**beware** consolidated transmission ...

**beware** consolidated transmission in sanford fl sucks

Posted in the Sanford Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Charlotte, NC

#1 Dec 19, 2008
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CONSOLIDATED TRANSMISSION IN SANFORD FL! THEY ARE A WHOLESALE TRANSMISSION SHOP ON AIRPORT BLVD.
I bought a transmission from Consolidated Transmission, after a month the tranny went out. Consolidated told us to get a diagnostic test to make sure it was indeed the tranny. We took our truck to Osteen Automotive and had one done.....the results showed there was nothing wrong with the truck itself, meaning it WAS the transmission. We pulled the tranny out and brought it back to consolidated for them to fix the problems because it came with a one year warranty. Upon picking it back up my husband noticed that bolts and sensors were missing, the salesman(Johnny Clark) said he was sorry, that his guys get lazy back there. So my husband put the tranny back in his truck. Please keep in mind that every time we have to pull out the transmission we waste about $150 in fluids. Well once it was back in the tranny was still broke, it wouldn't even go into gear. So we pulled the whole truck up to consolidated on a trailer. Johnny Clark an employee there said he had a "shop"(WHICH ENDED UP BEING A GARAGE IN HIS PARENTS BACKYARD) and that he would pull the tranny himself and go over it step by step to fix the problem free of charge....he added that consolidated would remburse him. So after being stressed out from the past few days we agreed to do that. He said he would have our truck for a week. He gave us the run around for three weeks, not answering his phone, even turning it off. One week turned into three weeks that we were without our truck. I went to pick up our truck and it was still broke, he assured me that Consolidated cares about their costumers and that transmissions are hard to figure out. Johnny said to leave it with him. Well two weeks later we went to pick it up again and it was still doing the same thing......Still BROKE! Finally after much frustration and aggravation I took our truck somewhere else. The new shop found lots of things wrong with the tranny. When I talked to the owner of Consolidated he refused to foot the repair bill. He insisted that I take my truck to "his buddy's shop on 434". Mr.Chadwick kept hounding me to take it to his buddy and it wouldn't cost me a dime. Well why would he pay for all this if i went to "his buddy's" shop and not pay a place I chose and trusted?? As you could imagine I don't trust a word this company says or who they recommend. After four failed attempts why should I trust them to get it right now. I even went out of my way to set up having The Bob Dance Dodge Dealership do the repairs, someone we could both trust, Mr.Chadwick refused that offer too. I've been run through the loop with this company, I've been hung up on, missed days of work, my son has missed a day of school, and we were without our truck for over a month. My truck was fixed at McRoberts in Sanford. I have had two different shops write up their findings on our tranny... and they found multiple problems....even calling it a "joke". I want Consolidated Transmission to HONOR their one year warranty and pay the cost of repairs that I have endured with their product! Also, after talking with many from the community I have found that this happens often with this company. I 'm the consumer and i have the right to take my truck to someone I trust and Consolidated should stand up for their mistakes and pay for their wrong doings. I HAVE CONTACTED THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, THE DEPARTMENT BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS, AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL..IT'S SAD THAT I HAVE TO GO THIS ROUTE, BUT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS THIS COMPANY HAS SCREWED US WITH! CONSOLIDATED HAS NO IDEA HOW TO REPAIR, REBUILD, OR BUILD TRANSMISSIONS, THEY JUST THROW STUFF TOGETHER AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!! WE HAVE OUR TRUCK BACK NOW...MCROBERTS HAD IT FOR ONLY 3 DAYS AND IT'S PURRING LIKE A KITTEN!
consildated customer

Kansas City, MO

#2 Oct 17, 2009
Well the problem in being is that you tried the cheapest way out and that my friend is your first mistake. I'm ASE certified in transmissions, actually I'm a master tech. This is not a shop it is a parts house, would you take your truck to discount autoparts when you need an engine rebuild? If your wondering, the correct answer is no. The problem you have is you bought a transmission from a company that sells the parts to fix them. Shame on them for attempting to build one, shame on you for not caring about anything but price. Next time go a shop and pay the person that has devoted their life in the science of repair. Im sorry for your fustration and mental stress through the situation but there is a valuble lesson to be learned here by consolidated as well as your self. Always get three quotes and go with the one in the middle.
annoymous

Lakeland, FL

#3 Apr 26, 2010
wow that sounds real familiar i had the same exact thing happen to me only he hadmy car for about 3 months, then i finally got mytransmission back i put it in my car and it was still broke.. well needless to say i spent about 1000 dollars and i got my car back exactly how i gave it to them BROKEN, some MORE people i know have had horrible experiences with them
Ryan Van Giesen

Orlando, FL

#4 May 12, 2010
Based on your claims , if you have enough valid & substantial evidence , I would take your story to the press. Put the heat on them for once as they did to you !
mowerman

Melbourne Beach, FL

#5 May 26, 2010
Hey gettingthewordout I work for consolidated trans. and I regret you had some problems. I also would like to let you know that McRoberts buys their transmissions from us they do not have a transmission builder. So you got a trans. from consolidated again. We do know how to build a transmission after all.
GETTING THE WORD OUT

