Sandy teen gets squeaky dog toy lodged in lung

There are 11 comments on the Fox13Now story from Aug 26, 2010, titled Sandy teen gets squeaky dog toy lodged in lung. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

SANDY, Utah - Paramedics said it was the first time for them after a Sandy teenager got a dog whistle lodged in his lung.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Jane Krause

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Aug 26, 2010
That is kind of funny!!! But thank god he is alright. He could of freaked alot of people out; everytime he would breath he could whistle.
Gboro

Kernersville, NC

#2 Aug 26, 2010
Robertson said William was wrestling with his dog over a squeaky toy.

"I squeezed it just as the dog jumped on me and it fell," said William. "Every time I breathed, it would happen to squeak."

So, what happened the toy just jumped in his mouth and down his throat? What a fool! I hope he has learned his lesson not to put objects in his mouth! He deserves a nickname for such stupidity. He is very lucky that he made it thru this!
Junky

Van Buren, AR

#3 Aug 26, 2010
The whole toy didn't jump in his mouth, just the squeaker thing which is about the size of a 38 caliber bullet, kind of small.
They usually are not glued in or anything and pop out if the squeezing is too energetic.
If the kid was on his back wrestling the dog for the toy, it could pop out and get sucked into a lung if he's inhaling to laugh some more.
Doubt very much he put a dog's squeaky toy in his mouth because of the dog slobber (gross).
Really

Cleveland, OH

#4 Aug 26, 2010
I think he put the squeaker in his mouth and someone smacked him on the back. That's what I would say happened, not that we was wrestling with a five pound dog.
Heather

Gardena, CA

#5 Aug 26, 2010
Glad to hear that sqeaky is doing fine :) scary....
Carl

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Aug 26, 2010
This would make a nice entry into the family history storytelling for many years to come.
Lokari

La Grange, IL

#7 Aug 26, 2010
A 13-year old wrestling with the family dog? It's not hard at all to imagine how the squeaker could have ended up in his lung. Calling him a fool is, well, it's idiotic.

Sounds like the family has a good sense of humor about the situation. Good for them!
Alicia Townes

Greensboro, NC

#8 Aug 26, 2010
It seems to me he is old enough to know better
conchchowder

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Aug 27, 2010
Back in the 60's, you could go into a convenience store (or find the ad in the back of comic books) and buy a "Throw your voice" gag toy. It was actually the little piece from a squeak toy. http://cartoonsnap.com/blogspot/images/ToysTr...
PA Paul

Bangor, PA

#10 Aug 29, 2010
Thank GOD the squeaky toy survived!
Schmib

Mechanicsville, VA

#11 Aug 30, 2010
that is hilarious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Apr 27 Upset tenant 26
If you had a say... Apr 14 inquiringmind 1
methadone withdrawal (Jul '11) Mar '15 Done with methadone 28
News Golden retriever bill defeated Mar '15 laura 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Sandy (Nov '13) Feb '15 Lonee Tapia 24
News Weilenmann fills assistant principal position -... (Sep '11) Feb '15 kartoffel 7
gary wayne jasper penn (Aug '14) Aug '14 miss jasper 1
More from around the web

Sandy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]