Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,349

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#50387 Jan 29, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS...

Cecil E. Smith, on your appointment as Sanford's new Chief of Police.

I hope one of your first acts is to clean house in that corrupt and immoral department. Put employees on notice that crimes and immoral acts against citizens will NOT be tolerated..

Put them on notice that ALL citizens are to be afforded due process of the law.

Put them on notice that it is a privilege, not a right, to hold office as a police officer. Officers are servants of the public.

Let them know that you and the city will give them the tools to do their jobs and back them up in the job they do, as long as they act within the law.

Those actions alone, and following through with them, will bring about a level of Trust within the community toward the police department that is worthy of Sanford.

Again, Congratulations.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#50388 Jan 29, 2013
do unto others wrote:
As for why didn't Martin just go on to the dad's gf's house? In spite of his size, he had just turned 17. He was still a child, becoming a man. At that age, boys still get scared, but that macho crap steps in and they think they're invincible.(Which is why auto insurance is crazy until age 25.)
He was scared, but he wouldn't run, he'd walk fast. That didn't work to get rid of the guy following him, so he did run. After running to the other side of the houses, since Zimmerman says he lost sight of him, it also makes sense that Martin lost sight of Zimmerman. As he had done nothing wrong, for someone to be harrassing him, he likely figured, the guy following him, gave up. So there was no need to keep running. He was talking to his gf, and likely wanted to finish the call before he arrived back at the house with a noisy kid and basketball game.
Very good posts. The whole series.

Location hidden

#50391 Jan 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the stalking law and you will see it does not apply. Listen to the tapes, read police reports, autopsy reports, witness statements. All reports indicate that the person assaulted was Zimmerman. Reports also back up Zimmermans statement. Pure case of self defense no matter what the color. Zimmerman will soon be cleared of all charges. Justice will be served a second time.
Zimmerthugman is not charged with stalking.

He is charged with murder, murder of an unarmed child.

If it is as clear cut as you say, why does the defense team keep postponing it, for well over a year?

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#50392 Jan 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman was a self appointed watch captain bordering on vigilantism.
One thing he shouldn't have done was escalate the situation. And he did that on his own.
Oh, absolutely. I'm just trying to see both sides. I can understand how Zimmerman would want to do it all on his own and be the hero the cops couldn't be.
He just picked the wrong kid, an innocent kid, to take his frustrations out on. If Martin had been a true thug, punk, criminal, whatever, Zimmerman would have been the one in the morgue unless he was was already brandishing.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#50393 Jan 29, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, absolutely. I'm just trying to see both sides. I can understand how Zimmerman would want to do it all on his own and be the hero the cops couldn't be.
He just picked the wrong kid, an innocent kid, to take his frustrations out on. If Martin had been a true thug, punk, criminal, whatever, Zimmerman would have been the one in the morgue unless he was was already brandishing.
Are you saying that this little boy could have killed big bad Zim with his bare hands????

Kind of blows the theory that he was a poor little child..........LOL

Location hidden

#50394 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when it comes to proving moron/liberals wrong..........LOL
You have never proven anything. You can't even prove you have sense enough to wipe your own ass.

United States

#50395 Jan 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with your theory as to the cause of Zimmerthugman's actions. Zimmerthugman had called 911 and cops were on the way. He was told not to follow Trayvon. NW rules state to never approach a suspect. Police tell them at every NW meeting to NEVER approach a suspect. All NW is supposed to do is call 911 and report any suspicious person.
Zimmerthugman should have stayed in his vehicle. He didn't, his Napoleon complex was too great.
The rest of your theory is very likely what happened. Zimmerthugman didn't identify himself to Trayvon.
Just trying to stay on middle ground for those that think Zimmerman should get a medal.
There's no doubt in my mind that Zimmerman wanted to be a hero. If Martin lived to tell about the confrontation (perhaps Zimmerman brandishing his weapon), Zimmerman knew he would be going to jail.
Is that what you were talking about?

