Two Doctors Arrested In Prescription ...

Two Doctors Arrested In Prescription Drug Fraud Probe

There are 17 comments on the Volusia County Sheriff story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Two Doctors Arrested In Prescription Drug Fraud Probe. In it, Volusia County Sheriff reports that:

Drug agents arrested a Central Florida doctor and his office manager Tuesday morning and closed down their two clinics, accusing the pair of operating a pill mill where virtually unlimited amounts of prescription narcotics were routinely dispensed to anyone who walked through their doors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Volusia County Sheriff.

Ted

Deland, FL

#2 Sep 29, 2010
No DOEDOE Its a war on drug's prescribed without
examination or need. I have personaly seen the loss of 4 young people to drugs. And many more
on there way to doom if they don't get help soon.
Not to mention the adults dyeing or in jail that have children. Some of them retarded because mom
took drugs while carrying them.So I say GO GET EM
LAW. I hope they catch all the scum bags in America
And lock them up till there 100yrs old.
P.S.MIKE: Hope your kids if you have any can grow up without the danger of drugs.
Rose

Deltona, FL

#3 Sep 29, 2010
Just hope you do not ever need medication for chronic pain for some condition such as cancer, because soon you will not be able to get it because of the DEA.
css70

AOL

#4 Sep 29, 2010
ABOUT TIME!!!!!!
I know of 2 people who have died due to overdoses and both used these pain clinics.. Over medicated. My "use to be best friend" is not the same person at all, not a good mom to her kids anymore, or have good people around her. She & her boyfriend use these clinics like crazy, like 4 diffrent ones. Dr. shoppers and all she concentrates on is getting others to use the same Dr's for the pills (sponsors them) and then gets more pills when they get theirs. Its her weekly job. The Percocet 30's have taken over her life.
Reading about this more, etc, they say this is way these people have become heroin addicts moreless.. They are getting a pharmacy grade heroin. Makes me really sad. THis has become a really bad epidemic and these people ( like her), saying well "I have a perscription", lol omg,, they sell them to young kids now addicted and use the money sponsor another addict and more pills. She became her own best customer. It started out as extra income to her not using at all, to full blown crazy, insane if she doesnt have them. Beautiful kids losing their Mom slowly..
So, The Port Orange Dr, one of her Dr's, got it today and I will pray they continue shutting down these Dr's.
Yes, my friend has MRI's and there is NOTHING wrong with her. They have ways getting MRI's for all her others,, MOST of them of Fake anyways, they have altered and The Dr's dont care , oibviously.
DEA- hope u continue the good work.
Ho Lee Schitt

Richmond, IN

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Why should legitimate patients and doctors suffer because a tiny minority are irresponsible? It looks like the dea is going g after easy low hanging fruit instead of doing the job they are supposed to! The dea has no business interfering in the doctor patient relationship! They have no medical training and are totally unqualified to make medical decisions for others.
apparently

Lexington, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
Why should legitimate patients and doctors suffer because a tiny minority are irresponsible? It looks like the dea is going g after easy low hanging fruit instead of doing the job they are supposed to! The dea has no business interfering in the doctor patient relationship! They have no medical training and are totally unqualified to make medical decisions for others.
Did you read this article? It's clear that these are not facilities where legitimate CPP would be going for pain meds, but pill mills acting as legal drug dispensaries for addicts and dealers. The sad thing is these doctors DO have medical training, and they are still totally unqualified (or criminal) to make medical decisions for others.

Which is why they were investigated and arrested, and shut down.
Anvilhands

Orlando, FL

#7 Sep 30, 2010
I'm not against doctors being able to prescribe pain medications but I do see a REAL problem when it comes to pill mills in FL. When I hurt my knee in IL (torn right anterior meniscus) I could barely get a prescription from a doctor for 3 norco 10/325's a day. Norco is only codeine for the pain killer not even considered a strong pain medication. When I got down to FL I went to a doctor here and he prescribed me 120 roxys, 60 valiums, and 60 somas without me even saying anything.

I could not believe the way these doctors in FL operate. I was barely in his office 10 min and he wrote me a cocktail of scripts that could kill somebody with ease (couple people actually). Until FL shuts down these pill mills where you can pay for your medication on site the problem is going to continue PLAIN AND SIMPLE. And for all you people who think you can't get a script filled with an out of state ID in Floria your dead wrong. I went to walgreens but since I had been going to the one in IL for the past 6 months they were cool with me. Either way until they shut down the clinics where you can buy your pills on site with almost no examination FL will continue to be the Pain Killer Capitol. If you wanna see it change don't grip on the internet. Write your senator or congressman and tell them how you feel, enough people do that and I promise they will find funds to set up the database that tracks people who doctor shop. Until then we're stuck with this epidemic. Peace out,- Anvilhands
Addiction

AOL

#8 Sep 30, 2010
The thing is the state of FL has no funding for ANYTHING!!!!!! If you need emergency housing...NO FUNDING...Medicaid for the Medical Needy is USELESS...only Dr's that take it are the county health departments. No Specialists take it. If you need emergency money for utilities and are disabled...NO FUNDING! It's sad. It will be a long time before FL digs it self out of their recession or should I say DEPRESSION? The entire country is in a depression. People can't get jobs, not even at McDonalds anymore because nobody is leaving. Retired people are having to go back to work to support themselves because their fixed income is too low...Even if the state comes up with funding to shut down theses "PILL MILLS" there will be loophools and it will take years to get it all straightened out....
Someone

Grand Junction, CO

#9 Sep 30, 2010
Ted wrote:
No DOEDOE Its a war on drug's prescribed without
examination or need. I have personaly seen the loss of 4 young people to drugs. And many more
on there way to doom if they don't get help soon.
Not to mention the adults dyeing or in jail that have children. Some of them retarded because mom
took drugs while carrying them.So I say GO GET EM
LAW. I hope they catch all the scum bags in America
And lock them up till there 100yrs old.
P.S.MIKE: Hope your kids if you have any can grow up without the danger of drugs.
war on ILLICIT drugs. these are legitimate, medications taken by MANY for legitimate reasons. FLA needs a system like nearly every other state has, to track how many RXs someone has...seriously DUR DUR common sense govenor...
bouttime

Kaneohe, HI

#11 Oct 2, 2010
What many of you do not realize is that one of the "doctors" in Sanford isn't even a medical doc. He received his PhD from a rinky-dink little school where teaching was, shall we say, suboptimal. I wonder if investigation is underway for his handling of female patients as well...
Ali

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#12 Oct 2, 2010
MIKE677 wrote:
Let me see if its a pain clinic isn't that what they do is treat pain. Last i checked opiates were still supposed to be legal to prescribe for pain, so where is the illegal activety at?????? this is a war on pain doctors plain and simple.
Look at what all this crazy dude has commented on. Can you say "junkie" lol?!
lobo

Shalimar, FL

#14 Oct 7, 2010
By the time I find out who all the cool DR's are, theyr'e in jail!
A Dr Chanbers casuallty

Port Orange, FL

#17 Oct 20, 2010
Dr Chambers helped me 15 years ago, and should have stopped helping me 14 years ago. Dr Stringer,(a PHD not an MD) also screens all patients. He also pastors New Hope Family Fellowship at 2644 S. Sanford Ave, Sanford, FL OMG how sad. OMG how just !!!
A Dr Chanbers casuallty

Port Orange, FL

#18 Oct 20, 2010
Ali wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what all this crazy dude has commented on. Can you say "junkie" lol?!
I'd say 360 Lorcets/180 Somas/270 Valium 10s/ 270 Xanax bars a visit is a bit much. One visit would last me over a year of pain management. Cash only, and had to but them ONLY from His "New Hope Family Care" center in Sanford, FL.
There is pain management, and then there is Pablo Escobar style dealing.
A Dr Chanbers casuallty

Port Orange, FL

#19 Oct 20, 2010
Rose wrote:
Just hope you do not ever need medication for chronic pain for some condition such as cancer, because soon you will not be able to get it because of the DEA.
Way off there, Rose. There is pain management, and then guys like Pablo Escobar. He (Pablo Escobar) was in Columbia and his crime was not having a medical license to import 100's of tons of COKE.
tommy

United States

#22 Oct 20, 2010
Hey Mike, how are you doing man? Are you seeing a PM Dr. now? I couldn't remember if you found one? Did you say you used to be on Methadone? I'm trying to find someone who has experience with Methadone or subs. I'm so tired of not getting proper treatment that I think I may hit the clinic at the end of this month. Because I am a CPP, I'm leaning towards Methadone instead of suboxone.

“the one,the only,BABETTE!!!! !”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24 Oct 25, 2010
MIKE677 wrote:
Let me see if its a pain clinic isn't that what they do is treat pain. Last i checked opiates were still supposed to be legal to prescribe for pain, so where is the illegal activety at?????? this is a war on pain doctors plain and simple.
they must have been giving them to just anyone i guess. boy i wish i had got some pills from them, before they got shut down. love cat
Frank

Deerfield Beach, FL

#28 Sep 30, 2013
I live in South Florida, where it's become nearly impossible to get a prescription for pain medication. I have completely legitimate health problems (lung cancer, degenerative joint disease, spinal stenosis to name a few) and it's nearly impossible for me to get my meds. It's a shame that a few greedy doctors caused such misery & hardship for so many people who desperately and legitimately need pain medications.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor carjacked 23 hr afrosheen 1
News Office Depot to hire 8,000 seasonal workers Sun Iceman11 5
News Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) Jun 24 GFL 262
News Deltona looks to put 'neatness, order' out on t... Jun 23 sparky 2
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Jun 22 Marty 841
News Fire destroys DeLand yacht club -- OrlandoSenti... (Aug '07) Jun 20 Dave Harker 16
Jail (Jul '13) Jun 18 JEREMY 104
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages