Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#44635 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
I carried a concealed loaded weapon for over 20 years and there is no law that says you can't follow anyone carrying a gun
And if you are in fear of someone you can also draw your weapon
And anyone that attacks me will be shot..........
Punks beware
lol! Well that's fine son.

We'll let the tape speak for itself since it's pertinent to the case and not your "20 years."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#44636 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
911 operators..........LOL
Did the dead perp call???
Nope
Did Zim call???
Yes
That alone shows what side of the law each was on..........
lol! It's like that guy in Texas who video taped himself declaring he was "standing his ground", then shooting his neighbor.

.... then he got convicted.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#44637 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
NBC was the one that altered the tape moron liberals love
The state of Florida isn't using NBC tapes and neither am I.

And poor pedophile thug: the state isn't going to be using the tape he made except to prove that he is a liar.

I can't wait to see the pedophile's final version.

Location hidden

#44638 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
I carried a concealed loaded weapon for over 20 years and there is no law that says you can't follow anyone carrying a gun
When the state proves that you shot someone with your gun, especially an unarmed someone who was walking on a sidewalk carrying only a bag of candy on his way home, and that you have a history of violence: you better get online and find that soap-on-a-rope.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Colima, Mexico

#44639 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well that's fine son.

We'll let the tape speak for itself since it's pertinent to the case and not your "20 years."
Anyone that has listen to the tape and looked at the other evidence understands that Zim was defending himself

Morons that claim oslamacare is a good thing have not studied that either

And I have not met one person that likes oslamacare and thinks Zim is not guilty

But morons that think raising taxes on medical supplies will lower the cost of them also think you should not defend your self if some perp attacks you

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44640 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! It's like that guy in Texas who video taped himself declaring he was "standing his ground", then shooting his neighbor.

.... then he got convicted.
Not sure what case you are talking about but if it is the one where he shot a guy in the back then that is clearly not self defense

But morons would not know the difference between shooting someone running away and shooting someone attacking you

Bottom line is the black perp attacked someone and he died because of it.........

Location hidden

#44641 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And showed want full disrespect for authority
Disrespect of a short, fat, drug addict who had a history (and arrest) for violence and who flunked out of community college trying to become a cop and ended up shooting a boy who forgot his "Yes, sirs"?

Let's make sure before we judge this fat short flunky pedophile we get the entire picture and remember his bail hearing when he conspired with his wife to lie about his assets before the court that will try him shortly.
Tamara

UK

#44642 Dec 24, 2012
George Zimmerman is a hero and a American icon.

Location hidden

#44643 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that has listen to the tape and looked at the other evidence understands that Zim was defending himself
Everyone has met one or two of these cop wannabes in their life and know exactly what happens and the tape and the transcripts are going to be the evidence used to convict the pedophile, not the fictional film he created a few days later.

Location hidden

#44644 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
Bottom line is the black...
Yeah, we got it.

That is the bottom line to you and it was the bottom line for the pedophile that shot this unarmed teenager.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#44645 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what case you are talking about but if it is the one where he shot a guy in the back then that is clearly not self defense
But morons would not know the difference between shooting someone running away and shooting someone attacking you
Bottom line is the black perp attacked someone and he died because of it.........
"Texas Man Found Guilty for Killing Neighbor in Dispute

By ANTHONY CASTELLANO
June 14, 2012

A jury has convicted a Texas man for murdering his neighbor during a confrontation over loud music two years ago, rejecting a claim that he was within his rights to fatally shoot the man under Texas' version of a "stand-your-ground" law.

Raul Rodriguez, 47, faces up to life in prison for the killing of Kelly Danaher, 36. Sentencing is scheduled to begin today.

"I'm just glad he can't hurt anybody else," Danaher's wife, Mindy, said. "I love my husband, and I miss him so much ... and he helped all of us get through this today."

It took the jury less than six hours Wednesday to decide between self-defense and murder. Jurors, apparently agreeing with prosecutors that Rodriguez, a retired Houston-area firefighter, was a trigger-happy neighborhood bully.

"He felt like he had ultimate control, control to determine who lives and who dies," Donna Logan, Harris County Assistant District Attorney, said.

Rodriguez recorded the argument in May of 2010 when he killed Danaher, an elementary school teacher, and wounded two other people. The 22-minute homemade video was the key to the trial as Rodriguez's lawyers argued it was self-defense under Texas' version of the so-called stand-your-ground law, which is also at the center of the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.
Fatal Neighbor Dispute Caught on Tape Watch Video
NY Firefighters Shot: 2 Dead at House-Fire Scene Watch Video
NY Firefighter Shot at House-Fire Scene: Police Watch Video

It was after midnight when Rodriguez, complaining to police via telephone that the music was too loud, walked up to Danaher's driveway with a flashlight and gun.

In the video, Rodriguez can be heard talking to a 911 operator, saying, "I'm running the video camera right now and I'm talking to you and I mean, I'm scared to death here."

In the unfolding confrontation between Rodriguez and several unidentified men, one yells, "Tell you what, pal, you just pulled a gun on the wrong [expletive], OK?"

When one of the party-goers saw Rodriguez's gun, he suggested he is getting his own. "When I go in that house and come back," he warned, "don't think I won't be equal to you, baby."

"It's about to get out of hand sir, please help me. Please help me, my life is in danger now ...," Rodriguez told police over the phone. "Now, I'm standing my ground here. Now, these people are going to try and kill me."

