Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#52476 Feb 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>that "BOY" as you call him was a known criminal already! did you forget that he was in the gated community because he had been suspended from school again???? do you remember why he was suspended???? he had drugs,womans jewelry and a screwdriver in his backpack....zimmerman saved all those homeowners from being victimized by that thug rat.
You need to look up the word criminal and tell us how it more appropriately applies to Thug Zimmerman.

Remember, then-Chief Bill Lee and the Sanford Police Department has already said that Trayvon, the child who was minding his own business, didn't have a criminal record.

What info you got that they don't?

Thug Zimmerman saved no one from nothing. Let's see how he can save "all those homeowners" from a special monthly assessment.

They will be happy about that. Very happy, indeed.

Truth's Door

#52477 Feb 23, 2013
just thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,,, Race was made a major issue when President Obama said "if i had a son he we look like trayvon". Bringing up race was done when the liberal networks wanted to play judge jury and executioner, when the new black panther party put a bounty on zimmerman, when spike lee sent out addresses, when al sharpton spewed his typical hate.
Playing "judge, jury and executioner" is what Thug Zimmerman actually did.

Keep up.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#52479 Feb 23, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
I know more about the legal system than you could ascertain if you've been in the courtroom for a hundred years.
Now be fair.

Being "around" a courtroom means he "almost" went to law school and is "pretty close" to being a lawyer so he has "just about" an educated opinion.

Truth's Door

#52485 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Now be fair.

Being "around" a courtroom means he "almost" went to law school and is "pretty close" to being a lawyer so he has "just about" an educated opinion.
You are correct.

If only he was a member of the Horseshoe Club.

Then his failure of true potential wouldn't be a total waste.

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#52487 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't have a thing to do with his race, you ignorant racist bigot.
It had to do with a parent - and aobve all other things, Obama is a parent- dealing with- empathy- the loss of a child.
Parents around the US- without regard to color or age- understood exactly how he felt and what he meant.
I understand why it would go past you.
Obviously, the pedophile apologists are not interested with this loss- displayed by the blame the victim response over the last year.
I think it did have to do with race, and I think he was right in making it about race (and empathy as a parent).
Every time I here about injustice because of skin color, I sit down with my boys, 8 & 16, and I remind them that because of the color of their skin, some people will pre-judge them, so they have to be extra alert and careful in certain situations.
While the pre-judgment (profiling) of Martin focused on the fact that Martin was Black and fit a vague discription (young, black, male) of previous troublemakers, pre-judging anyone, could result in the same.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52488 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>That reminds me: you forgot to empty the trash cans and there are cobwebs in the corners.

Don't count on your 25 years as job security: you can still be canned.
I'm sure cleaning a courtroom wouldn't be why you were there. Go give that urine sample now convict. There really is no reason for you to debate this issue with me. You're just lack the education and knowledge in this field. Stick to flipping burgers.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52489 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the pedophile thug shot an unarmed boy minding his own business on the sidewalk in front of his house.

The pedophile's wife is up next for lying to the court.

Let's see if the pedophile will plea out, the state of Florida has his tiny testicles in a vice.
Don't think Zimmerman was ever charged with a sex crime. Try reading the actual facts I posted earlier idiot.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52490 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the pedophile thug shot an unarmed boy minding his own business on the sidewalk in front of his house.

The pedophile's wife is up next for lying to the court.

Let's see if the pedophile will plea out, the state of Florida has his tiny testicles in a vice.
You also left out he shot a low life thug that attacked him and was trying to bash his brains out on the sidewalk. It's in the report and supported by autopsy reports, witness statement, and photos of Zimmerman's injuries. Oh I forgot you don't consider evidence just color.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52491 Feb 23, 2013
just thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,, you continue to post facts,, While "they" continue to post opinions and make bias claims. Why is it so hard for them to identify with a man being vigilant to keep the community safer.There is no evidence that supports the claim of zimmerman attacking martin. Zimmerman did the right thing by contacting the non emergency police line. He did the right thing by trying to get an exact location of the suspicious person.

I think some people just have a major problem and take great offense to the the fact that martin was profiled as suspicious.
Well there had been numerous break ins in that community and Martin fit the description of one of the suspects. Absolutely nothing wrong with calling the police when you see a person in your community that you're not familiar with and matches descriptions of a suspect. Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to see where they are going so you can relay the information to the police. If they attack you and try to kill you there is nothing wrong with protecting yourself. He will be acquitted. I suppose some on here would lay there and die.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52492 Feb 23, 2013
just thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,,, Race was made a major issue when President Obama said "if i had a son he we look like trayvon". Bringing up race was done when the liberal networks wanted to play judge jury and executioner, when the new black panther party put a bounty on zimmerman, when spike lee sent out addresses, when al sharpton spewed his typical hate.
I wonder if he would have said that if he saw more current photos of the thug?
Truth

Rome, GA

#52493 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Except for what the state of Florida looked at and decided that the pedophile thug murdered the unarmed boy who committed no crime other than being black at night while walking.

Funny how it seems the pedophile apologists keep forgetting the SATE of Florida has looked at ALL the evidence and believes the pedophile to be guilty.

If only the pedophile could come up for an explanation for how he found himself on the sidewalk three blocks from his truck.
Funny how you are an idiot in believing that Florida has found him guilty. You're really stupid.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52494 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously: you are a m/f c/s liar.

The state of Florida is going to use you as a witness to explain your fantasies: they are going to follow the footsteps of this boy going from his house to the the store and returning home and they are going to map exactly where the pedophile turned his truck around and stalked him and exactly the path the pedophile took to intercept and assault the boy on the sidewalk in front of his house.

And the state of Florida is going to warm up the stage by showing America something everyone already knows: that the pedophile zimmerman and his ugly fat wife are liars.
There was no stalking. You're still an idiot.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52495 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>I know more about the legal system than you could ascertain if you've been in the courtroom for a hundred years.

If I were you I wouldn't go around bragging about how many years you've been in the courtroom (as an officer of the court or criminal). The things that have come from you by way of your posts indicate that you haven't learned much.

A eight year old can tell us more about the American legal system than you can. You do remember your many shortcomings, right?

You should have stayed buried in the cemetery of stupidity.

Oh well, at least you can laugh at yourself. We are.
You really are stupid. You have proven you know very little. Go back to your cell before they come in and take your cell phone. Still laughing at you're ignorance.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52497 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>Stop confusing "to" with "too".

Ok, smarty?

One time, ok. Two times, you get some slack. But over and over?

Oh well, par for the course for you. Continue, hturt.

That's right, I'm renaming you. Your rightful name is hturt.

It doesn't sound right. It doesn't look right. It isn't right. It will never be right.

That's YOU, the opposite of TRUTH.
Yet you still remain stupid. You have little knowledge of the legal system and have proven it numerous times on here. Must you keep displaying your ignorance?

Truth's Door

#52498 Feb 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>You really are stupid. You have proven you know very little. Go back to your cell before they come in and take your cell phone. Still laughing at you're ignorance.
You are of very little substance.

(Also read note at end of this post, smarty pants).

Your schoolyard taunts do not bother me. It just exposes you even further. Earlier you called me a racist, even though I said absolutely nothing about race.

And now you liberally use the word stupid. Your posts are indicative of the ways of Here Is Stupid. You two are joined at the skull. Too bad there's not even one mind between the two of you.

Neither of you are to be taken serious. One brags about killing other people and the other brags about how much he knows about the legal system.

HA!

One needs instructions on killing mosquitos. The other needs beginner courses about the American legal system. What a tag-team pair you two make.

From now on you both shall be known as the World Tag-Team Heavyweight Champions of Stupidity.

You both should square off in a cage match for the singles championship.

[NOTE: "to" is not "too" AND "you're" is not "your"]

Truth's Door

#52499 Feb 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you still remain stupid. You have little knowledge of the legal system and have proven it numerous times on here. Must you keep displaying your ignorance?
Do tell the "numerous times" of my little knowledge of the legal system.

Surely you have what you call "real facts" to back you up.

Do tell.
Truth

Rome, GA

#52500 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>You are of very little substance.

(Also read note at end of this post, smarty pants).

Your schoolyard taunts do not bother me. It just exposes you even further. Earlier you called me a racist, even though I said absolutely nothing about race.

And now you liberally use the word stupid. Your posts are indicative of the ways of Here Is Stupid. You two are joined at the skull. Too bad there's not even one mind between the two of you.

Neither of you are to be taken serious. One brags about killing other people and the other brags about how much he knows about the legal system.

HA!

One needs instructions on killing mosquitos. The other needs beginner courses about the American legal system. What a tag-team pair you two make.

From now on you both shall be known as the World Tag-Team Heavyweight Champions of Stupidity.

You both should square off in a cage match for the singles championship.

[NOTE: "to" is not "too" AND "you're" is not "your"]
Yet you are still stupid and that just can't be fixed. Take some legal courses and get informed. There may be hope for you yet.

Truth's Door

#52501 Feb 23, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you are still stupid and that just can't be fixed. Take some legal courses and get informed. There may be hope for you yet.
Follow your own advice. You need it. I do not.

When are you gonna present to us those "numerous times" of my little knowledge of the legal system you brought up?

Or was that just you lying again?

Believe me, I already know.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#52502 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you just posted makes sense. How stupid. If you want to talk about math a great example would be the idiot Obama meeting with ignorant Al Sharpton to discuss the economy when Al hasn't paid his back taxes. There was no mixed signals given by Zim and I am sure he had plenty of security when he went on the show. Who wouldn't have a little fear when your life has been threatened by those idiots in the Panther party.
You are the stupid one. Everything she said would make sense if you knew anything about this case. It's been all over the news media.

You don't know anything about any signals given by Zimmerthugman because you're too stupid to know what's going on. You make stuff up to suit your prejudiced theories.

Are you too stupid to keep up? Yes!!!!!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#52503 Feb 24, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you going to riot when he goes free? Prepare yourself.
You think everyone who disagrees with your convoluted opinions is a criminal. You are most likely a criminal yourself. You are certainly a stupid moronic idiot.

Whether he goes free or goes to prison WTH would I riot? You ass.

Are you going to riot when he is convicted? Prepare yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lcso employees arrested 18 hr The Peoples Media 43
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 19 hr The Peoples Media 1,114
Albert Rohe (Mar '12) Wed AJ Non hater 38
Election Who do you support for Chief Financial Officer ... (Oct '10) Jan 16 Just a fiar 224
News Deltona dentist arrested after 'tug of war' wit... (May '11) Jan 15 bakerlb57 9
kos media publication Jan 15 The Peoples Media 6
True protest ignorance Jan 15 Jeremy 7

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages