Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,198

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Colima, Mexico

#44903 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman slipped and fell. Or ran into a tree.

Injuries still consistent.

Sorry son. So far, your guessing isn't working much.
The injuries to the back of his head showed more than three blows

That does not happen falling or running into a tree

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#44904 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Zim and the punk were there but only one can now tell us what happened

Are you so stupid you think it is a crime to ask someone what they are doing???

Do you also think it is a crime to follow a suspect??

And follow a suspect talking to 911????

Get a grip..........LOL
The only crime that occurred was murder.

Keep up

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44905 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Slipped and fell.
The cuts on the back of his head took more than three strikes

That does not happen when you fall

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44906 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, it's your type of thinking that gets people into trouble. That's a fact.

You're just too stupid to know it....

"Texas ‘stand your ground’ shooter headed to prison
By Jason Sickles, Yahoo!| The Lookout – Wed, Jun 27, 2012

Email
Tweet
Print

A Texas man convicted of shooting and killing his unarmed neighbor during a dispute over loud music received a 40-year prison sentence on Wednesday.

Raul Rodriguez, 47, faced a minimum of five years and a maximum of life in prison. He claimed he shot schoolteacher Kelly Danaher in self-defense under Texas' version of the "stand your ground" law.

But prosecutors argued Rodriguez provoked the incident by confronting Danaher, 36, and his friends with a handgun and demanding they quiet down at a late-night birthday party in May 2010.

The Houston case captured more attention in the wake of Trayvon Martin's death in Florida. There, George Zimmerman says he was being attacked and cited the state's "stand your ground" law after shooting the unarmed teen. But prosecutors charged him with second-degree murder.

Two dozen states reportedly now allow citizens to stand their ground even outside their home. The specifics vary by state, but generally justify a person not retreating and using deadly force when a threat is perceived.

As in Florida, Texas law includes public areas, "if a person has a right to be present at a location where force is used."

But veteran attorney Andy Drumheller told Yahoo News that the Houston jury appeared to draw a line with Rodriguez leaving his home and going down the street.

"The law is not designed to create this bubble that you can carry with you everywhere you go," said Drumheller, a former prosecutor now practicing criminal defense in Houston. "The jury's verdict is a cautionary statement on the limits of this defense."

The Rodriguez case is also unique because the former firefighter was recording video during much of the ordeal.

Rodriguez, who had been calling police about the loud party, dialed 911 again as both sides shouted at each other near Danaher's dark driveway.

"Tell you what, pal, you just pulled a gun on the wrong [expletive], OK?" one of the partygoers is heard telling Rodriguez on the home video.

Seconds later the partygoer warns, "When I go in that house and I come back, don't think I won't be equal to you, baby."

Rodriguez, who told police he suspected the men were drunk, tells the 911 operator that he's scared and will defend himself, if needed.

"I don't want to do this, and it all started over them playing their music real loud … it's about to get out of hand, Sir. Please help me. "

Seconds later, he says, "I'm standing my ground here, now these people are going to try and kill me."

The video is dark when Danaher and two other men apparently lunged toward him, laughing loudly. Rodriguez fired his gun, killing Danaher and injuring two others.

In lobbying jurors for a lenient sentence, defense attorney Bill Stradley blamed the tragedy on his client's misunderstanding of the state's "stand your ground" law. Something he predicts will happen with other Texas gun owners in the future.

"And they will find themselves, like Raul Rodriguez, charged with murder," said Stradley, according to the Houston Chronicle...."
He shot someone in the back that was running away

Big difference unless you are a liberal
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44907 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.........
That guy shot someone in the back running away
Big difference
lol! Son, you're so into lying you really can't tell the truth anymore, can you?

"...Prosecutors called Rodriguez the aggressor and said he could have walked away from the confrontation safely before the shooting. Rodriguez's attorneys argued he was defending himself when one of the men lunged at him and he had less than two seconds to respond...."

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44908 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! If that's the advice your attorney gave you, I suggest you change attorney's son!
Ya might want to read the law

A jury can't make up new charges

Most murder cases there are many charges so at least one will stick
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44909 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The injuries to the back of his head showed more than three blows
That does not happen falling or running into a tree
lol! How would you know son?

Not even his doctor does.

Amazing what you can make up when you're so deperate!

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44910 Dec 25, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Thug Zimmerman did NOT tell the 911 operator that he identified himself to Trayvon.

No matter how you slice and dice it, you cannot get around that. EVER.
Listen to the tapes

Not the altered NBC version
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44911 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
He shot someone in the back that was running away
Big difference unless you are a liberal
lol! Son, there wouldn't be a need for a trial if that were the case.

Why do you insist on proving your stupidity?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44912 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya might want to read the law
A jury can't make up new charges
Most murder cases there are many charges so at least one will stick
Why don't you show me the law you're referring to son?