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50396 Jan 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never proven anything. You can't even prove you have sense enough to wipe your own ass.
Really troll..........LOL

I have proven that none of you can post any facts or evidence that shows Zim broke any law when he shot the 215 suspect..........ROTFLMAO

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50397 Jan 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerthugman is not charged with stalking.
He is charged with murder, murder of an unarmed child.
If it is as clear cut as you say, why does the defense team keep postponing it, for well over a year?
Please post the law that says you cant shoot someone that is on top of you beating you.........LOL

United States

#50398 Jan 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good posts. The whole series.
Thank you. I've noticed the Zimmerman supporters don't have much to say about them though. Maybe they've decided to look at the case with an open mind, and now it makes more sense to them?

United States

#50399 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that this little boy could have killed big bad Zim with his bare hands????
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Although if he had to, he may have been able to. What I was saying is if Martin were all those things, he would have been armed as well.

Truth's Door

#50400 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that this little boy could have killed big bad Zim with his bare hands????

You know damn well that's not what she said.

You conveniently overlooked the word "if".

Don't you worry one bit, we're on to you.
My Clean PC

Kansas City, MO

#50401 Jan 29, 2013
A case of mistaken identity!

Man wrongly charged in Texas community college shooting released.

"Carlton Berry, 22, was charged in the January 22ND shooting at Lone Star College near Houston. He was released due to a faulty identification by a witness."

"Police later charged Trey Foster, 22, with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest."

http://ronenews92fm.files.wordpress.com/2013/...

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50402 Jan 29, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Although if he had to, he may have been able to. What I was saying is if Martin were all those things, he would have been armed as well.
100% of black thugs are not armed.........many are too stupid to seal or buy a weapon.......

Botom line is that the evidence shows Zim was on his back and the perp never was..........

Zim was hit at least three times in the face and the perp was not......

The perp was shot at point black range when Zim was on his back.......

No law against shooting someone that is beating you........

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50403 Jan 29, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
You know damn well that's not what she said.
You conveniently overlooked the word "if".
Don't you worry one bit, we're on to you.
I said could have..........ROTFLMAO

Truth's Door

#50404 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>I said could have..........ROTFLMAO
No need for even that. The word "if" was still there.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50405 Jan 29, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for even that. The word "if" was still there.
Yes proven wrong again..........LOL

So why cant you post the facts that show that everyone that owns a assault weapon is crazy???

I will then post my links for you......

Remember no assault weapon ever killed anyone..........Waiting....... ...LOL
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#50406 Jan 29, 2013
Trayvon was defending himself from a stalker who was harassing him...Then Zim murdered Trayvon....Sad..

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#50407 Jan 29, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Trayvon was defending himself from a stalker who was harassing him...Then Zim murdered Trayvon....Sad..
No law against following, chasing, running after a 215 suspect......
No law against shooting someone that is beating you.....
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#50408 Jan 29, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No law against following, chasing, running after a 215 suspect......
No law against shooting someone that is beating you.....
INNOSENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY MORON....Trayvon was breaking no law not one....ZIM WAS THOUGH...CALLED STALKING AND HARASSING WITH INTENT TO HARM..........If Trayvon ahd been named Tonya nd white Zim never would have followed him......RACISM CLEAR....NO ALW AGAINT DEFENDING ONES SELF FROM A STALKER..........

Now take your nazi kkk crap and leave moron..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin (May '13) 6 hr blownaway 15
Internet, zoning make adult bookstores endanger... 14 hr taroB 1
Lauren Ritchie says School board should be more... 22 hr for the children 3
George Zimmerman Is A Real American Hero (Apr '12) Dec 19 cobalt904 245
High Quality Oral Surgery from Orange City Surg... (Jan '14) Dec 17 Celine 2
Escaped convict in Seminole County is dangerous (May '09) Dec 16 Anonymous 104
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) Dec 16 kracah 220
Sanford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web