Seconds later, a fight about loud music ends with the crack of gunfire...."
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#44646 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The bottom line is Zimmerman stalked Martin with a loaded weapon and got caught.

You cannot change your stance from the aggressor to being defensive simply because you're losing a fight you initiated.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44647 Dec 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Disrespect of a short, fat, drug addict who had a history (and arrest) for violence and who flunked out of community college trying to become a cop and ended up shooting a boy who forgot his "Yes, sirs"?

Let's make sure before we judge this fat short flunky pedophile we get the entire picture and remember his bail hearing when he conspired with his wife to lie about his assets before the court that will try him shortly.
It is evident that you did not so your opinion is garbage

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44648 Dec 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone has met one or two of these cop wannabes in their life and know exactly what happens and the tape and the transcripts are going to be the evidence used to convict the pedophile, not the fictional filhe created a few days later.
Once again you show you are a moron

If you has listen to the real tapes you would not be spouting so ignorantly

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44649 Dec 24, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, we got it.

That is the bottom line to you and it was the bottom line for the pedophile that shot this unarmed teenager.
And you have proof of your claim???

We need to start shooting more of these punks that think they can attack someone

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44650 Dec 24, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"Texas Man Found Guilty for Killing Neighbor in Dispute

By ANTHONY CASTELLANO
June 14, 2012

A jury has convicted a Texas man for murdering his neighbor during a confrontation over loud music two years ago, rejecting a claim that he was within his rights to fatally shoot the man under Texas' version of a "stand-your-ground" law.

Raul Rodriguez, 47, faces up to life in prison for the killing of Kelly Danaher, 36. Sentencing is scheduled to begin today.

"I'm just glad he can't hurt anybody else," Danaher's wife, Mindy, said. "I love my husband, and I miss him so much ... and he helped all of us get through this today."

It took the jury less than six hours Wednesday to decide between self-defense and murder. Jurors, apparently agreeing with prosecutors that Rodriguez, a retired Houston-area firefighter, was a trigger-happy neighborhood bully.

"He felt like he had ultimate control, control to determine who lives and who dies," Donna Logan, Harris County Assistant District Attorney, said.

Rodriguez recorded the argument in May of 2010 when he killed Danaher, an elementary school teacher, and wounded two other people. The 22-minute homemade video was the key to the trial as Rodriguez's lawyers argued it was self-defense under Texas' version of the so-called stand-your-ground law, which is also at the center of the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.
Fatal Neighbor Dispute Caught on Tape Watch Video
NY Firefighters Shot: 2 Dead at House-Fire Scene Watch Video
NY Firefighter Shot at House-Fire Scene: Police Watch Video

It was after midnight when Rodriguez, complaining to police via telephone that the music was too loud, walked up to Danaher's driveway with a flashlight and gun.

In the video, Rodriguez can be heard talking to a 911 operator, saying, "I'm running the video camera right now and I'm talking to you and I mean, I'm scared to death here."

In the unfolding confrontation between Rodriguez and several unidentified men, one yells, "Tell you what, pal, you just pulled a gun on the wrong [expletive], OK?"

When one of the party-goers saw Rodriguez's gun, he suggested he is getting his own. "When I go in that house and come back," he warned, "don't think I won't be equal to you, baby."

"It's about to get out of hand sir, please help me. Please help me, my life is in danger now ...," Rodriguez told police over the phone. "Now, I'm standing my ground here. Now, these people are going to try and kill me."

Seconds later, a fight about loud music ends with the crack of gunfire...."
Yes shooting someone in the back is not self defense
Tamara

UK

#44651 Dec 24, 2012
The Martin family attorney Crump planted a phony witness which will be exposed at trial. It will be interesting to see how they react as their house of cards begins to collapse all around them.

George Zimmerman is a hero and an American icon.

Merry Christmas George.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#44652 Dec 24, 2012
Tamara wrote:
The Martin family attorney Crump planted a phony witness which will be exposed at trial. It will be interesting to see how they react as their house of cards begins to collapse all around them.

George Zimmerman is a hero and an American icon.

Merry Christmas George.
Yes the far left loons are going to cry

Location hidden

#44653 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
It is evident that you did not so your opinion is garbage
My opinion will be less important than the twelve people who put your bigoted pedophile in jail.

Unless, of course, he takes the pleas to keep you lying wife out of jail.

Putting aside like every other person on this earth: I do not give two sh!ts what your opinion is.
Tamara

UK

#44654 Dec 24, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the far left loons are going to cry
Yes indeed, they have never stopped crying and they will continue to do so even when they are finally exposed once and for all for their malicious attempt to impede justice and to destroy George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman has more supporters out there than Martin ever had. Most people are honest, thank God.

Merry Christmas George, England loves you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zimmerman: A person in his circumstances can't ... 13 hr LAnative000 4
News The mother of Trayvon Martin 'stunned' by verdict (Jul '13) Tue proud2BBlk 331
Apperson is going to jail Tue Right is right 1
Seminoles Stupid Prosecutors Tue Right is right 2
Trayvon Is Dead And Free Zimmerman Alive And Bo... (Jul '13) May 24 Cooter Brown 36
What if Trayvon Martin was White? (Jul '13) May 24 Cooter Brown 67
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) May 23 warbucks 237
More from around the web

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]