Palm Bay, FL

#6 Jun 16, 2010
mowerman wrote:
Hey gettingthewordout I work for consolidated trans. and I regret you had some problems. I also would like to let you know that McRoberts buys their transmissions from us they do not have a transmission builder. So you got a trans. from consolidated again. We do know how to build a transmission after all.
ACTUALLY THEY DON'T GO THROUGH THEM ANYMORE....I KNOW THE OWNER PERSONALLY. MCROBERTS DOESN'T USE THEM BECAUSE THEY SH*TBAG EVERYONE.
GETTING THE WORD OUT

Palm Bay, FL

#7 Jun 16, 2010
mowerman wrote:
OH ONE MORE THING MCROBERTS TOOK MY TRANNY OUT AND TOOK IT TO ANOTHER TRANNY SHOP IN DELAND..........NOT CONSOLIDATED! SORRY BUT I WOULDN'T BE THAT STUPID AGAIN! I FEEL BAD.....YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH JONNY.....UGH!
LLD

Orlando, FL

#8 Jun 23, 2010
I would like to comment on this site in defense of consolidated transmission, I have two transmissions rebuilt by them and have had no problems and theywere very courteous. In fact, I have been doing business with them when they were in orlando and i recommend them to this day. The tranny they rebuilt for me is for my mustang with a 347 in it and haven't had any problems and i have put it through the test kicking butt on numerous occasions. I would say that out of all the customers thay have dealt with, you are the exception.
that awsome person

Apopka, FL

#9 Sep 17, 2010
THEY ARE A RIPOFF THEY BUY PARTS FOR CHEAP AND THEY MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING A NEW TRANNY AND PUT USED PARTS IN THEM AND MAKE YOU PAY FOR MORE THAN THEY ARE WORTH I KNOW MORE THAN ALL THEY ARE VERY MEAN TO THE CUSTOMERS AND HAVE AN EVIL WAY OF DOING BUSINESS IF YOU NEED GOOD PARTS GO TO TRANSTAR OR WIT U WILL OINLY GET RIPPED OFF GOING TO CONSOLIDATED IM GONNA PUT THE WORD OUT TO THE MAIN PEOPLE IN SEMINOLE COUNTY AND LET THEM KNOW ABOUT ALL THE FRAUDULANT THINGS THAT GO ON THERE AND THEY WILL BE SHUT DOWN
Happy transmission Guy

Batavia, NY

#10 Dec 13, 2010
I got mine back in 2005, still going strong, about 50k on it now. They saved me about a about $1000 back then and I have refered people to them with no problems. Happy in NY
Stubbs

Palm Bay, FL

#11 May 11, 2011
Quite frankly this mistake is pretty common. I work at an auto parts store in Sanford and I can not tell you how many idiotic corner-cutting people come to us expecting us to "be the mechanic" and solve their problems. While Con. Trans. may have on-site ASE certified employees (like we also have at our parts store) as the first responder replied, this person made the foolish decision to have a parts warehouse fix their vehicle. Nothing against the men and women who work there or the quality of their work, but really go a mechanic who has every tool and resource available to them.

Honestly I can not stand how many idiots come into our store expecting us (both ASE and non-ASE) certified employees to fix their clunkers because they didn't care of whatever problem when the signs first appeared that there was something wrong.

Finally, every business makes mistakes. There is a difference between your friend who is a "shade tree mechanic" who spray paints your transmission without actually doing anything helpful to it and a place that actually drops the ball every hundred customers. They are completely different animals.

In conclusion: I defend Consolidated Transmission. This was not there fault. Had I been the owner I would have taken the transmission back, returned the money, and asked them do business elsewhere.

Respect goes both ways.
markv

Saint Petersburg, FL

#12 Jun 9, 2011
I HAD PURCHASED A TRANSMISSION FROM CONSOILDATED TRANS. FOR MY FORD RANGER FOR 1200.00. 2 WEEKS LATER THE TRANS STARTED WHINING, I SPOKE WITH CONSOLIDATED AND THEY TOLD ME TO PULL IT OUT (WHICH I HAD TO PAY TO HAVE IT REMOVED)AND LET US LOOK AT IT. THEY CALLED ME BACK AND SAID IT WAS LOW ON OIL AND WOULD NOT WARRANTY THE TRANSMISSION. I TOOK IT TO THREE TRANSMISSION SHOPS WHERE THEY SAID THE REASON FOR THE FAILURE WAS THAT THE ENDPLAY WAS SET TO TIGHT AND BURNED THE LITTLE TORRINGTON BEARING WHICH CAUSED THE DAMAGE NOT BEING RUN LOW ON FLUID!THE REPAIR FROM ANOTHER SHOP COST ME 300.00. I WOULD NEVER DO BUISNESS WITH THEM OR EVER RECOMMEND THEM. HOPE THEY ROT IN HELL!!!
Marilyn

Melbourne Beach, FL

#13 Jul 12, 2011
Funny how this company's employee JOHNNY sits on the computer & places ripp off reports & other complaints about my business. Because he didn't pay for his engine rebuild & I charged him storage fee's, He never came & got his engine & now 7 years later he is placing all these complaints online about me. go figure !!

