Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Jan 13

Spokane, WA

#50497 Jan 29, 2013
Addendum...we need you hard laborers, just not the racist ones. C-ya...

Spokane, WA

#50499 Jan 29, 2013
Silence is Golden...

Spokane, WA

#50500 Jan 29, 2013
Lunch pails and Trailer Parks..."Sunshine and Lollipops"...Good song for both...

Spokane, WA

#50501 Jan 29, 2013
Racism is quiet tonight. Scared are you?

Spokane, WA

#50502 Jan 29, 2013
Good Night Racists. No rebutal? I am out...

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50506 Jan 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a black belt in martial arts. Trust me, you have no idea what they teach when it comes to legalities and self-defnse.
What proof do you have of Zim restraining thug that night? None. Just like you have no proof of stalking, chasing, hunting down or murder. No grass stains on thugs clothing. No evidence to suggest he was ever pinned down by Zimmerman. It's all wishful thinking on your part.
I wasn't talking about what they teach thugs to avoid prosecution by claiming self defense. I did say self defense class-as in when you're being followed at night by an unknown, and then grabbed, what do you do to get away? Blind the unknown. If they can't see you, they can't get you.

United States

#50507 Jan 30, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a black belt in martial arts. Trust me, you have no idea what they teach when it comes to legalities and self-defnse.
What proof do you have of Zim restraining thug that night? None. Just like you have no proof of stalking, chasing, hunting down or murder. No grass stains on thugs clothing. No evidence to suggest he was ever pinned down by Zimmerman. It's all wishful thinking on your part.
Kind of like you have no proof of Martin attacking Zimmerman?

Since nobody knows what actually did happen, I'm going by what I think makes the most sense.
And since when is pinning someone on the grass the only way to restrain someone? Grabbing and holding onto one's jacket is also restraining.

United States

#50508 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Zim had a gun legally
The perp could not get a legal gun
Yes I know......
To people like you all guns are the same..........LOL
You just further proved my point. IF Martin had been a thug, punk, criminal, whatever...he would have been armed, whether it was legal for him to be so or not. Because criminals don't care if they're legally holding a gun. SMH

United States

#50509 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops only arrest punks that won't answer a question
If the perp had ran he would have been tackled
Period
Cops would have to identify themselves as cops, otherwise even a tackle would be illegal. And I think you're forgetting, Zimmerman never identified himself as 'security'.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#50512 Jan 30, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
You just further proved my point. IF Martin had been a thug, punk, criminal, whatever...he would have been armed, whether it was legal for him to be so or not. Because criminals don't care if they're legally holding a gun. SMH
I understand what you are saying but every black thug is not armed........

Many are too stupid to steal a weapon

“Facts”

Location hidden

#50513 Jan 30, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops would have to identify themselves as cops, otherwise even a tackle would be illegal. And I think you're forgetting, Zimmerman never identified himself as 'security'.
How do you know that????

He said he did???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#50515 Jan 30, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Oh heck, I don't mind, we all have our crosses to bear. We all have differing opinions, I've crossed swords with you more than once... haven't I? So we go on, and life goes on.. if we can't have a discussion, and I like them about religion and politics,(I do like a good fight).... as my 101 yr.old Mother says...."You just like to argue". I tell her, "Yeah Mom that's how I learn"...
lol! You DO? You LEARN?

Well maybe at the expense of honesty and integrity, but that's all on you again.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#50516 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying but every black thug is not armed........
Many are too stupid to steal a weapon
lol! Which is why idiots like you resort to lying, eh son?

Woohoo!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#50517 Jan 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Which is why idiots like you resort to lying, eh son?
Woohoo!
When and where???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#50521 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When and where???
lol! Already posted son. You just refuse to read. That’s you’re problem if you prefer to remain ignorant by choice!

Woohoo!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#50522 Jan 30, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Already posted son. You just refuse to read. That’s you’re problem if you prefer to remain ignorant by choice!
Woohoo!
But you cant post it again like this????

This is how you prove someone a liar troll..........
But for some reason you cant do it????

tell us why troll???

Lets all watch the moron Yea claim that the burden of proof is on the defense..........LOL

How stupid must a person be to think this???

Ok.......

You might want to use the restroom before you read this as some have wet their pants from laughing so hard........

On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……

Here Is One wrote:

<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p...

Yea wrote.
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#50524 Jan 30, 2013
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text>R U serious why would he A private citizen can ask someone they do not recognize if they belong to the community. Martin could have said he was staying with his fathers girl friend, rather than trying to beat Zimmerman. A little less bad attitude and he would probably still be alive today . Trayvon only proved that he was not bullet proof
A private citizen can refuse to answer questions from a drug-induced, gun-toting, woman-beating punk.

Any day of the week.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#50527 Jan 30, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
A private citizen can refuse to answer questions from a drug-induced, gun-toting, woman-beating punk.
Any day of the week.
And that private citizen has every legal right to follow that 215 suspect.......

And then shoot the 215 suspect when they punch you in the face and then jump on top of you...

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#50528 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>And that private citizen has every legal right to follow that 215 suspect.......

And then shoot the 215 suspect when they punch you in the face and then jump on top of you...
There was no "215 suspect."

There was an innocent child, minding his own business.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#50529 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And that private citizen has every legal right to follow that 215 suspect.......
Person, "Defending" him/her self must be in fear of imminent death and/or Great bodily harm, and even then can only return "Equal and Opposite Force."
Can of Tea doesn't cut it.
Why didn't Martin use that can of tea as a weapon? Seems if he were attacking Zim, he would have facilitated the ONLY weapon he had available.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is lauren ritchie? (Sep '15) 53 min The Peoples Media 62
Cowards and crime 3 hr The Peoples Media 12
more black on white crime! (Aug '13) Fri tarf 121
Double standard May 9 Earl 46
Change of leadership May 7 Earl 33
Sheriff Candidates (Apr '16) May 6 Sheriffs Candidat... 57
Buy your crack on Landsdown (May '17) May 3 oink o hara 3

Sanford Jobs

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages