Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66312 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44681 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No. He profiled him....
Zimmerman:
We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.
This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about.[00:25]
Yes but there is no mention of race in the conversation until the dispatcher prompted him. It's still not a racist comment, only a proper description of the suspect which is normal.
Tamara

London, UK

#44682 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Wow. That's nice. He must enjoy wearing the required braclet!
You should put one on too!
I would gladly put one on because I'd know that I would be vindicated when all is said and done. If I defended myself against a murderer and prevailed like George Zimmerman did, and then had to defend myself again in the face of a vicious media onslaught, and a violent lynch mob, and a $10,000 bounty on his head I'd just consider the bracelet a necessary but annoying part of the process.

Zimmy will be rich when this thing is over. He can live wherever he wishes to live. Trybon lives in a jar,.....and can only go where his handlers take him.

Merry Christmas.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44683 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He instigated the events. Zimmerman left his vehicle with a loaded weapon to stalk Martin.
The claim of gun concealment is only Zimmerman's. That's still not a fact, just a claim you choose to take as such.
If you have medical evidence the press doesn't have, please share it.
As I said, I very interested in the forensic evidence.
If the gun was in open view, Martin would not have waited around for him to swing by. He would have ran home. He would have called police to report it. He didn't live very far from the point of confrontation. He could have easily made it home before Zimmerman got off the phone with police.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44685 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but there is no mention of race in the conversation until the dispatcher prompted him. It's still not a racist comment, only a proper description of the suspect which is normal.
Doesn't matter. Besides.....

"911 dispatcher:

He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44686 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You can play the race card all you want.

I simply said Trayvon was profiled.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44687 Dec 24, 2012
Tamara wrote:
<quoted text>
I would gladly put one on because I'd know that I would be vindicated when all is said and done. If I defended myself against a murderer and prevailed like George Zimmerman did, and then had to defend myself again in the face of a vicious media onslaught, and a violent lynch mob, and a $10,000 bounty on his head I'd just consider the bracelet a necessary but annoying part of the process.
Zimmy will be rich when this thing is over. He can live wherever he wishes to live. Trybon lives in a jar,.....and can only go where his handlers take him.
Merry Christmas.
And "Zimmy" still isn't free son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44688 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gun was in open view, Martin would not have waited around for him to swing by. He would have ran home. He would have called police to report it. He didn't live very far from the point of confrontation. He could have easily made it home before Zimmerman got off the phone with police.
Again, you make the assumption Martin could have made it home. And even if he did, whose to say Zimmerman wasn't the killer that he's proven to be?

You speculate on anything that works in your favors.

You should trying using the facts for a change. After all, that's the way the system is supposed to work.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44689 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You can play the race card all you want.
I simply said Trayvon was profiled.
Yes he was profiled but not because of race. It's because Zimmerman never seen him in the complex before and few young guys walk around there in a hoodie. Guys who wear those hoodies are always suspicious. Many of our stores where I live don't permit them. If somebody walks in with a hoodie, the store clerk instructs them to remove it immediately. If they don't, they call the police.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#44690 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was profiled but not because of race. It's because Zimmerman never seen him in the complex before and few young guys walk around there in a hoodie. Guys who wear those hoodies are always suspicious. Many of our stores where I live don't permit them. If somebody walks in with a hoodie, the store clerk instructs them to remove it immediately. If they don't, they call the police.
As I said a while back here, you people should be going after Bill Billichek.

Besides, what rules did not permit hoodies in that complex? Personally, I think it's part of the profiling.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#44692 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>As I said a while back here, you people should be going after Bill Billichek.
Besides, what rules did not permit hoodies in that complex? Personally, I think it's part of the profiling.
There are no rules against hoodies but that doesn't mean somebody isn't suspect for wearing one. Young guys wear hoodies for one reason and one reason only: they cover your face. Now given the string of house robberies they've had there, it's reasonable to assume that somebody walking around that doesn't fit the normal attire in that neighborhood who you've never seen before is suspicious. When in Rome, do as the Romans.

The reason our stores don't allow hoodies is because they are used in almost every armed robbery here. In fact, a clerk was killed very near my home by a hooded robber. It's just the smart thing to do profile or not. If Zimmerman didn't consider him suspicious, then he wouldn't be much of a black watch guy.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#44693 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>That's another point. If Zim had intent on murdering somebody, he sure as hell wouldn't have called police in the first place. That's why I think they went with the murder charge; so it will be thrown out of court. They had a slim chance at manslaughter, but they didn't go with that.
You're showing your ignorance of the law in the state of Florida.

