Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws

There are 9850 comments on the Bloomberg story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Shows Perils of Lax U.S. Gun Laws. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

The Justice Department opened an investigation this week into the killing of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old high school student who was shot dead on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9772 Jun 28, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
BP is bench press. You said you were 160 and benched 100 over your body weight. That makes 260. I also had small school offers at O-Line(took one) I was 6'2" and 235 with a 255 lb BP (pitiful) and a 5.8 sec 40 (even more pitiful). With your 260 BP and 4.4 40, you should have gotten D-I offers
Not with the caliber of other players in my area. I was from the corn-fed midwest and was considered a little small for D-1 schools. Even though I was an above average player (I still hold my high school passing record from my junior year), there were a bunch of guys better at their positions than I was.

But alas, that was a long time ago. Riding a desk for almost 20 years and working a LOT of OT hours has not been kind to me.

Southeast Virginia

#9773 Jun 28, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>In your fkn dreams...
Nope...in real life.
menards

Pottersville, NJ

#9774 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. He lied to get a lower bail.
Yep.
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
She lied to protect her identity.....so she wouldn't have to testify in a murder trial that she had first hand knowledge about.
You made up everything after "identity" You lie too...
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say "obstruction"?
Has she been charged with that? You might need to check your facts.
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Both LIED.
The defense spent an awful lot of time focusing on the things she said that didnt matter (Age,funeral& the fact that someone helped her right a letter) leads me to believe that everything she said that the defense isnt focusing on (the important stuff & the stuff written in the letter) is actually true. The defense is trying to say because she cant read george acted in self defense. LOL! Sorry, no.
menards

Pottersville, NJ

#9775 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I have watched some of it via live online feed, but not all of it. That is why I am only commenting on what I have seen.
"I've only watched bits and pieces, you know the ones that I cant twist and attempt to apply to my agenda. But I comment like Im an expert. Z will walk though...even though I havnt been paying attention to all the defense f ups, the jury in tears, ect ect. Z will walk though. Hes a gun owner. Gun owners can do no wrong. Thats why he has a gun.

Southeast Virginia

#9776 Jun 28, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
<quoted text>
You made up everything after "identity" You lie too...
<quoted text>
Has she been charged with that? You might need to check your facts.
<quoted text>
The defense spent an awful lot of time focusing on the things she said that didnt matter (Age,funeral& the fact that someone helped her right a letter) leads me to believe that everything she said that the defense isnt focusing on (the important stuff & the stuff written in the letter) is actually true. The defense is trying to say because she cant read george acted in self defense. LOL! Sorry, no.
She admitted to lying about her age so she would not get dragged into the case knowing she was the last person to talk to Martin. Not a lie, moron.

And just because she was not charged with obstruction, doesn't mean she wasn't obstructing. You're not too bright are you??

And of course the defense is going to focus on her lies. It's called discrediting the witness, and is what they are supposed to do if they can.

And the defense is making no such claim. THAT is YOUR LIE.

Southeast Virginia

#9777 Jun 28, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've only watched bits and pieces, you know the ones that I cant twist and attempt to apply to my agenda. But I comment like Im an expert. Z will walk though...even though I havnt been paying attention to all the defense f ups, the jury in tears, ect ect. Z will walk though. Hes a gun owner. Gun owners can do no wrong. Thats why he has a gun.
You can't refute the message so you insist on attacking the messenger. Straight out of the progressive liberal playbook.{rolls eyes}
menards

Pottersville, NJ

#9779 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>

And the defense is making no such claim.
That is exactly what they claimed yesterday. It was comical. Many legal experts said it was a terrible move on the part of the defense. I guess thats part of the case you chose to "ignore"...LOL!
menards

Pottersville, NJ

#9780 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't refute the message so you insist on attacking the messenger. Straight out of the progressive liberal playbook.{rolls eyes}
LOL!
The Truth

Lexington, VA

#9782 Jun 28, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you are not familiar with the acceptance in the policiing family, the profile they are looking for is a sociopath to not less than a 10, the individual has to have the nature of not caring much for his fellow man, if zimmerman was not successful in being admitted, it would then mean he is too compationate to qualify in such a job
What police departments, across the nation, actually look for is a person with a college degree or working toward one. They are looking for people who can speak more than one lauguage. With your above pathetic attempt at sentence structure, you would also not be accepted because of lack of skill with the verbal and written word.