After all, you're the one who keeps making these things up as you go along.

Truth's Door

#44913 Dec 25, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>I see that K-Mart crystal ball is working overtime for you. I disagree. This is all politics and was from the start. It's part of the Obama division his minions came up with. Seemed to have worked to.
It is you who has the crystal ball.

So, the Obama "minions" had gun-toting, drug-induced, woman-beating, Liar Thug Zimmerman sitting in his truck with a loaded gun on the night of February 26th?

They then had him profile and stalk a child who was minding his own business?

They then had him murder the child?

They then had an inept and incompetent police department do a corrupt investigation?

They then had an immoral State Attorney refuse to press charges?

They then had Thug Zimmerman to mislead the court and remain silent while his wife lie to the court?

They then had Thug Zimmerman pay off all his outstanding bills with blood money he begged for to use to defend himself?

Who are these puppet-master minions? We sure could have used them during Shrub II's presidency!

Truth's Door

#44914 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us how someone that attacks another person is a victim???
Right, Thug Zimmerman is not a victim.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44915 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Son, there wouldn't be a need for a trial if that were the case.

Why do you insist on proving your stupidity?
Really

What are you talking about???

No trial???

The guy shot someone in the back at a distance

One of the hardest justifiable homicide defense is shooting someone from a distance that did not have a gun

But as soon as someone punches you or try's to punch you the deadly force against a unarmed attacker has been ruled justifiable many times

Truth's Door

#44916 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>What facts???

We have the 911 tape and two witnesses plus physical evidence

Zim has injuries that are consistent to the attack he described

The gun was point blank range when fired

The witness heard the shot when they were on the ground

Zim had every right in the world to ask the punk questions and to follow him

The punk had zero right to be in the private property

The punk good have went home but made a fatal mistake and attacked Zim
You have no witness that says Trayvon initiated an attack on Thug Zimmerman. NONE.

Thug Zimmerman has injuries consistent with being defended against from someone who feared for his life.

Thug Zimmerman did, indeed, kill the kid with a shot heard by many and caught on 911.

The Thug can ask anything he wants (including for clean sheets and a razor).

Trayvon had every right to be where he was, YES!

Thug Zimmerman should have listened to 911 but made a fatal mistake and killed the child...murdered the child according to me and the state of Florida.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44917 Dec 25, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you show me the law you're referring to son?

After all, you're the one who keeps making these things up as you go along.
Use of deadly force in layman's language
Note it many times is decided by a court
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

It is done in the jury instructions
The list of charges they can or can not find the suspect guilty of

It is called pattern jury instructions

Some case if the defense attorney asks for it a judge can tell a jury they can chose a lesser charge
But both sides must agree

This might show it

https://www.google.com/search...

Truth's Door

#44918 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Correct

A jury can only find a person guilty or not guilty of the charges he was charged of
The blind following the blind.

You, too, are unfamiliar with the laws of the state of Florida and criminal procedures in the state of Florida.

It is best to keep your mouth closed on matters you know nothing about.

It's Christmas.

If you leave it there, I won't continue to ridicule you on your ignorance of Florida law and criminal procedures.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44919 Dec 25, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Right, Thug Zimmerman is not a victim.
The black punk had injuries to his knuckles from striking something

Zim did not

Zim had multiple strikes to the back of his head from something like the edge of the concrete

That in itself proves the dead punk was the attacker

Truth's Door

#44920 Dec 25, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Hey the Stand Your Ground ALEC crowd and the NRA want vigilantes to guard our schools. I can't imagine anything wrong with that.(Eyes rolled.)

All the little kids wearing hoodies are DOA.

African American kids wearing hoodies won't make it past the sidewalk of the school entrance.

The NRA says all we need are some volunteers to secure our schools, just like the kind of kook that gunned down unarmed Trayvon Martin.
God help us!

God help us all!

Truth's Door

#44921 Dec 25, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Only 5% of the NRA are hunters!!

The rest are paranoid schizophrenics with little pricks addicted to the rush of holding a powerful tool.
Wow! I thought only .000001% of them were hunters.

Truth's Door

#44922 Dec 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Now law against following someone

The punk entered private property

The punk attacked and no he is dead

If more people did the same these punks would think twice
C'mon man.

I done told you it's Christmas.

Stop talking about killing people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 5 hr VET 2,146
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 13 hr Liberal forever 2,989
Carlton Palms Abuse Article Is Very Good (Nov '12) 20 hr Tweety22 19
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 21 hr Jeremy 570
Heroin (May '13) Tue nodsquad 7
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Sep 29 Liberal forever 2,526
America full of racists idiots (Jul '13) Sep 29 neveratfault 62
Sanford Dating
Find my Match

Sanford Jobs

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sanford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sanford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]