Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
36,481 - 36,500 of 66,017 Comments Last updated Yesterday
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#45277 Dec 26, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When he carried the gun as the "security guy," he broke the rules. When he discharged his weapon, he broke the rule.
The kiling of Martin may just bankrupt the HOA and homeowners.
How so? Zim was not getting paid to be a block watch guy. We have multiple neighborhoods where I live that have block watches, and the city nor the citizens are responsible for the conduct of those who participate. It's voluntary.

The CCW laws in Florida are more lenient than those here in Ohio, and as a landlord, I'm not allowed to forbid any of my tenants from owning firearms or carrying them inside or outside their apartment. I'm sure the laws in Florida are about the same. So the manager of the complex cannot legally stop Zimmerman from carrying his weapon whether he's watching the streets or going to the store. Management has no authority to say so.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#45278 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
It means you are a liar when you claim Zimmerthugman's head was bashed in.
Zimmerman had no head trauma. His head was normal and without injuries.
Of course, the medical report doesn't stop your lies. Nothing stops your lies.
Wonder what you would be saying if Zimmerthugman were black.
The same thing I would be saying now. I'm white, Zimmerman is Hispanic. There is no solidarity here.

You don't need "head trauma" to make the point Zim was attacked and brutally beaten. If I'm attacked and my head is being smashed into concrete while being beaten in the face, and then having my attacker trying to disarm me, I'm not going to judge the severity of my injuries before I take action. I'm going to defend myself before the attacker gets my gun and finishes me off. I'm going to kill my attacker if possible before he kills me.
hildebeast

France

#45280 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I must congratulate you, you follow all of your rules perfectly.
lol...You can't respond to any of my posts without following those rules....lol...haha.

You're a race baiter.
hildebeast

France

#45282 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Had he had enough sense to stay in his vehicle, obey NW rules, obey LE rules, listen to the dispatcher's admonition, he would have had no need to "protect himself (read: MURDEN TRAYVON)
Zimmerman broke no laws.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#45284 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so dense nothing can be explained to you.
That's because you have no explanation.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45285 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>
The jury might be able to consider a lesser charge if the prosecution includes a lesser charge of manslaughter for example. But even that will become irrelevant when the evidence is finally presented at trial. The state will have to have an all black jury to hope for a conviction, but O'Mara wont let that happen, but you know the racists are going to insist on an all black jury.
A jury comprised of 6 blacks and 3 Hispanics and 3 whites will not be able to come to a conclusion and reach a verdict.
Zim will walk regardless...there will be more riots...there will be more blood...even as Crump and his phony witness are being exposed. just like the others who conspired against George Zimmerman after the shooting. It will all see the light of day in the courtroom.
lol! Son, Zimmerman even conspired against himself!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45286 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...still irrelevant, if that turns out to be the case blacks will be lucky if they get three jurors. you haven't got a prayer. give up your racist crusade before you end up making an even bigger fool out of yourself.
Everyone knows Martin was going to murder Zimmerman. just like everyone knows OJ murdered Nicole and Ron. the only thing that will circumvent justice will an all black racist jury. good luck with that.
lol! What you believe and what's factually clearly are two different cases son!

But you certainly do appreciate having your stupidity thrown in there for good measure!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#45287 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Had he had enough sense to stay in his vehicle, obey NW rules, obey LE rules, listen to the dispatcher's admonition, he would have had no need to "protect himself (read: MURDEN TRAYVON)
Where did he not listen to law enforcement or the dispatcher? You guys on the left say that Martin had every right to be wherever he wanted to be in that development, but Zim didn't have the right to do the same. Martin was running through the yards to the point he stopped and waited for Zim, but Zim should have stayed in his car so Martin had no opportunity to attack him. Kind of hypocritical--don't you think?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45289 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go Racebaiter, another perfect example of Racebaiters playbook # 2). Make irrelevant comparisons / Distract....lol....not to mention a whole slew of others too....hahaha.
I never said I knew there was an all black jury that decided a murder case, maybe there was, I don't know, but I wont lie about it.
What i said was...."in essence"....an all black jury will be the only way Zimmerman will be convicted, bank on it.
lol! You sure do know your rules for race baiting son! Must be all those years of practice you have under your belt!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45290 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...so you also want to see George Zimmerman get raped in prison as the other poster suggested huh?....that speaks volumes as to the content of your character.
It's so odd how rape bothers you but murder doesn't it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45291 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
hildebeast proudly presents :
Racebaiters playbook: 5TH Revision.
1). Deflect / Change the subject
2). Make irrelevant comparisons / Distract
3). Insult / Disrespect
4). Humiliate / Name calling
5). Bully / Intimidate
6). Divide / Drive a wedge
7). Play race card / Demonize the rich
8). Personalize the subject / Defame
9). Act stupid / Maintain
10). Lie / Make up stories
11). Insinuate / Deny
12). Use semantics / Confuse
13). Have posts removed / Send on wild goose chase
14). Launch tirade / Harangue
15). Libel / Slander
16). Use alternates / Sock puppets
17). Wont post links / Wont check links
18). Wont offer proof / Wont accept proof
19). Point out spelling errors / Grammar
20). Never admit being wrong / Donít budge an inch
lol! As the author, you should be proud son!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#45292 Dec 26, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>No. The judge can't make up charges either. Where do you get this stuff from?

Here is the link one more time:

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instr... #

Once again, on the left, select item number 7--Homicide.

Now in the homicide page, click 7.1--Introduction to homicide.

Here is what it says:

Murder in the First Degree includes the lesser crimes of Murder in the Second Degree, Murder in the Third Degree, and Manslaughter, all of which are unlawful.

A killing that is excusable or was committed by the use of justifiable deadly force is lawful.

If you find (victim) was killed by (defendant), you will then consider the circumstances surrounding the killing in deciding if the killing was (crime charged) or was [Murder in the Second Degree][Murder in the Third Degree][Manslaughter], or whether the killing was excusable or resulted from justifiable use of deadly force.

I understand the confusion because this is the first time I've seen a state do it this way. It's unusual. Normally, they list all the charges separately and the jury decides guilty or not guilty on each charge.

This site is not a blog, not a newspaper editorial, not a bias opinion. This is the Instructions on a murder case (whatever degree) in the state of Florida.
At least you've gone to the source and found the rules of instructions for Florida juries for criminal cases, unlike the all-knowing one.

I never said the judge can "make up charges." Of course a judge cannot "make up charges"! He must list the charges contained in the Schedule of Lesser Included Offenses.

What you fail to understand is the lesser charges are NOT "automatically" included with the original charge.

The lesser charges are included in a Schedule of Lesser Included Offenses, within one of two categories...Category One and Category Two.

The charges must be listed in the judge's instructions to the jury.

If you look at the list of Lesser Included Offenses for Murder-Second Degree, you will see that it includes 11 combined charges from both categories. But, obviously, all of those offenses aren't applicable. So the judge would not include them in the jury instructions.

Another reason that the charges are not "automatic" is because there are exceptions, some of which would become known to the judge only during trial.

Please read...
http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instr...

Truth's Door

#45293 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you wish anyone a merry christmas too?....lol.

#1). Deflect / Change the subject

#16). Use alternates / Sock puppets
I certainly did.

Truth's Door

#45295 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>Talking to yourself again?

#16). Use alternates / Sock puppets....lol.

Hell of a deflection Racebaiter, i commend you.

lol...you're to predictable Racebaiter, you easily fit right into the box.
Who was I talking to?

Rosie is a real person, you know that, BuffaLie.

Truth's Door

#45296 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>I think she wants to bite her. Love bites.
She'd best be careful.

Truth's Door

#45297 Dec 26, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>How so? Zim was not getting paid to be a block watch guy. We have multiple neighborhoods where I live that have block watches, and the city nor the citizens are responsible for the conduct of those who participate. It's voluntary.
I guess that's why the HOA will be sued.

They are the ones who organized this voluntary one-man, woman-beating, drug-induced, Thug security detail, right?

At least that's what their newsletter said.
hildebeast

France

#45298 Dec 26, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! As the author, you should be proud son!
I'm proud to be able to help expose you jackals in your attempt to railroad an innocent man, you're not fooling anyone except those who are just as racist as you are.

Truth's Door

#45299 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Had he had enough sense to stay in his vehicle, obey NW rules, obey LE rules, listen to the dispatcher's admonition, he would have had no need to "protect himself (read: MURDEN TRAYVON)
That's crazy talk!

That just makes TOO much sense!

Thug Zimmerman doesn't have that much sense!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45300 Dec 26, 2012
hildebeast wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman broke no laws.
... until he discharged his weapon.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#45301 Dec 26, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He reads but can't comprehend.
I think he simply skips over what he doesn't like so as to claim ignorance... which isn't hard for him to do!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida Supreme Court disciplines 24 attorneys 21 hr mad michelle 4
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 22 hr Sur 13 Beat 2,959
HUGE DELTONA YARD SALE - Quality items no crap ... Thu LauberLand 1
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Thu Jipped 545
Who is stealing copper wire from vacent homes ? Thu gone blind 2
Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Thu Liberal forever 2,121
Perfectly Convert Panasonic VRO to Sony Vegas ... Wed Micheal Fu 1
•••
•••
Sanford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sanford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••