Southeast Virginia

#9784 Jun 28, 2013
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what they claimed yesterday. It was comical. Many legal experts said it was a terrible move on the part of the defense. I guess thats part of the case you chose to "ignore"...LOL!
Curious. How do you ignore something you have never seen?

Southeast Virginia

#9785 Jun 28, 2013
.....or heard?
2nd A.

Wentzville, MO

#9786 Jun 28, 2013
John Good.#win!!

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#9787 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...in real life.
Well the 40 yard dash came along at a particular time, well before my time, so I guess it depends on your age. A 4.4 forty is fast...Deion Sanders ran an official 4.25 forty at the 1989 NFL combine, there have been faster times most of them unofficial.

So I guess your not watching O'Mara put witness jon good through the paces this morning?

BTW have you noticed that all the residents living near the T who witnessed or heard parts of the scuffle are articulate college grads?

“always”

Ticklaw

#9788 Jun 28, 2013
That should read well [after] my time.

Southeast Virginia

#9790 Jun 28, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Well the 40 yard dash came along at a particular time, well before my time, so I guess it depends on your age. A 4.4 forty is fast...Deion Sanders ran an official 4.25 forty at the 1989 NFL combine, there have been faster times most of them unofficial.
So I guess your not watching O'Mara put witness jon good through the paces this morning?
BTW have you noticed that all the residents living near the T who witnessed or heard parts of the scuffle are articulate college grads?
I have not watched any of the trial yet today. Too much work to do.

And.....so what. Their education matters how (other than they can actually talk)?
Patriot

Mexico, Mexico

#9791 Jun 28, 2013
Jeantel is studying to be an air traffic controller so anything is possible. Her educational grant being financed by her late boyfriends step father.

“always”

Ticklaw

#9793 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not watched any of the trial yet today. Too much work to do.
And.....so what. Their education matters how (other than they can actually talk)?
There's been a lot of talk on these threads about what a hell hole The Retreat was with burglaries, hundreds of calls for police service and so on.

Maybe it wasn't so bad for folks who don't dance with shadows.
The Truth

Charlottesville, VA

#9794 Jun 28, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....AND NO
Police departments SAY that want people with "education" but education is exactly what they DON'T want
You first must understand the difference between "education" and "training"
Training teaches someone HOW to do something
Education teaches not only how to do something, but WHY they should or, more importantly, why the should should not be doing it.
Police departments don't want people who can think critically. The last word a police supervisor wants to hear is "WHY".
Police departments want, not necessarily stupid, but certainly ignorant adventurous types who are willing to stray out on to dangerously brittle limb to make their superiors look good. When that limb snaps and the poor guy falls to the ground, the bosses will look down from above and say "we never told you to do that". Then they fire the guy and hire another dummy and use him up too.
That is why they love to hire ex-military
If you knew 1/10th of what you thought you knew you might be somewhat smart. Many police departments are mandating at least a 2 year associate degree, yes education and not training. The fact that police departments get a lot of ex military is because former MPs and other military law enforcement jobs require the same type experience and military people have the benefit of attending college while in the military paid for at least partialy by the military. I can tell that you are either, somebody who has run afoul of the law, a police wanabe or a former police officer who could not cut it.
menards

Pottersville, NJ

#9795 Jun 28, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious. How do you ignore something you have never seen?
Maybe before presenting such hard pressed opinions over something you now admittedly know nothing about, you should tune in to exactly what is going on.
Patriot

Mexico, Mexico

#9796 Jun 28, 2013
I tried to rustle up a good bet on Zimmermans acquittal verdict that I do truly await. I had no takers. Isnt that strange with all the illustrious TrayBgone believers? As things progress Im upping the ante. Anyone betting against my Acquittal bet after today will get 4x1 odds! I can take on quite a substantial volume with adequate funding. Any takers? Hahaha this is a real deal. Step up all you followers! Ill be glad to take your money. Welfare checks, cash or property too! Hahaha! It would take the Mormon Choir to discredit Johnny B Goods testimony! And theyed have to have the Pope with them too! Hahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is lauren ritchie? (Sep '15) 1 hr Clermont citizen 16
Mayor carjacked 6 hr Go Blue Forever 2
News Office Depot to hire 8,000 seasonal workers Sun Iceman11 5
News Settling cruise bill has been rough sailing (Mar '08) Jun 24 GFL 262
News Deltona looks to put 'neatness, order' out on t... Jun 23 sparky 2
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Jun 22 Marty 841
News Fire destroys DeLand yacht club -- OrlandoSenti... (Aug '07) Jun 20 Dave Harker 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanford Mortgages