proud of elliott co

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Isn't it great to live in Elliott Co? People are friendly , traffic allways stops for a funeral, and frends are there when you need them.
hill billy jill

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

proud of elliott co wrote:
Isn't it great to live in Elliott Co? People are friendly , traffic allways stops for a funeral, and frends are there when you need them.
i just moved here almost a year ago, i am from morgan co. and i tell you what people in elliott co buisnesses is SO MUCH FRIENDLIER than west liberty no matter who you are they are not as bad over here to look down their noses at you. i would love to make some friends, as im a little lonley. i would like to become involved in something maybe voleenter? i dont know, im a 35 year old female i love my new little town. any ideas for me
lassie

Campton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

hill billy jill wrote:
<quoted text> i just moved here almost a year ago, i am from morgan co. and i tell you what people in elliott co buisnesses is SO MUCH FRIENDLIER than west liberty no matter who you are they are not as bad over here to look down their noses at you. i would love to make some friends, as im a little lonley. i would like to become involved in something maybe voleenter? i dont know, im a 35 year old female i love my new little town. any ideas for me
depends.
shocked

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2008

lol omg Lassie... you're such a dog!!!

Since: Oct 08

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

Elliott County is a great place to live. You have to watch gosepers (dont think I spelled that right) but besides that I love it here.
just a thought

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

I liked it till I got called " bud " a few minutes ago...( teasing EC resident ) Anyway.. I was " imported " here from a big city... No I did NOT like it at all at first... wanted to move back so bad I could not stand it!! It was Culture Shock!!! Now that I have child, and neighbors call to just let you know they saw your dog running down the road or that your cattle is loose, or just to say Hey... haven't seen ya in a while... you doing ok ... means ALOT!! Or letting your children play in the front yard with out major concern....In general, EC is a pretty good county! I'm content.
Poor EC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

That is one of the great things about living here. We do have alot to be thankful for. We don't have the crime rate that the major cities have. There is always someone willing to lend a hand if you need anything. Everyone is friendly even if they talk about you like a dog when your back is turned. hahaha I wouldn't want to live in any other county.

Since: Oct 08

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

bub is not a negative term LOL
just a thought wrote:
I liked it till I got called " bud " a few minutes ago...( teasing EC resident ) Anyway.. I was " imported " here from a big city... No I did NOT like it at all at first... wanted to move back so bad I could not stand it!! It was Culture Shock!!! Now that I have child, and neighbors call to just let you know they saw your dog running down the road or that your cattle is loose, or just to say Hey... haven't seen ya in a while... you doing ok ... means ALOT!! Or letting your children play in the front yard with out major concern....In general, EC is a pretty good county! I'm content.
just a thought

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

Judged:

the " talking " is one thing you do have to grow a thick skin for... I encountered that my first 6mo. of living here... My husband grew up around here, and well liked, but I was the outsider that came in... Had a few mis conseptions and flat out lies told about me.... I mean where I came from... you hardly knew your neighbors name; let alone talk about them so personally ( even though completely fabricated ) other then maybe thier stereo too loud at 11pm on a Tuesday... But You get used to it, and you grow that "thicker skin" and go on... addopt the attitude if they are talking about you.. they are giving some one else a break!
easy rider

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

it is a great place to live i have lived here all my life and more than likly will be living here until death or until the Jesus returns to get his church
EC Resident

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Judged:

Love--Elliott County--most people who live here will help in anyway they can. If a loved one dies--people will cook and bring food--they help watch the kids and help you clean up---you can call local officals and ask for help and they do what they can. The local sheriff will find kids who are doing things they should not be doing and they take them home--have saved a many young kids from driving or riding with someone drinking. I would vote for Ronnie any day--he is a kind man. Many people in elliott county do the right thing--it is the few bad apples who give the county a bad name--it isn't the county that has problems it is some of the people who live there.
Tired of Hearing It

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Very well spoken, EC Resident!
just a thought

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Judged:

EC Resident wrote:
Love--Elliott County--most people who live here will help in anyway they can. If a loved one dies--people will cook and bring food--they help watch the kids and help you clean up---you can call local officals and ask for help and they do what they can. The local sheriff will find kids who are doing things they should not be doing and they take them home--have saved a many young kids from driving or riding with someone drinking. I would vote for Ronnie any day--he is a kind man. Many people in elliott county do the right thing--it is the few bad apples who give the county a bad name--it isn't the county that has problems it is some of the people who live there.
True True.. there is a lot of slander on here about Ronnie etc... tell ya what though.. Not many town's in the U.S. has a sherrif that will come and unlock your truck @ home when ya dumb ass left the keys in it from the night before LOL
( i was soo embarrassed )
elliott

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Elliott County. How many people will get up and go in at 2 in the morning if you have an emergency and need gas.. Almost any one who owns a gas station in Elliott will do this. Not, many places like elliott. Love it
proud of elliott co

Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2008

Just want to thank everyone for the good comments that have been posted. This is the only one that I have seen that only has good ones on it. And Elliott Co. has a lot of good people in it.I enjoy hearing about the good people and the good things they do.
Great Place

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2008

Elliott County is a wonderful place. 90 percent of the people are goog people. Every county has people that have issues . Over all it is the greatest place in the world. You can call people any time day/night they will come to help you.
Having money problems the church will take up money to help or some group of good people will have a fund raiser for ya.
Not many places left in this world that you can say that about. Stick up for Elliott County and don't address people who are negative. People won't argue with themselves

Also, just wanted to say that we Love you teachers and think you are working hard for our kids.
To all leaders of our schools ..Keep up the good work.. You are helping our kids be future leaders
sandy hook

Sandy Hook, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

great county
herman

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

i like elliott co. if u dont then move
Elliott County

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

It is a good place to live...but it is good to get away every now and then. But overall there is no place like Elliott County.
elliott

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

I was raised in Ohio and moved here when I was about 12. I hated it!! But now you couldn't pay me to leave. Not only is it beautiful here but also most of the people are great! I was going to a graveyard after a funeral once and even the bad eggs around here had enough sense to pull over and show their respect. In the sad situation I couldn't help but smile. You just never see such a thing happen in Ohio. Every car we meet stop. I though to myself, those people had somewhere to go but they stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Sandy Hook Forum right now

Search the Sandy Hook Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Mike Duquette 122,679
Tea party the American Taliban 5 min well 8
vote casey out 7 min whats happening? 20
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 14 min imposter 81,197
Being Christian 27 min Judy 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min freelancehobo 138,559
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Monsenor Fidel Tubino 16,066
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sandy Hook Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sandy Hook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance