Beating victim considers suing TriMet, Gresham

There are 5 comments on the The Oregonian story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Beating victim considers suing TriMet, Gresham. In it, The Oregonian reports that:

“I just have to do what I have to do. That's it”

The lawyer representing Laurie Chilcote, the 71-year-old Sandy man beaten over the weekend at a MAX station, said Tuesday that he may file civil lawsuits against TriMet and the city of Gresham. via The Oregonian

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Oregonian.

Truthbknown

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Nov 9, 2007
FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!! A LOT OF TALK AND NO DO FROM THE WHOLE TRIMET CO. I KNOW PERSONALLY A HANDICAP MAN THAT RELIES EXCLUSIVELY ON TRIMET MAX. I BELIEVE IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THIS MAN IS BEATEN ALSO. VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF LAURIE CHILCOTE. I AM SICK THAT THIS HAPPENED TO HIM. JUST SICK TO MY STOMACH FOR HIM AND ALL OTHERS WHO INNOCENTLY "TRUST" TRIMET....THE PORTLAND TRANSPORTATION MOGUL. HE COULD HAVE DIED AND THOSE THAT WERE INVOLVED WOULD GET WAY TO SMALL OF PUNISHMENT. SUE TRIMET FOR UNSAFE ENVIRONMENTS AND LACK OF PERSONNEL MONITORING THE FREAKS THAT GET ON IT. PLEASE PROCEED. LAURIE WILL NEED MEDICAL CARE AFTER THIS, IF ONLY PSYCHOLOGICAL. THANK YOU
Inspired

Portland, OR

#2 Nov 11, 2007
I support this
Cold Hearted

Portland, OR

#3 Nov 12, 2007
I'm sorry that I'm so cold hearted, but lawsuits against Trimet will only ramp up the price of bus and MAX tickets and other Trimet related expenses. What should really be done is an effort to put permanent law enforcement officers on the cars of the MAX. A price increase for the public transportation system will only result in more people taking their comfortable iCars to work. One man's misadventure should not spell the decline of public transportation availability.
anonymous

Portland, OR

#4 Nov 16, 2007
i think its good that he is suing them, i recently had a scary experience as well similar to that but not AS serious, in the same area too...hmm...suspicious!
NFINITE

Portland, OR

#5 Nov 18, 2007
Catch your ass beating and move on its 2007 look at our society. Penny pinching jew.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oregon man accused of stealing bikes, goat too Mar '15 Suezanne 9
News 'Boyhood' and 'Blackhat': Last Chance Movies fo... Feb '15 Toby 2
Tyson mackay's family and friends washing his a... (Dec '06) Feb '15 that one chick 50
News West Linn businessman David Emami, caught in pa... Feb '15 ballsdeepppp 1
News Young Sandy T-ball team's shirts drawing fire (Apr '13) Apr '13 portland 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Sandy who have had t... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
News Things to do in Happy Valley, Boring, Clackamas... (Feb '13) Feb '13 u s a 2
More from around the web

Sandy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]