First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Salt Lake City, UT

#21 Nov 19, 2011
Wendy is rude and only cares about her own personal life... She never helps when u ask
mom of student

United States

#22 Dec 7, 2011
I am horrified how this endeavor has turned out.
My daughter attends this school and has been fighting it since August to get her student funds released to her and there is always an excuse. I am ready to call my attorney and get him involved if only to call attention to the lousy practices of this school. The students may get their hours but they certainly don't get the experiance. There are not enough clients and the students mostly work on their maniquins to get their credits. My daughter will text me to come in so she can have something to do besides clean and re wrap her maniquin's perm. There are just not enough clients. Maybe it's the location, who knows. I attended cosmetology school years ago and there were so many clients we always ran a waiting list. My daughter is going to have to attend another school once she is finished at Echelon because this school just does not have what it takes to train the people for success! She has even stepped in and corrected hair color that an instructor had done wrong. I cringe at this outcome. I am contacting the Business Bureau, the Dep. of Consumer Affairs and the Dept. of Education because the Pell Grant is Federal, to voice my discontent. I have already contacted the States Attorney General's office and they have referred me to these other organizations.
I wish no one ill will but this is fraud with a capital "FRAUD".
I would urge everyone to NOT GO TO SCHOOL HERE!
Thank you and good night.
mom of student

United States

#23 Dec 9, 2011
mom of student wrote:
I am horrified how this endeavor has turned out.
My daughter attends this school and has been fighting it since August to get her student funds released to her and there is always an excuse. I am ready to call my attorney and get him involved if only to call attention to the lousy practices of this school. The students may get their hours but they certainly don't get the experiance. There are not enough clients and the students mostly work on their maniquins to get their credits. My daughter will text me to come in so she can have something to do besides clean and re wrap her maniquin's perm. There are just not enough clients. Maybe it's the location, who knows. I attended cosmetology school years ago and there were so many clients we always ran a waiting list. My daughter is going to have to attend another school once she is finished at Echelon because this school just does not have what it takes to train the people for success! She has even stepped in and corrected hair color that an instructor had done wrong. I cringe at this outcome. I am contacting the Business Bureau, the Dep. of Consumer Affairs and the Dept. of Education because the Pell Grant is Federal, to voice my discontent. I have already contacted the States Attorney General's office and they have referred me to these other organizations.
I wish no one ill will but this is fraud with a capital "FRAUD".
I would urge everyone to NOT GO TO SCHOOL HERE!
Thank you and good night.
side note add on:Out of total frustration I posted this comment a few days ago, my daughter received her funds today, 12/9/11...fyi the issue date on the check is 10/28/11...I think that says it all right there. At the very least, an apology is in order from the school I think.
Jen

Eagle Mountain, UT

#24 Jan 7, 2012
We had a great experience here today. I took three little girls for a birthday treat. They had their hair and nails done and then a little makeup. They were treated like royalty and had the best experience. It was affordable and the girls who did their "makeovers" acted professionally and they did a really great job. I was surprised to read all the negative reviews. We couldn't have had a better experience and I'll definitely be back again.
Anonymous

Richfield, UT

#25 Apr 24, 2012
Echelon edge is a great school.Yes they are a school people need to realize that they are students and they are still learning. Don't come to a school if you cant handle what happens. You people are ridiculous with your nasty comments get over it already!
slc88

Denver, CO

#26 Jun 26, 2012
These people are very dishonest i was so excited about signing up for echelon edges esthetic's program and was told all of these wonderful things by wendy the manager and the day before i was supposed to start i went in to sign my contact and got through signing everything when the admissions lady told me i needed to talk to Wendy because i had some additional questions and when i went up to talk to her she was very rude and not the same as she was when i first took my tour there. I was asking her about my financial aid and when i would receive my extra student loan money for living expenses Like she had told me i would. When i first took my tour and after i had signed my contract she told me i might get them in 600 hrs which is about 6months and i was like What? Thats not what you told me before? Then she started to backpedal and lie to me and then i asked her about the ethics curriculum and she told me that they hadn't made the advanced medical curriculum yet and they were working on it and i was like wtf thats not what you told me when i first came in here. It wad very sketchy and she was rude then asked me to write her a note giving the school permission to get into my fasfa student loan account to add them as my school and i was like umm thats kinda weird I've been to sign up for a few different schools in the past and have Never been asked that!!! This school is totally faudgulant. And i left and told them i wasn't going there because they were dishonest and now i am attending paul Mitchell the skin academy and it is amazing the best school for master medical esthetic's ;) and get all my student loan money do your research first!!!!!! And dont go to fraudulent edge!!!!!!
Go elsewhere

Weston, ID

#27 Jul 23, 2012
Wendy was very nice when we first met, and I think she really does care about her job. But instead of talking about EE's strong points and leaving it at that, she bashes other schools by name and calls them liars. This makes her look unprofessional--especially when Echelon Edge has enough of its own issues. She can be rather rude and dismissive at times too. Pat is snooty and tends to look down on people for some reason. I'm not sure where they get off with the attitudes. Their school is definitely not impressive. However, Jeff is pretty pleasant.
If you are looking for an esthetician program, I would not recommend them.
FYI, their "spa" is in the basement, and it seems more like a dark warehouse than a salon.
I suggest they improve their attitudes and focus on improving their own program rather than talking trash about others.
mom of student

South Jordan, UT

#28 Aug 25, 2012
I noticed my last post has been deleated. Also I notice my first post has the address of Ogden, which is incorrect.I am in Salt Lake City
I e mailed the school with my complaint of my student NOT receiving her student loan funds HER money SHE has to repay. They have not responded.
This is their way. Ignore what is important. We fought for her funds all the way through that horrid school. She has graduated last MAY she passed her boards AND has her licence, but not her last two student loan checks..!!! And she is not the only student having to go through this!
REALLY PEOPLE!
AND I know for a fact that some of these posts are planted as I personally heard students talking about being asked by staff to post some good things abut the school.... I don't trust the people who own/run this place...DISHONEST!
slc88

Aurora, CO

#29 Aug 28, 2012
This school is under investigation for pell grant fraud the people are dishonest u need to get an attorney and report them to fasfa when i went to sign up wendy told me she needed my fasfa password so she could get on and add them as my school thst is illegal to ask for that info!!! Report them ASAP
mom of student wrote:
I noticed my last post has been deleated. Also I notice my first post has the address of Ogden, which is incorrect.I am in Salt Lake City
I e mailed the school with my complaint of my student NOT receiving her student loan funds HER money SHE has to repay. They have not responded.
This is their way. Ignore what is important. We fought for her funds all the way through that horrid school. She has graduated last MAY she passed her boards AND has her licence, but not her last two student loan checks..!!! And she is not the only student having to go through this!
REALLY PEOPLE!
AND I know for a fact that some of these posts are planted as I personally heard students talking about being asked by staff to post some good things abut the school.... I don't trust the people who own/run this place...DISHONEST!
mom of student

Salt Lake City, UT

#30 Oct 28, 2012
Well,it's the end of Otober, my student graduated and got her license in May. She jut received her last student loan chck from the school and that was only after repeated calls and calls and calls.....
One students dad had to go into the ofice and make a scene before his student was given her money. I can't beg people enough...DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL.
They are not trustworthy. Will promise you anything to get you to sign on the dotted line and you receive NOTHING worth the stress this school gives out. Formal complaints are being made o the proper autorities. What a rip off thi school is!
Glad to be rid o them!
Former Unhappy Student

Dodge City, KS

#31 Mar 3, 2013
This is hilarious. I was reading through all these post and they are ALL true. The bad ones anyways. I was going in very serious about my education and they had me fooled from the beginning. The entire school is a joke. I mostly sat in a huge classroom all day long because they never had anything planned for us. If we didn't have clients we had NOTHING to learn/study/ect all day everday. And I was lucky to get 1 client a day because no one gets their hair done there. It was like going to high school all over again, but worse. I will not name names, but the only instructor who knew what they were doing to the slightest was the freshman instructor. All the others would talk you out of the color the client wanted because it was "too hard to mix" pppffftt. And none of them took the time to answer you Q's. One in particular was more into her cell phone and the gossip then helping me with a haircut on a real CLIENT. Not to mention there was never enough product to be shared, you couldn't ever find hairspray, styling gel, make-up, perm rods, and ect. because they are cheap-o's. They owed me money out of my student loans that they keep saying they would give me, and I haven't seen a dime of it, and now I'M stuck paying them back what I really don't owe. I would recommend no one go here because they really don't care to teach the important stuff and the students will be guessing everything because that's what they were "taught" by "professionals". Now i'm going to a different school to finish my education and the changes are a night and day difference. Do your research people! Please!
JSO19

Salt Lake City, UT

#32 Oct 3, 2013
I attended this school for 2 weeks and went through the process to withdrawl, well within the time to decide to change your mind and this was in 2010. Now, I have a lawyer saying I owe them $2000 and I didn't even attend this school! Anyone else had any similar experiences? Anyone remember the name of Wendy's husband who handled financial aid with her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Mar 28 kristen 24
News Golden retriever bill defeated Mar 13 laura 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Sandy (Nov '13) Feb '15 Lonee Tapia 24
News Weilenmann fills assistant principal position -... (Sep '11) Feb '15 kartoffel 7
gary wayne jasper penn (Aug '14) Aug '14 miss jasper 1
Debate: Marijuana - Sandy, UT (Jan '11) Aug '14 jonporter 21
Review: Crossroads Fitness (Jul '10) Jul '14 Lauren 10
Sandy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sandy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]