This all was sparked when I walked into consolidated for a part He told me he had on the shelf & when he saw it was me, all of a sudden he didn't have that part. Sounds like a bad employee to me !!

Want a Good Tranny shop call Dave Henson @ personalized automotive service in Orlando.
IMgod

Oviedo, FL

#16 Aug 7, 2011
You get what you pay for. And if you can't afford to pay what it takes to fix your car, then you need to take the bus and save the money until you can afford it. That's like believing what the used car salesman tells you at at some lot on south OBT. PS: I speak from experience and making my own stupid mistakes. I guess everyone has to suffer enough before they stop doing the same dumb things over & over.
wowo

Saint Cloud, FL

#17 Aug 7, 2011
CON-TRANS is still in business?
I WORK THERE

Saint Cloud, FL

#18 Sep 4, 2011
Bs Bs, We Warranty all transmissions. Any problem we warranty. So half of youll need to quit running your mouth saying oh we just take our car to aamco, or dealer ships. WE REBUILD ALL FORD DEALERSHIPS TRANSMISSION. WE REBUILD AND FIX AAMCO TRANSMISSIONS, WE REBUILD FOR ATW TO SO GO FUHQ YOUR SELFS. IF YOU TAKE YOUR TRANSMISSION ANY WARE ELSE IT JUST ENDS UP BACK TO US ANY WAYS FUHQIN RETARDS
I WORK THERE

Saint Cloud, FL

#19 Sep 4, 2011
Want a Good Tranny shop call Dave Henson @ personalized automotive service in Orlando.

LOL WE REBUILD THERE TRANNYS TO WE JUST DID 3 FOR THEM LAST WEEK.
I WORK THERE

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Sep 4, 2011
THEY ARE A RIPOFF THEY BUY PARTS FOR CHEAP AND THEY MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING A NEW TRANNY AND PUT USED PARTS IN THEM AND MAKE YOU PAY FOR MORE THAN THEY ARE WORTH I KNOW MORE THAN ALL THEY ARE VERY MEAN TO THE CUSTOMERS AND HAVE AN EVIL WAY OF DOING BUSINESS IF YOU NEED GOOD PARTS GO TO TRANSTAR OR WIT U WILL OINLY GET RIPPED OFF GOING TO CONSOLIDATED IM GONNA PUT THE WORD OUT TO THE MAIN PEOPLE IN SEMINOLE COUNTY AND LET THEM KNOW ABOUT ALL THE FRAUDULANT THINGS THAT GO ON THERE AND THEY WILL BE SHUT DOWN

We get our parts from what ever it takes or transtar.

when people place orders, they are asked if they want Brand new or used parts. NOT OUR FAULT IF YOU BUY A USED PART WHEN YOU WERE OFFERD A NEW PART
MASTER

Lakeland, FL

#21 Oct 7, 2011
TRANSCO IN LONGWOOD, BEST PLACE FOR TRANSMISSIONS
Auto tech

Palm Bay, FL

#22 Oct 11, 2011
I see a couple things going on here. The first one being is someone is using used parts in a transmission they need to be smacked on the back the head. Thats just stupid. It would be no different then rebuilding an engine with used parts. You end up with a pos you never should of spent money on.

Second transmissions can be a tricky thing to work with. You either take your time and do it right or you speed thru it and end up with one that wont last. Thats what it sounds like happened to the original poster.

I can be fairly certain that no shop wants to have something they built get installed and not work. Its not only bad business but its a waste of money because everything is going to have to be redone again. As a carpenter would say measure twice cut once.

Every shop and i mean EVERY shop will have somethings that just dont come out right. That doesn't mean it was intentional or that they wanted to burn you. Sometimes things just dont work the way they are suppose to. Its not uncommon to get a brand new part that simply does not work.

Whos fault is that? The owner of the vehicle? The mechanic? The shop where he works? Or the manufactor? Instead of trying to find who is to blame why not just try to find a solution? Getting mad doesn't help on either side of the counter. Be rational and in return you will normally get a rational responce.

That being said you dont turn your vehicle over to an employee of a company that does not actually remove and install parts. Thats just ignorant. By law they are responcible to pay for certain things within reson. One being a shop to check their work and if its found that the part is bad they are liable to replace said part.

If you choose to take the vehicle somewhere that is not agreed apon then that is your dime not the shops. As an example if you get a steak at longhorns and its bad they dont owe you one from roadhouse. Thats reality.

You must give them the opportunity to fix the problem. If you are not satisfied thats what they make small claims court for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kos media publication 6 hr The Peoples Media 2
more black on white crime! (Aug '13) Nov 16 normal 119
Law enforcement caught Nov 15 The Peoples Media 28
Destruction of lake mary Nov 13 Hated and proud 1
Mark Matovina Port Orange Nov 12 Irritated 1
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Nov 10 The Peoples Media 1,110
News Deltona couple facing charges for making up sho... Nov 8 Eugene 1

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance