Sandy teen gets squeaky dog toy lodged in lung

Full story: Fox13Now

SANDY, Utah - Paramedics said it was the first time for them after a Sandy teenager got a dog whistle lodged in his lung.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Aug 30, 2010
Jane Krause

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

That is kind of funny!!! But thank god he is alright. He could of freaked alot of people out; everytime he would breath he could whistle.
Gboro

Kernersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Robertson said William was wrestling with his dog over a squeaky toy.

"I squeezed it just as the dog jumped on me and it fell," said William. "Every time I breathed, it would happen to squeak."

So, what happened the toy just jumped in his mouth and down his throat? What a fool! I hope he has learned his lesson not to put objects in his mouth! He deserves a nickname for such stupidity. He is very lucky that he made it thru this!
Junky

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

The whole toy didn't jump in his mouth, just the squeaker thing which is about the size of a 38 caliber bullet, kind of small.
They usually are not glued in or anything and pop out if the squeezing is too energetic.
If the kid was on his back wrestling the dog for the toy, it could pop out and get sucked into a lung if he's inhaling to laugh some more.
Doubt very much he put a dog's squeaky toy in his mouth because of the dog slobber (gross).
Really

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

I think he put the squeaker in his mouth and someone smacked him on the back. That's what I would say happened, not that we was wrestling with a five pound dog.
Heather

Gardena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

Glad to hear that sqeaky is doing fine :) scary....
Carl

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

This would make a nice entry into the family history storytelling for many years to come.
Lokari

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

A 13-year old wrestling with the family dog? It's not hard at all to imagine how the squeaker could have ended up in his lung. Calling him a fool is, well, it's idiotic.

Sounds like the family has a good sense of humor about the situation. Good for them!
Alicia Townes

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Judged:

It seems to me he is old enough to know better
conchchowder

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Judged:

Back in the 60's, you could go into a convenience store (or find the ad in the back of comic books) and buy a "Throw your voice" gag toy. It was actually the little piece from a squeak toy. http://cartoonsnap.com/blogspot/images/ToysTr...
PA Paul

Wind Gap, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Thank GOD the squeaky toy survived!
Schmib

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

that is hilarious

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Sandy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sandy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••