Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 2,143)

Showing posts 42,841 - 42,860 of65,281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
attention

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it right, 100 percent. That is the state's position. The state will prove that very fact in court and a jury will agree.
He should have stayed in his vehicle.
So what. George exited his vehicle to find an address. Even if George was attempting to keep a close watch on where the suspicious person was heading,he was still within his legal rights as an american citizen.
You just don't like the fact that martin was referred to as a suspicious person. I can assure you if the recent burglary suspects matched the description of a white boy in cargo shorts and a pair of flip flops George would have done the same thing. Nothing George did that night was racially motivated.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Looks like the so called witness for the prosecution got caught lying. Just another piece that will free Zimmerman as if there weren't already enough reasons.
attention

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a girl lying about why she didn't attend a funeral have anything to do with Zimmerthugman murdering Trayvon?
Judge Nelson, the THIRD judge in this case thinks this is moot. Funny thing, I agree with the judge.
It has everything to do with credibility ,, because all we have is her word. Its kind of similar to a jailhouse snitch dropping a dime on an inmate. Lies are lies and when a mans freedom is on the line,, the state better come up with some rock solid evidence and not the word of a woman " chief witness 8" who lied under oath

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
And found not guilty. Look it up
You liar. He was convicted of manslaughter, as well he should have been. No wonder you didn't provide names or a link, they would have exposed you as the liar you are.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/trevor-...

This guy was a loose cannon, just like Zimmerthugman. He will also suffer the same fate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

chris wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess if you look through the criminals eyes, you can always come up with an unfair socio pathic view, but that is irrelevant to civil society
You pretend to not know she is looking through unbiased eyes.

Probably offensive to suggest she is looking at it through Zimmerthugman's eyes. JMO.

Killing unarmed children is anathema to civil society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

attention wrote:
<quoted text> So what. George exited his vehicle to find an address. Even if George was attempting to keep a close watch on where the suspicious person was heading,he was still within his legal rights as an american citizen.
You just don't like the fact that martin was referred to as a suspicious person. I can assure you if the recent burglary suspects matched the description of a white boy in cargo shorts and a pair of flip flops George would have done the same thing. Nothing George did that night was racially motivated.
It well may be that it was not racially motivated. But, it was rage motivated. He had his Napoleon complex, or as the police said "small man complex".

Trayvon may have seemed suspicious. All the more reason for Zimmerthugman to have obeyed LE and followed the rules to not follow and not confront.

BYW, American should ALWAYS be capitalized. Always.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

attention wrote:
<quoted text> It has everything to do with credibility ,, because all we have is her word. Its kind of similar to a jailhouse snitch dropping a dime on an inmate. Lies are lies and when a mans freedom is on the line,, the state better come up with some rock solid evidence and not the word of a woman " chief witness 8" who lied under oath
You are correct. Which is why we cannot rely on Zimmerman's testimony. He is a perjurer who also forced his wife to perjure herself.

Which one of his stories do you believe? The state doesn't believe any of them.
d-pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

yawn. Its the rules in any neighborhood watch you don't pursue any suspects. Following somebody into a backyard that isn't yours doesn't count as "standing your ground" either.
d-pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

attention wrote:
<quoted text> So what. George exited his vehicle to find an address. Even if George was attempting to keep a close watch on where the suspicious person was heading,he was still within his legal rights as an american citizen.
was the adress on the back of the house? That's really odd.
d-pants

Rushmore, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You'll need it. I'm sending a shit-seeking missile your way.
Damned idiot. I suppose you think that will give you enough time to find a hiding place before it finds it's way back to you? hahah
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

d-pants wrote:
<quoted text> because the confrontation happened in a back yard. so now the burden of proof is on you, how did he not follow him if he didn't drive through somebodys lawn? o_O
Drive through someone's lawn? Where did you get that 'fact'? I asked the question how someone could be followed if they vanished from sight? No one has been able to answer. Certainly, Zimmerman had EVERY right to walk in his OWN neighborhood and meet the police at the back gate. I would imagine he had to cut through yards to do that. Where was Martin's house in relation to that gate? I thought it was in that direction. It may even be possible Zimmerman heard noises and walked in that direction to investigate. Foolish yes, criminal no. Zimmerman was waiting for the police he CALLED. It is obvious he had no intent to hurt or kill anyone. Martin, on the other hand, did have malicious intent. Based on the facts, he attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman cried for help based on the witness who saw it. The scream I heard was high pitched like Zimmerman's voice. Has the media posted Martin's voice anywhere? I doubt it because based on the facial hair and age, his voice was more likely deeper than Z's. Daddy dearest didn't identify the voice on the tape as his son's and then changed his mind. Mommy dearest and quite possibly Trayvon's racist mentor, knew exactly what to say.

Since we already know Martin was within several feet of his house, we know he could have been home if he hadn't decided to attack Zimmerman instead. Based on these facts, we can deduce that Martin was NOT afraid at all. Martin chose to attack Zimmerman rather than go into his house.

