Trevon Martin...self defense or murder?

Trevon Martin...self defense or murder?

There are 3862 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 21, 2012, titled Trevon Martin...self defense or murder?. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Geez....where do you start? The 17 year old Trevon Martin gunned down in Sanford FL in February and his assailant George Zimmerman still walks free.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Huh

Princeton, WV

#4246 Jul 2, 2013
Lets be sure to get a few facts straight. 1 blacks put blacks into slavery in Africa.2 blacks put blacks into slavery in America. Before you go calling me dumb or a liar do your own research into Anthony Johnson the first slave owner in America and how his lawsuite, and testimony allowed for the first slave in America. It's time to stop blaming others for your bad choices.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4247 Jul 2, 2013
YOU KNOW wrote:
This whole thing is being over hyped to the n th degree. True,a young man was pursued and murdered. The killer shold be dealt with accordingly.
Dealt with accordingly translates to acquittal. This case is drowning in reasonable doubt.
Aimee

Willingboro, NJ

#4248 Jul 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
Lets be sure to get a few facts straight. 1 blacks put blacks into slavery in Africa.2 blacks put blacks into slavery in America. Before you go calling me dumb or a liar do your own research into Anthony Johnson the first slave owner in America and how his lawsuite, and testimony allowed for the first slave in America. It's time to stop blaming others for your bad choices.
Slavery was the way to outsource jobs in America while America look at it as normal, not realizing how the people were getting screwed over just like today!!!!!! Wake up people..........vote this two party system out!!!!
Boris

Knoxville, TN

#4249 Jul 11, 2013
The "white guy" was not white he was half Mexican. The "innocent kid" was neither innocent nor a kid. It was Zimmerman's job as the community watch to call in ANY person that's walking the neighborhood in the dead of night that does not live there. He did his job, the "kid" attacked him AFTER he turned around and started in the opposite direction. He was not being threatened or harassed in any way by Zimmerman.The "kid" had sent several texts (that are not being allowed into evidence) about the crimes he was intending to commit in this neighborhood. The neighborhood was not a short cut or even close to where the "kid" lived so what was he doing there? Zimmerman was protecting himself no matter what any of us think. However, even if he had shot the brat (yes brat, he felt he deserved things he did not own)point in the face what right does it give the rest of you to act out like brats and take it out on an old man that had nothing to do with anything simply for telling a couple of kids they shouldn't play in the street? Is THAT right? Oh wait, let me guess... it's justice in your eyes right? Wrong. You're all idiots if you think it makes that ok. Trevon new what he was doing, he was NOT a small child as he was portrayed to be in the 12 yr old photo the broadcast. He was a few short months away from being a full blown adult. He got what he should have expected to get. But no, he fully expected this man to just lay there and let the punk beat him to death. Would THAT have been a race crime? NO! Had that been the result I'm betting all of you would be throwing parties in his honor. You're all hypocrites. It's ok for it to happen to whites but not blacks. You all fall back on the slave trade to make excuses for doing exactly what you want because of it. Well people, I've never owned a slave, wouldn't want one, so I don't owe any of you a damn thing.
Closing fact : Zimmerman was protecting himself and I'd have done exactly the same thing. Now, would any of you care to guess my race? I bet you're off the mark by a long shot.
Boris

Knoxville, TN

#4250 Jul 11, 2013
YOU KNOW wrote:
This whole thing is being over hyped to the n th degree. True,a young man was pursued and murdered. The killer shold be dealt with accordingly.
It is not murder when the person killed was the attacker. Zimmerman never touched the brat until he was himself attacked by said punk brat. Idiot
MartinLaw

Knoxville, TN

#4251 Jul 11, 2013
TOOYOUNGTODIE wrote:
----Well, what we do know is that a white man killed a young black teen (FACT). This guy stated it was self defense....if it was truly self defense, why was the teen the one being chased?? Thats the big question. He is a murderer, a child murderer and to add insult to injury he practically professed his hatred for black people with his racist statements, which were recorded by 911. So, if you get offended by people standing up against racism or you make the decision to DEFEND a racist child murderer, then what does that say about you? There are rallies ALL OF THE TIME against black on black crimes, so get your knowledge up. These rallies are in the neighborhoods that the crimes effects. This crime is a hate crime and therefore should be addressed on the national level because as we all know hate crimes are federal offenses.
FACT: He was not being "Chased", he was being followed because the Police asked Zimmerman to see which direction Trevon was going, then Zimmerman turned his back on Trevon. THAT is when Trevon attacked. So, yes it was self defense. Read a book you might learn something.
MartinLaw

