new permanent chief. I hope he cleans house. Ex-chief Lee was only one part of the problem. Many more exist in that department.

If you're waiting for me to give the Sanford Police Department any props, don't hold your breath.

Sorry, I mean...

Hold your breath.
Traybon B Algone

Newport News, VA

#53476 Mar 8, 2013
d-pants wrote:
<quoted text> he's about to find out......
noooo traybon just attacked the wrong crackka. opps....live altering event. I'll bet as the story unfolds...his little girlfriend was on the phone egging him on. Oh well she has to live with it and well tryabon...well you know.
Traybon B Algone

Newport News, VA

#53478 Mar 8, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Thug Zimmerman is a LIAR.
Thug Zimmerman is a woman beater.
Thug Zimmerman is an assaulter of customers.
Thug Zimmerman is a road rager.
Thug Zimmerman is a Deceiver and as a "potted plant."
Thug Zimmerman is an assaulter of law enforcement.
Thug Zimmerman is a Fool.
Thug Zimmerman is a child killer.
Thug Zimmerman allows his homies to take the rap for his actions.
Thug Zimmerman likes hitting Mexicans walking on sidewalks.
Thug Zimmerman is a MURDERER.(according to the state of Florida and me).
Thug Zimmerman is a gluttonous mess!
Now, what is it you were saying?
Thuglette Traybon is dead. Zimmerman is a hero. Thats what most folks are saying.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

#53479 Mar 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You have that backwards.

But for you, it's normal.
Please show us any evidence that backs up your claim..........

OOOOPS ya can't can ya..........ROTFLMAO

Typical black thug..........

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#53480 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>Thug Zimmerman is a LIAR.

Thug Zimmerman is a woman beater.

Thug Zimmerman is an assaulter of customers.

Thug Zimmerman is a road rager.

Thug Zimmerman is a Deceiver and as a "potted plant."

Thug Zimmerman is an assaulter of law enforcement.

Thug Zimmerman is a Fool.

Thug Zimmerman is a child killer.

Thug Zimmerman allows his homies to take the rap for his actions.

Thug Zimmerman likes hitting Mexicans walking on sidewalks.

Thug Zimmerman is a MURDERER.(according to the state of Florida and me).

Thug Zimmerman is a gluttonous mess!

Now, what is it you were saying?
And ash tray is dead because he was a punk

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#53481 Mar 8, 2013
Homo Africanus wrote:
Awesome Dude!.....Totally Awesome!.....If more individuals had the guts that you displayed when the gang-bangers confronted you, this kind of crime would practically be non-existent.

The criminal element goes ballistic whenever somebody dares to stand their ground and stand up to these violent criminals who plague our society. They always portray these violent offenders as "children" as they are now doing in the Martin case.

Yet Martin was old enough to legally join the military. And he was old enough to legally have sex with a 23 year old in the State of Florida.

He was hardly a child.

He was a violent young adult who messed with the wrong person. It's refreshing to know there are people like you out there who refuse to be intimidated when confronted by evil. These vicious attacks would dramatically cease if more people fought back. These gang-bangers wouldn't be robbing and killing as they are doing now.

That's why the liberals are trying to disarm the law abiding citizens in this country. Criminals do not respect or abide by our laws or our Constitution. They would be the only ones who would be armed if our Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms were to be eliminated.

Congratulations on your body count.

There's nothing quite like a confirmed kill.

Thank you for your service.
If more people armed them self and stood up to these animals the streets would be safer
Steve

Zephyrhills, FL

#53482 Mar 8, 2013
Trayvon is dead and rightfully so. Zimmerman was beaten and had to defend himself from a feral savage black animal who could not control his inner bred savagery.
The world is a much safer place with people like Trayvon gone
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53484 Mar 8, 2013
Here Is One for President!!!

Great job protecting yourself from a vicious thug

Truth's Door

#53485 Mar 8, 2013
Traybon B Algone wrote:
<quoted text>Thuglette Traybon is dead. Zimmerman is a hero. Thats what most folks are saying.
Those folks apparently only talk with their mouths and not their money, whoever those "most folks" are. HA!

The Thug Zimmerman is broke and he needs your help.

Truth's Door

#53486 Mar 8, 2013
Ok, I see you guys done got started.

I've got a full schedule today, so I'll check back with you Fools later.

Keep up the bad work.
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53487 Mar 8, 2013
George was looking for an address and while waiting for police to arrive he was attacked by martin.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#53488 Mar 8, 2013
TOTAL RAISED BETWEEN JANUARY 1 AND MARCH 3, 2013:$53,611.11

EXPENSES FOR JANUARY 1 - MARCH 3, 2013:$43,670.58

http://www.gzdefensefund.com/donate/index.php...

Almost $10,000.oo left.
Not bad for some "you" think is guilty :)

With MORE coming in DAILY!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#53489 Mar 8, 2013
some
someone :)
new guest

Houston, TX

#53490 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Those folks apparently only talk with their mouths and not their money, whoever those "most folks" are. HA!
The Thug Zimmerman is broke and he needs your help.
Then I suppose all that talk about the Z man profiting from the death of Trayvon is all lies, yes?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#53493 Mar 8, 2013
Good morning to all the racists and bigots and haters on here.
May your day end the opposite as it began.
Rise and Shine!
On Sunday, you utter Fools will be losing an hour to spew your filth. Try to make up for it today. Let it all out. Let your words show the world who you really are.
If you haven't guessed by now, know that I take Great pleasure in needling you racists. If you don't care for what I post, then my work is only beginning.
Rise and shine, you pitiful Fools. Rise and Shine, you've got an hour to try to make up for. Don't wait the last minute. Oops, don't wait the last hour.
Rise and shine!
Here Is Stupid, stay your crazy azz in your worm hole.
Gee Whiz, that post shows you for what you are? A complete and utter Liberal? No fetchins up, nor learnin', nor nothin...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#53494 Mar 8, 2013
Congratulations to Chicagoland!

This week Chicago passed the rest of the world’s cities combined in murders!

It sure is a good thing Chicago has a gun ban ...

... only knows how many would be dead if guns were allowed in the city!

Chicago’s gun ban has exactly the same results as other gun bans. It gets people a lot of people killed. Liberals love to believe guns are the problem and not the person using it to commit crimes. To paraphrase Mayor Rahm Emanuel (may attendance at lots of funerals be upon him),“never let liberal ideology get in the way of fact!”

Since the gun ban isn't exactly cleansing the Windy City of crime, maybe they should start banning young, black males from the city.

Police records show black males are the culprits using evil guns (probably semi-automatics, too!) to kill.

Or maybe Chicago should just ban trigger fingers on its citizens?
http://angrywhitedude.com/2012/12/500-murders...
Equal Rights

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#53495 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
That's not what he's being charged with.
Try to keep up.
Yes dumb dumb. We all know what George is being CHARGED with. The state has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt to get a CONVICTION . So far there has not been any rock solid evidence,just speculation and that will not convince a jury .

I also want to say that the states star witness just took a major fall from grace by lying under oath. Can you get that through your simple minded head that her credibility is shot.

Try to keep up
Ohwell

Carmel, IN

#53496 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
As soon as you share yours about Thug Zimmerman's LIES.
After all, Thug Zimmerman is the one who is charged with murdering a child who was minding his own business.
It is his actions, not the actions of someone hundreds of miles away, that caused him to be charged with murder.
The scareddy cat was so scared that he decided to ignore the advice of law enforcement. The scareddy cat was sooooooo scared that he dicided to follow the innocent kid that he was sooooooo scared of.
He tells the 911 operator that Trayvon was "running away" from him. But on the Hannity/ThugZimmerman/O'Mara Entertainment-Fundraising Hour, he tells a different story.
Lets not even mention how old he says he thought the innocent child was. His LIES and actions bring into question every and any thing he says. His credibility is shot.
Witness 8 is not on trial and not the cause of Thug Zimmerman following, shooting and killing an innocent child. The cause of that would be that LIAR, Thug Zimmerman.
Since you want to harp on who is lying, start at the prime suspect. And once you resolve his LIES, I guarantee you that any one else's lies that you want to harp upon will seem so trivial.
Give it a try.
Have you ever retold a traumatic event? If you did, you would know that it more than likely to mix up minor details like that. You are not thinking that you have to keep track of all the details when this event is occuring. Have you ever been a victim in any kind of event -criminal or civil?
If you 've been a victim, you will know that remembering details may not be as easy for some. You may describe something a little differently the next time and it has nothing to do with guilt or trying to lie. It's one thing to say you were in the hospital the day of a funeral when it isn't true...that's a blatant lie. It's quite another to tell a 911 operator a suspect is running away and not remember the details of the evening as vividly days, weeks or months later. Stress most certainly impacts memory as well.

We all know what you think happened to Martin and we all know the reality. You have been presented with new questions about this case and refuse to address them. So, the star witness lied about her age and her whereabout. Most of us knew she was questionable when she never bothered to call police after she claimed there was a fight and the phone went dead. Wouldn't you think Dee Dee would be concerned for her sweet YOUNG boyfriend? This older woman may have had another kind of involvement with Martin but it probably had more to do with something criminal--based on her reaction that evening and her lies. Why would you lie unless there was something to hide?

Before you answer...please think hard. There is a difference between lies and remembering the details of a traumatic event that happened months ago. Zimmerman has gained nearly 100 pounds since the shooting so obviously the guy is under intense stress due to the threats and the fact he can't even go outside without fear of being killed. With crazy people like you spewing your hatred before all the facts are revealed, it's no wonder he has to hide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake County Sheriff 2016 (Sep '14) 15 hr Juan 17
Corruption pays in LCSO 16 hr Jeremy 21
Hot girl driving a BMW convertible Oviedo near UCf 20 hr Yikes 2
The Comfort of Men Wearing Panties and Why.. (Nov '11) 23 hr Railspike77 183
heroin (Feb '14) Fri brjd 4
News George Zimmerman compares himself to Anne Frank... Apr 24 John 5
HUGE DELTONA YARD SALE - Quality items no crap ... (Aug '14) Apr 23 angiesings4u 2
More from around the web

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]