Do you know anything about the minor who was in the house during the shooting? I would imagine that he saw the whole thing or heard the shots. He must have known something terrible happened right outside the door. Isn't it strange daddy dearest had no idea that night? Yea, right. I'm sure he knew that night and so did Mommy Dearest. Daddy Dearest didn't want to lie when he was questioned about the voice on the tape. I'm sure he figured there would be witnesses just like the minor in his girl friend's house who saw what happened. When he realized Crump and Company were going to rake in big bucks, suddenly the voice become's Martin's. The media gets involved to incite racism using racist ploys. Mommy Dearest ramps up her act and hires a posse of black racists to intimidate and market her grief. Witnesses that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman suddenly couldn't recollect. The Black Panthers were threatening to murder Zimmerman and his family/friends....and perhaps witnesses? This is a very dirty case. The prosecuter is dirty, Crump and Co. are dirty, the Martin's are dirty and the media is dirty. Zimmerman and his wife are not very bright. His attorney is not very good. I certainly hope he wins the suit agains the media stations who damaged his reputation. He deserves to get millions out of it.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. No wonder you keep changing your name.
Her not attending a funeral has nothing to do with the murder of Trayvon.
No doubt, but lying to police is problematic for the Martins. Did she lie in her deposition? Any information on that?
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
True. True. True.
If the murdered victim were not black one of the racist haters here would disagree with you.
It's really sad that you would accuse people for being racist simply because they don't think Martin was a victim. The facts are the facts. I'm not sure why race is playing such a large role in this case. You have a kid that was black and a man that is Latino. Maybe the fact the media and other racists want to 'get him' because he has a white father has something to do with it.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

d-pants wrote:
I'm. Not following it very closely, but unless the witness changed their story to seeing martin drag zimmerman from his truck to a back yard, it still doesn't matter, its evident zimmerman followed him.
What a strange comment. How can you follow someone who has disappeared from sight? If Martin was the innocent as you claim, why wasn't he home? He had plenty of time. The facts prove that he ambushed Zimmerman just outside his house. Zimmerman had no idea where he was because he vanished while Z was on the phone. So the kid is gone and Zimmerman is waiting for the police to arrive. He heads to the back gate and he's ambushed. It's dark and Zimmerman has no idea where the kid is although it appears he finds him with a blow to the head and nose. Your theory is filled with holes because Zimmerman contacted the police. It makes no sense at all that he would suddenly decide to stalk and kill an 'innocent' kid. Were there any other mysterious deaths of other black people in this neighborhood? Surely, if Z were so blatant to call police and then stalk and kill someone, there must be more dead victims.
Ohwell

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Casper the PERVERTED ghost, the Buffoon Bill, I know you and Ohwell are the same person. You had to create another character in order to have someone defend you and your deviant posts.
I don't think pills will help you. A lobotomy is the only answer for you.
I am NOT Bill, sweetie. But I have to wonder if you are Be True based on the fact you have answered posts directed to him/her/it? A little projection on your part is revealing, however. Please remain on topic and stop the incessant whining and nitpicking about the personalities in these threads. It's very annoying.

You've never answered my questions about the minor who was waiting for Martin to return from the store. He surely must have watched the commotion outside his door. Any comments?4115

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Good morning to all the racists and bigots and haters on here.

May your day end the opposite as it began.
news flash

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

The only racist are the people that use race as an issue all the time. This is only news because of the racist that made it news. We all know if the kid was white no one would care. Of course the parents wouldn't be crying racism then either, it would be a death and a trial and then a verdict, based on if it was a crime or not. Not a big blow out over the race of the kid.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Ohwell wrote:
<quoted text>What a strange comment. How can you follow someone who has disappeared from sight? If Martin was the innocent as you claim, why wasn't he home? He had plenty of time. The facts prove that he ambushed Zimmerman just outside his house. Zimmerman had no idea where he was because he vanished while Z was on the phone. So the kid is gone and Zimmerman is waiting for the police to arrive. He heads to the back gate and he's ambushed. It's dark and Zimmerman has no idea where the kid is although it appears he finds him with a blow to the head and nose. Your theory is filled with holes because Zimmerman contacted the police. It makes no sense at all that he would suddenly decide to stalk and kill an 'innocent' kid. Were there any other mysterious deaths of other black people in this neighborhood? Surely, if Z were so blatant to call police and then stalk and kill someone, there must be more dead victims.
That's what hunting and stalking is son.
Homo Africanus

Frankfurt, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
Good morning to all the racists and bigots and haters on here.
May your day end the opposite as it began.
The only racist on here is you and zazz, and the rest of your alternates. I aslo hope your day ends the opposite than it began, in a body bag.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

get well soon travyonn, we're all pulling for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,841 - 42,860 of65,281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sanford Discussions

Search the Sanford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 2 hr number 23 2,915
America full of racists idiots (Jul '13) 11 hr Fitus T Bluster 55
People associate blacks with apes (Aug '13) Sat Total 17
Neogroidal feeding time at the Zoo. Jul 11 Federal Hydrashok 1
Canon CF Card Recovery-Get back lost videos/pho... Jul 10 abby 1
Tribal warfare in Chicago. Jul 9 Justin Igger 1
Nike Discuss Sloth LTD Jul 8 juanjuanlv 1
•••
•••
•••
Sanford Dating

more search filters

less search filters