Which airline offers most nonstop destinations from Central Florida? Allegiant

There are 3 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 14, 2013, titled Which airline offers most nonstop destinations from Central Florida? Allegiant. In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Heading home for holiday travel? There's one airline that can take you nonstop from Central Florida to more destinations than any other - and you might be surprised that it's Allegiant, a relatively unknown carrier that flies out of tiny Orlando Sanford International Airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

arkmiwi

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Dec 15, 2013
I suppose that is great for anyone who wants to fly on old, mechanically unstable jets. I fly for a major carrier, and when I have Allegiant personnel on my plane, they always discourage me from flying them, for safety reasons.

Their own employees fly other airlines when they want to fly for pleasure. They don't trust their own airline. So, if price is your main concern, please by all means continue flying mechanically unsound Allegiant Airlines. If safety, is your top priority, consider flying any other carrier.

It is only a matter time before Allegiant has major accident due to poor maintenance.
jason

Seattle, WA

#2 Dec 16, 2013
If you are a employee of allegiant, and you dont feel safe flying, why would you work for a company that puts americans at risk and if its true they are worse then the management of the airline as they are just as guilty by doing there job with out any warning from them to the customers and the faa.
The employees doesnt like to fly the airline they should move onto another job bad vibes for the company when you have employees taking the money and yet they complain about the hand that feeds them.
Get a LIfe !!!!!!!
arkmiwi

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Dec 17, 2013
Jason,

I'm only reporting what I have been told by Allegiant employees. The reason that they continue to work there is probably because there is nothing else with the flexibility of an airline employee.

I'm not sure how you can say the employee is worse than the management. It's managements responsibility to provide a safe working environment. Also, you said that "they take the money and yet they complain about the hand that feeds them." Everyone complains about their job, except apparently you, if you're even employed.

Allegiant, doesn't or isn't supposed to have RONs(Remain Overnights) like other airlines, but because of maintenance issues- the employees do have RONs. It's apparent that you don't work for an airline, at least in the air, because you have no idea of what the job entails.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) 12 hr SMH 670
relocating to lake mary from new jersey (Sep '08) May 4 reanna 29
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) May 1 thoughtshardblessing 235
News George Zimmerman compares himself to Anne Frank... May 1 Sheriff Joe 529 7
News Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) May 1 sCAMMEDbYpAT 261
D'Jordan Brooks Apr 30 fakeass 1
Corruption pays in LCSO Apr 28 SMH 24
More from around the web

Sanford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]