Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 20 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#48813 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
please try not to call names.. a hate filled idiot is not a very nice thing to say
What name do you prefer, besides stats?

You know, because you haven't given us any stats.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48814 Jan 18, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks are not the only ones who commit crimes.
Here is what you say...
"every single day reports flood into the news with crimes committed by black people. its disgusting."
You zeroed in on a certain race, feeding into the hatefulness of the likes of madmaxx7 (aka cooch, et at) and others. Crime is crime, no matter who commits it. I'm sure there are reports of crime committed by other races that are disgusting too. But you failed to mention that. Maybe you don't find it disgusting.
Reports of crime is dominated by people of all races. AND your original post did not speak of the area of south Florida.
That speaks of your hate. I threw in "idiot" because it is my personal belief that those who hate based upon race are idiots.
Let me know if you have any other questions. People question stats all the time, so don't feel bad.
You know what I'm saying, stats?
yeah.. no shit blacks are not the only ones committing crimes.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48815 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be...
HELL NO!!!!!!
I will admit that blacks are arrested and convicted more than Whites for crimes.
Stats, don't be confused. Don't manipulate yourself.
well now we finally get to the root of your major malfunction. you believe there is a total injustice of the judicial system among criminals.. oh ok.. you continue to be truthful and free.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48816 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
What name do you prefer, besides stats?
You know, because you haven't given us any stats.
do your own homework. the real question is can you accept the truth.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48817 Jan 18, 2013
of course all people from all walks of life will commit crimes, yes look at the percentage of most mass killings. its pretty much always a crazy white guy.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48818 Jan 18, 2013
why is Chicago at the highest murder rate and mostly all black. because of the violent element of their environment
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48819 Jan 18, 2013
i guess your ok with black on black crime?
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48820 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be...
HELL NO!!!!!!
I will admit that blacks are arrested and convicted more than Whites for crimes.
Stats, don't be confused. Don't manipulate yourself.
why are blacks arrested and convicted more than whites for crimes?? i would like to hear a fact please .. not a bias opinion

Truth's Door

#48823 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
<quoted text>your darn right i zeroed in on a specific race. that specific race are the ones committing the majority of violent and non violent crimes in south Florida. i think you are having a difficult time accepting that fact. i believe in treating everyone with respect. i dont look downo on nor belittle anyone because of their race gender sexual orientation or religion. i am not filled with hate
Your original post did not mention south Florida. It was open-ended.

And, since you're in the habit of "treating everyone with respect" and believe that a Black man "needs to be looked out a little closer," then please tell me what are we to do with the White man? Should he be "looked out a little closer" too since they're the ones committing most mass murders?

Or should just Black men be profiled?

You hit upon something that ought to cause American society to examine itself....

Why is it that if it's ok to profile or stereotype based on race because of the crime that's committed, why can we not profile White men for the crime they commit?

What makes him special?

Is your "respect" limited?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#48824 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
why is Chicago at the highest murder rate and mostly all black. because of the violent element of their environment
That and the fact the city is in a state that is totally anti-gun.

Truth's Door

#48826 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
<quoted text>yeah.. no shit blacks are not the only ones committing crimes.
Tell it to madmaxx7.

Right now, you're preaching to the choir.

Truth's Door

#48827 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
<quoted text>well now we finally get to the root of your major malfunction. you believe there is a total injustice of the judicial system among criminals.. oh ok.. you continue to be truthful and free.
Your point isn't worded correctly, but I know what you mean.

The federal government acknowledges that there are disparities in the criminal justice system too.

That includes conservatives too.

Stats, you should examine yourself.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48829 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Your original post did not mention south Florida. It was open-ended.
And, since you're in the habit of "treating everyone with respect" and believe that a Black man "needs to be looked out a little closer," then please tell me what are we to do with the White man? Should he be "looked out a little closer" too since they're the ones committing most mass murders?
Or should just Black men be profiled?
You hit upon something that ought to cause American society to examine itself....
Why is it that if it's ok to profile or stereotype based on race because of the crime that's committed, why can we not profile White men for the crime they commit?
What makes him special?
Is your "respect" limited?
so if a sexual predator lives in the area where little kids are being molested are we going to overlook the obvious.. i would like to focus on the problem..

Truth's Door

#48830 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
<quoted text>do your own homework. the real question is can you accept the truth.
Oh stats, oh stats....

I walk with Truth. I embrace Truth. I love Truth.

I discern that this conversation is taking a turn for you. You're getting a bit on edge.

Do not fret. Don't let your heart be troubled. Things will be better when the Sun shines its brightest.

The Sun I speak of is not the one you see with your naked eye.

LISTEN UP, stats...

I'm NOT interested in you providing me stats. And I never want anyone doing any research for me. I've got all the tools I need to conduct a very careful, and even analytical, research.

I only mention you not providing stats because you have ZERO to back up what you say. Anyone can talk the talk. But not everyone can back it up.

If you give yourself a name like "stats" then one would think that stats would be flowing from you.

Now, look at my name. See what I mean?

Truth's Door

#48831 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
i guess your ok with black on black crime?
You ok with mass murderers?
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48832 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Your point isn't worded correctly, but I know what you mean.
The federal government acknowledges that there are disparities in the criminal justice system too.
That includes conservatives too.
Stats, you should examine yourself.
and why should examine myself. i think the civil rights leaders need to examine their agenda and try to help fix the problem rather than always playing the race card..

why should i examine myself. do i not stay up to date with current events in my community.. every single day blacks robbing raping beating people.. breaking into homes, robbing armored trucks,, holding employees at gunpoint in restaurants and cell phone shops, chains being snatched,, the drug dealing ... and of course dont forget the black on black crime...
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48833 Jan 18, 2013
oh yes and the unprotected sex which only increases the welfare rate along with the passing of many deadly diseases, mainly HIV
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48834 Jan 18, 2013
i dont recall hearing about whites in the masses on a daily bases going out and committing crimes.. please why dont you back up your claims... the minute i produce stats i can almost guarantee that you will discredit it with a social injustice or some non factual argument..

Truth's Door

#48836 Jan 18, 2013
stats wrote:
<quoted text>why are blacks arrested and convicted more than whites for crimes?? i would like to hear a fact please .. not a bias opinion
That's easy.

Because of disparities in the criminal justice system.

Even the federal government recognizes this. Only someone with their head stuck in the sand cannot comprehend that.

One example...
The Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (JJDPA), as amended in 1992, acknowledges that youth of different races are treated differently in the criminal justice system.

Those inequalities and disparities are addressed through policy. This is but one example of the government recognizing that Blacks are arrested and convicted disproportionately.

Almost forgot...the Republican Congress reauthorized the JJDPA in 2003.
stats

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#48835 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
You ok with mass murderers?
a question answered with a question . how typical... NO i am not ok with mass murders

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) May 1 thoughtshardblessing 235
News George Zimmerman compares himself to Anne Frank... May 1 Sheriff Joe 529 7
D'Jordan Brooks Apr 30 fakeass 1
News Tony Gonsoulin pleads no contest to murdering h... (Mar '09) Apr 11 heather d 23
News Shaq to roast Justin Bieber Apr '15 stewart scott 5
News Zimmerman: A person in his circumstances can't ... Mar '15 T-Fal 1
News The Riot Ideology in Ferguson Mar '15 Lucky 1
More from around the web

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]