Knoxville, TN

#4252 Jul 11, 2013
Had Zimmerman laid there and allowed this "child" to beat him to death would all of you be screaming for justice then? Would you consider THAT a hate crime or a race crime? NO! You would not. Hypocrites.
Ttt

Ardsley, NY

#4253 Jul 11, 2013
Boris wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not murder when the person killed was the attacker. Zimmerman never touched the brat until he was himself attacked by said punk brat. Idiot
That's interesting. I thought that if you shoot and kill someone it's murder.
Ttt

Ardsley, NY

#4254 Jul 11, 2013
It's funny how some of you on this site think that murder can be justified. Some of you have even said that a 17 year old is and adult. Some of you have said T. Martin deserved to die. I don't even think that GZ would utter such a thing.
Ttt

Ardsley, NY

#4255 Jul 11, 2013
It's safe to be prejudice on a site like this. Any of you who suffer from that terrible disease are hiding out in the real world. I feel sorry for you.
Ttt

Ardsley, NY

#4256 Jul 11, 2013
Boris wrote:
The "white guy" was not white he was half Mexican. The "innocent kid" was neither innocent nor a kid. It was Zimmerman's job as the community watch to call in ANY person that's walking the neighborhood in the dead of night that does not live there. He did his job, the "kid" attacked him AFTER he turned around and started in the opposite direction. He was not being threatened or harassed in any way by Zimmerman.The "kid" had sent several texts (that are not being allowed into evidence) about the crimes he was intending to commit in this neighborhood. The neighborhood was not a short cut or even close to where the "kid" lived so what was he doing there? Zimmerman was protecting himself no matter what any of us think. However, even if he had shot the brat (yes brat, he felt he deserved things he did not own)point in the face what right does it give the rest of you to act out like brats and take it out on an old man that had nothing to do with anything simply for telling a couple of kids they shouldn't play in the street? Is THAT right? Oh wait, let me guess... it's justice in your eyes right? Wrong. You're all idiots if you think it makes that ok. Trevon new what he was doing, he was NOT a small child as he was portrayed to be in the 12 yr old photo the broadcast. He was a few short months away from being a full blown adult. He got what he should have expected to get. But no, he fully expected this man to just lay there and let the punk beat him to death. Would THAT have been a race crime? NO! Had that been the result I'm betting all of you would be throwing parties in his honor. You're all hypocrites. It's ok for it to happen to whites but not blacks. You all fall back on the slave trade to make excuses for doing exactly what you want because of it. Well people, I've never owned a slave, wouldn't want one, so I don't owe any of you a damn thing.
Closing fact : Zimmerman was protecting himself and I'd have done exactly the same thing. Now, would any of you care to guess my race? I bet you're off the mark by a long shot.
"You all fall back on the slave trade"... Have you interviewed every black person in the USA? You don't want to be held responsible for slavery but you want to hold a whole race responsible for being a certain way.... How are you any different then people that would hold a grudge over slavery? You are doing the same thing with making such generalizations.
Gcowiegordon

Oceanside, CA

#4257 Jul 12, 2013
Zimmerman's parents can still visit their stupid son in prison, and he will eventually be released to live the rest of his life, hopefully not in my residential community.
Trevon Martin's parent will wake every morning for the rest of their lives with a lump in their hearts, possibly a few tears on their pillows, longing to see their boy one more time. For the rest of their lives they will miss their Baby.
That's just not right, he went for skittles and tea, in a community he visited often, to a 7-11 he had walked to many times.
Proof, that being in the wrong place at the wrong time is when some idiot will surface and kill you, for no good reason.
KENTUCKY

Buffalo, TX

#4258 Jul 13, 2013
Gcowiegordon wrote:
Zimmerman's parents can still visit their stupid son in prison, and he will eventually be released to live the rest of his life, hopefully not in my residential community.
Trevon Martin's parent will wake every morning for the rest of their lives with a lump in their hearts, possibly a few tears on their pillows, longing to see their boy one more time. For the rest of their lives they will miss their Baby.
That's just not right, he went for skittles and tea, in a community he visited often, to a 7-11 he had walked to many times.
Proof, that being in the wrong place at the wrong time is when some idiot will surface and kill you, for no good reason.
G ..M YOU CAN COME TO KENTUCKY AND THIN OUT A FEW MORE @#$@!.APPALACHAIN REDNICK
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#4259 Jul 13, 2013
Gcowiegordon wrote:
Oceanside, CA
Seriously. Do you know anything about real crime stats? Do you know anything about the black community? Blacks are notorious for challenging authority, older people, and looking suspicious because they like the thug look. TM was a poster male for thugs in America. He had an attitude as demonstrated by the mere fsct thst he hit someone that night. Even thugs like candy and soda. In fact, it's a staple in their diet. Who cares if had skittle s or aa bag of cheetos?
Strongly suggest you go on some ride alongs in your area and LA; short of that, pull up youtube and search fights or thugs.... open your eyes for your own protection. The teens of the black community know what TM was, just as Zimmerman did that night. No mystery.

Location hidden

#4261 Jul 13, 2013
its over.
Cookie123

Sicamous, Canada

#4264 Jul 14, 2013
Well I feel for Trevon and his parents. But why was he out? These kids don't need to be out on the streets. Not black, white or any colour. They should be at home. It is asking for trouble.
Who knows how you would act in GZ's place? You think you know but you don't really. Your not there!
Racial profiling is a fact. 70% of all people in American prisons are non-white. This makes white people nervous.
Is George white? He looks Hispanic to me.

Location hidden

#4266 Jul 14, 2013
The simple truth is Martins embracing of ghetto culture led to his demise.
When faced with ANY perceived "disrespect"the response is always the same...violence.
That is the central tenant of black ghetto culture.
Zimmerman asked him what he was doing there and Martin sized the short chubby guy up and went ghetto on him.
End of a simple story.
LJMDBT

Shreveport, LA

#4267 Jul 15, 2013
Well the facts are these Trevon was staying with family members in a gated community (did the family notify the neighbor hood watch group of this?) If not why not? The neighborhood/community elected this individual to watch the community. Was Zimmerman doing his job? Yes BUT, that ended when he did not follow the instructions of the police to "stand down!"
Lets get back to Trevon! 17 year old 5'+ and 160 lbs by the coroners statement. It was evident that he saw the neighbor hood watch guy and ran. Why? Why did he not stop and identify himself?
Being 17, quick on his feet, he runs from a 29 year old out of shape adult. Gets past him not once but twice and manages to hide from his persuer.
Zimmerman still in the wrong keeps persuing and Trevon siezes the opportunity to come out of hiding and get the best of Zimmerman. Has Zimmerman on the ground lands a couple of punches, bloodies Zimmermans nose and bangs his head into the concrete.
The roles are now reversed Trevon is the aggressor. Zimmerman fearing for his life gets his hand on his gun and fires. Trevon Martin dies.
WHO IS AT FAULT? Both of them!!!
Zimmerman for not following police intructions and letting people know he was carrying a loaded weapon.
Martin for not identifying himself and for giving Zimmerman a serious beating, which ultimately forced an armed security person to draw and fire his weapon.
WHO IS AT FAULT? The media for giving out false information.
The NAACP for inciting riots based on more inflatted information.
The Black Caucus for furthering the inflatted information.
The Black, White, Hispanic, and Asian population of this country who are so blind that they cannot see that they are being manipulated.
WHO IS AT FAULT? WE ARE FOR ALLOWING THIS MANIPULATION TO CONTINUE!
casey anthony wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember how the people of florida messed this case up. Allowed a childs killer to go free this is why. Someone on the news tells you somthing and without any facts or any evidence you decide what happened.
The police did not arrest him for a reason the media is not talking to them for a reason the police report has been talked about for a reason. These media ghouls are tricking you into watching a few more hours of commercials before they finally report the facts.
Larry

Los Angeles, CA

#4268 Jul 15, 2013
Do drugs, act the thug, little gangster sh*t happens
Larry

Los Angeles, CA

#4269 Jul 15, 2013
Self defense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
peyton grinnell will be controlled by gay borders 23 hr Addiva45 7
Lcso negligence Wed 1side 4ever 18
heroin (Feb '14) Tue Charlie123 8
Lets FIRE 30 Year Career Politician JIMMY CONNE... Aug 22 Beekeeper 2
What About Lake Sheriff Borders? (Nov '11) Aug 15 Mary dodd 872
Deltona Massacre, 5 years later? (Sep '09) Aug 14 Smith and Wesson 18
News Back to prison for Mary Hill (Aug '06) Aug 14 Session_Whine 212

Sanford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance