Oregon high school shooting: Clackama...

Oregon high school shooting: Clackamas Town Center victims' families again call for gun control a...

There are 19 comments on the OregonLive.com story from Jun 10, 2014, titled Oregon high school shooting: Clackamas Town Center victims' families again call for gun control a.... In it, OregonLive.com reports that:

News of the shooting Tuesday at Reynolds High School in Troutdale brought Paul Kemp back to the day his brother-in-law, Steve Forsyth, was shot at the Clackamas Town Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OregonLive.com.

The Jinn

Tampa, FL

#1 Jun 11, 2014
No more gun laws. We call the shots now. Sorry your family members were gunned down like groveling dogs begging for mercy, but it raises a question: Did any if them have a weapon on them the day they died OR did they each walk out of the house that morning assuming their safety was the responsibility of others? This is a question a field mouse instinctively knows the answer to. Your safety is your own responsibility and no one else's. Yet having neglected to arm themselves they were killed and now the law abiding gun owners should give up their rights because of their negligence........sorry, but no.
Jagermann

Wenatchee, WA

#2 Jun 16, 2014
If any psycho wants to mass murder where I'll be it will result in a swift bullet to their head. The problem is that the mass majority of these killings happen in "gun free zones" or "victim disarmament zones" where the killer knows that nobody will be able to defend themselves. They want to kill as many defenseless people as possible to gain fame. Instead of stopping this and stopping these killers in their tracks the liberal left insists on more gun free zones and making it even easier for mass murderers to inflict damage. It doesn't make any sense.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Jun 17, 2014
Jagermann wrote:
The problem is that the mass majority of these killings happen in "gun free zones" or "victim disarmament zones" where the killer knows that nobody will be able to defend themselves.
This is a false statement. Look up the facts.

----------

62 mass shootings in the United States, from 1982 through 2012.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/m...

----------

The "mass majority" were NOT in gun free zones.

I know it's emotionally satisfying to believe that reality conforms to your beliefs about guns and killings, but the facts simply don't support your beliefs in this case.
Jagermann

Wenatchee, WA

#4 Jun 17, 2014
Actually it looks like most of those are in gun free zone establishments. Schools, military bases, or places that ban people from carrying guns like in California.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Jun 17, 2014
Jagermann wrote:
Actually it looks like most of those are in gun free zone establishments. Schools, military bases, or places that ban people from carrying guns like in California.
If it looks that way to you, you are even more delusional than I originally thought.

The correct answer is not "most." The correct answer is "a small fraction."

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#6 Jun 21, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
If it looks that way to you, you are even more delusional than I originally thought.
So Dan, have you ever responded or disagreed with someone without the childish personal attacks?

Actually the correct answer is indeed "MOST" killings happen in "gun free zones" or "victim disarmament zones"

You conveniently ignored the "victim disarmament zones" and cherry picked your point.

How Dan of you.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Jun 23, 2014
Independent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So Dan, have you ever responded or disagreed with someone without the childish personal attacks?
Yes, in every single post ... right up to the point where the other person abandons civil discourse in favor of childish personal attacks. At that point I'm free to play by the rules they've chosen.

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#8 Jun 23, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in every single post ... right up to the point where the other person abandons civil discourse in favor of childish personal attacks. At that point I'm free to play by the rules they've chosen.
Load of crap Dan.
Show where Jagermann "abandoned civil discourse in favor of childish personal attacks."

I believe that honor is all on your delusional little mind, Dan.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Jun 23, 2014
Independent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Load of crap Dan.
Show where Jagermann "abandoned civil discourse in favor of childish personal attacks."
I believe that honor is all on your delusional little mind, Dan.
LOL! Under which alias, son?

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Jun 23, 2014
Independent1 wrote:
Actually the correct answer is indeed "MOST" killings happen in "gun free zones" or "victim disarmament zones"
You conveniently ignored the "victim disarmament zones" and cherry picked your point.
How Dan of you.
Which ones?

I didn't cherry pick anything. I listed ALL mass shootings since 1982. Which ones do you claim were in gun free zones?

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#12 Jun 23, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
LOL! Under which alias, son?
It shouldn't be too hard for you to find, Dan. There were only 4 posts in the thread before your childish personal attack.

Which one "abandoned civil discourse in favor of childish personal attacks?"
Besides yours that is.

LOL

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#13 Jun 23, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Which ones?
I didn't cherry pick anything. I listed ALL mass shootings since 1982. Which ones do you claim were in gun free zones?
So once again you cherry pick.......you ignore "victim disarmament zones"
That would be places that don't want guns on their property, even though it would be legal to carry there.

You cherry pick the places, like only gun free zones.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Jun 23, 2014
Independent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It shouldn't be too hard for you to find, Dan. There were only 4 posts in the thread before your childish personal attack.
Which one "abandoned civil discourse in favor of childish personal attacks?"
Besides yours that is.
LOL
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Or else you're just lying.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jun 23, 2014
Independent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again you cherry pick.......you ignore "victim disarmament zones"
That would be places that don't want guns on their property, even though it would be legal to carry there.
You cherry pick the places, like only gun free zones.
Victim disarmament zones. LMAO!

I guess when the facts don't go your way, you have to make up a new set to try to justify your nonsense.

That's the problem with your faith-based belief - the facts of reality have no impact on it, and when the facts get too inconvenient, you just invent a new category to use to dismiss them.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Jun 23, 2014
The NRA Myth of Gun-Free Zones

Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. To the contrary, in many of the cases there was clearly another motive for the choice of location.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/g...

But I'm sure there's a faith-based reason why these facts of reality aren't relevant either. LOL!

“The beard faded...”

Since: May 14

to 62 shades of gray

#17 Jun 23, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Or else you're just lying.
Once again you got nothing, so you deflect with your inane accusations, how Dan of you.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Jun 23, 2014
Independent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you got nothing, so you deflect with your inane accusations, how Dan of you.
No friend, you've got nothing. All I did was mock you for it.

If you're going to accuse me of something, at least TRY to back up your claim with evidence. Accusing me of deflection for mocking you is simply YOUR deflection from the fact that your accusation is baseless.
Claire

Portland, OR

#20 Oct 12, 2015
The Jinn wrote:
No more gun laws. We call the shots now. Sorry your family members were gunned down like groveling dogs begging for mercy, but it raises a question: Did any if them have a weapon on them the day they died OR did they each walk out of the house that morning assuming their safety was the responsibility of others? This is a question a field mouse instinctively knows the answer to. Your safety is your own responsibility and no one else's. Yet having neglected to arm themselves they were killed and now the law abiding gun owners should give up their rights because of their negligence........sorry, but no.
I just want to say thank you for your post. What most people do not realize is that there IS an agenda to steal the guns. They ARE using our children and they will stop at nothing to get their way. Once the guns are taken away, what do you suppose they will do? We will have an official U.N. takeover that WILL completely destroy what is left of America. Many do not understand the peril we live in. God Bless everyone who is awake and ready to fight for what is left of our country.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 Oct 13, 2015
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
No friend, you've got nothing. All I did was mock you for it.
If you're going to accuse me of something, at least TRY to back up your claim with evidence. Accusing me of deflection for mocking you is simply YOUR deflection from the fact that your accusation is baseless.
Could this be or "friend" truth and facts?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Columbia Pain & Spine (Sep '11) Jun 30 upurs247 2
News Portland homelessness: Bleeding-heart liberal i... Jun '16 Who Knows Joe__ 4
News Oregon City's newest heroes: Clackamas Fire Hil... Apr '16 flood gates 1
News Postcards from the past Feb '16 Uncle Sam 2
Review: Mayotte, Greg (Sep '08) Feb '16 Camasmom 123
Gresham Auto Buyer says phone lines are busy (Jan '16) Jan '16 Bambam 1
man Arrested for Video'ing Police Raid (Sep '14) Jan '16 Bambam 3

Sandy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sandy Mortgages