Thug Zimmerman can still be convicted of manslaughter. There's more than a "slim chance" of that happening. A quick perusal of Florida law will point that out to you.

I know, I know...y'all think that Republican-appointed Special Prosecutor Angela Corey overreached in charging the Thug, so the Thug should be set free. HA!

Not so fast. The jury will be able to consider lesser charges as well as the murder charge...as per FLorida law.

And to your kind, it doesn't matter what charge Corey leveled against the Thug. You would still be just as adamant about Thug Zimmerman's so-called innocence...

All because he shot a Black child.

We know.

Truth's Door

#44694 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Ha? What? Do you think I'm funny? Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I muse you or something?
You're funny alright.
Tamara

London, UK

#44695 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And "Zimmy" still isn't free son.
Oh but he will be son, trust me, you're on the losing side.

Truth's Door

#44696 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>How would he stalk somebody that wasn't there? Zimmerman stopped chasing Martin at least a minute or so before he hung up with 911. Again, the jury or judge will have to ask themselves why Martin stopped and hid behind that house instead of returning home. They can't claim it was out of fear. If Martin feared Zimmerman, he would have called 911 and they would have explained what was going on. Because he didn't do the right thing, it cost him his life.

Ghetto trash don't like being dissed. The motive here is clearly revenge. Later on, Martin probably felt like a pssy in front of his girlfriend on the phone when he ran. He attacked Zimmerman out of self-respect and so he could brag to his girlfriend how he beat the hell out of Zimmerman or killed him.
What a silly take on what happened. That is your view of what happened.

Tell me which version of Thug Zimmerman's you're going with.

His lies don't match up. Also, tell us when Thug Zimmerman will ask for a "Stand Your Ground" hearing. That will certainly clear things up for him and he'll be reimbursed for defending himself.

He can pay his security bills that he refuses to pay and stop begging for money. Matter of fact, tell that leech on society to be a man and get a job and stop eating high on the hog fattening himself up.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#44697 Dec 24, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>If the gun was in open view, Martin would not have waited around for him to swing by. He would have ran home. He would have called police to report it. He didn't live very far from the point of confrontation. He could have easily made it home before Zimmerman got off the phone with police.
Do they really think the black perp was stupid enough to attack some he knew was carrying a loaded weapon when he had the chance to run home????

Why do liberals always think everyone is as stupid as they are?????

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#44698 Dec 24, 2012
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>What a silly take on what happened. That is your view of what happened.

Tell me which version of Thug Zimmerman's you're going with.

His lies don't match up. Also, tell us when Thug Zimmerman will ask for a "Stand Your Ground" hearing. That will certainly clear things up for him and he'll be reimbursed for defending himself.

He can pay his security bills that he refuses to pay and stop begging for money. Matter of fact, tell that leech on society to be a man and get a job and stop eating high on the hog fattening himself up.
The 911 tape clearly shows that

From the change in breathing to the rustling from the rapid movement

Truth's Door

#44699 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>The 911 shows he did..........LOL

Zim was attacked by a punk and defended himself

The law says you only need to fear for your life or injury to use deadly force

I would have shot the punk before he touched me

Punks beware
The 911 tapes do not show that Thug Zimmerman identified himself to Trayvon. Also, there is NO evidence whatsoever to prove that.

I keep telling you that you need to look at the evidence as pertains to that.

Apparently you haven't yet.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#44700 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What part isn't factual son?
Everything, You only know what you gleened from the Lame Stream Media, and they weren't there either.

Truth's Door

#44701 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>You are the fool that does not understand

The 911 tape has what happened

Your post are full of bs.....opinions only

You claim he is a pedophiliacs with zero proof and in a court of law all of your testimony would be tossed just like everyone has done here
It is you who do not understand. The 911 tapes do NOT prove what you claim. Not even close.

Also, the 911 tapes do NOT have "what happened" on them. Don't be a crazy fool. Just be a fool, fool.

Also, please point to the exact post where I "claim he is a pedophiliacs."

This ought to be interesting.

Truth's Door

#44702 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Correct
Incorrect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets FIRE 30 Year Career Politician JIMMY CONNE... Sun Jeremy 3
peyton grinnell will be controlled by gay borders Fri Beekeeper 8
5th Circuit State Attorney Agenda Exposed By Ma... Aug 26 Nazi Exposer 2
Brad And Leticia. Aug 26 Dave Toboggan 1
Lcso negligence Aug 24 1side 4ever 18
heroin (Feb '14) Aug 23 Charlie123 8
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Aug 15 Mary dodd 872

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance