Wallet lost in 1941 returned to WWII vet

Wallet lost in 1941 returned to WWII vet

There are 11 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Wallet lost in 1941 returned to WWII vet. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

It took 69 years, but a World War II veteran from Sandy, Utah, finally has his wallet back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

chet

Clifton Park, NY

#1 Jun 3, 2010
Wonder how many tax payer dollars went into this great feat.
Proud vet

Altamont, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2010
chet wrote:
Wonder how many tax payer dollars went into this great feat.
If you were in this room with me right now you would be sporting a black eye, son.

But it's okay, go ahead and shoot your mouth off. Don't stop to think for one second about what gives you the right to do so.

You sicken me.
chet

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Jun 3, 2010
Proud vet wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were in this room with me right now you would be sporting a black eye, son.
But it's okay, go ahead and shoot your mouth off. Don't stop to think for one second about what gives you the right to do so.
You sicken me.
What in the hell makes you think for one minute that I am not a proud Vet?
Chickie Poo

United States

#4 Jun 3, 2010
Proud vet wrote:
<quoted text>
You sicken me.
Hooray for your response!!!
whatever

Merrimack, NH

#5 Jun 3, 2010
chet wrote:
<quoted text>What in the hell makes you think for one minute that I am not a proud Vet?
So what. It is possible to be a vet AND an idiot. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive

Since: Aug 08

Lee. MA

#6 Jun 3, 2010
If any tax dollars went into this they were better spent than giving them to illegals or welfare rats. My father was a WWII vet and I know how much pleasure the memories of his friends and events gave him before he passed away. I'm glad they never gave up the search to find this gentleman.
ANTI CHET

Albany, NY

#7 Jun 4, 2010
The government doesnt do enough for the vets as it is. Why complain about this.
chet

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Jun 4, 2010
First off let me say that my wording was way off in my post yesterday. secondly what p****s me off is another panty waist lawer politician with zero military service riding the heels of vets like my self to stay in there cushy do nothing jobs blowing tax payer dollars. I apologize to fellow vets. And for those who may Question my service back ground, in the winter of 1968 I was hunkered down for 69 days on a hilltop 2 klicks south of KSCB [Kasan combat base} with my platoon and 12 other south vietnamese soldiers trading small rounds with the vietcong till we ran out.
Ghost of Charlie

Altamont, NY

#9 Jun 4, 2010
chet wrote:
First off let me say that my wording was way off in my post yesterday. secondly what p****s me off is another panty waist lawer politician with zero military service riding the heels of vets like my self to stay in there cushy do nothing jobs blowing tax payer dollars. I apologize to fellow vets. And for those who may Question my service back ground, in the winter of 1968 I was hunkered down for 69 days on a hilltop 2 klicks south of KSCB [Kasan combat base} with my platoon and 12 other south vietnamese soldiers trading small rounds with the vietcong till we ran out.
I believe you, Chet.

Every vet looking at that story would immediately think of lawyers and government bureaucrats.

Hey, you wanna meet my wife, Morgan Fairchild? Yeah, that's the ticket.
thankful

Easthampton, MA

#10 Jun 4, 2010
chet wrote:
...good thing you didn't lose your wallet
god

Merrimack, NH

#11 Jun 4, 2010
chet wrote:
Your're forgiven, but you're still a doooshbag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
weak Jul '15 JMC 2
fourth Jul '15 Rebel Fighter 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Sandy (Nov '13) Jul '15 MAC 25
#Legit #pain n #anxiety meds Jul '15 fisherman 2
methadone withdrawal (Jul '11) Mar '15 Done with methadone 28
News Weilenmann fills assistant principal position -... (Sep '11) Feb '15 kartoffel 7
gary wayne jasper penn (Aug '14) Aug '14 miss jasper 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sandy Mortgages