Renters Association

Posted in the Sandy Hook Forum

Tired of Trash

Sandy Hook, KY

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Has anyone thought of starting a list of previous renters who have destroyed property, not paid their rent, left all their trash for the landlord to clean up, thieves, meth labs and etc. This would make it easier to rent property in Elliott County and not be stuck with a bunch of dead beat renters.
school

West Liberty, KY

#2 Jan 14, 2012
Who is going to pay the bill to have that dun in aney county?Pluss there is always two sides to every storey,See what i am geting at but what you say would be great to have someone keep track of all that.
What About

West Liberty, KY

#3 Jan 15, 2012
You know what about those dead beat land lords that won't fix anything even though they collect your rent every month.
year 2011

West Liberty, KY

#4 Jan 15, 2012
What About wrote:
You know what about those dead beat land lords that won't fix anything even though they collect your rent every month.
best bet is to moveout, and find a better place
Lulu

West Liberty, KY

#5 Jan 15, 2012
The landlords would probably be a lot more willing to do repairs, paint, fix plumbing if the renters didn't take the attitude that "it's not mine, so why should I care?" They seem to think that landlords have plenty of money, so they can trash a place and the owners will have the money to fix it. Problem with that theory is, if ALL the renters are thinking that way, it'd take every dime the landlords make to make repairs! And, before anyone accuses me of being a landlord, I'm not. Just someone who has seen & heard the "renter attitude" before.
Sabrina

West Liberty, KY

#6 Jan 18, 2012
Who cares about paint on a wall. If the rental property needs something major fixed, pluming heating-air, it is the land lords RESPONSABILITY to fix it. I know a couple who paid $450 a month and went without heating and air for over a year because the land lord REFUSED to fix it. Everyone is so quick to say "why don't you just move". It takes money to move with. Not many people can afford to keep up with their bills and save money to move also.
FYI

Sandy Hook, KY

#7 Jan 18, 2012
Sabrina wrote:
Who cares about paint on a wall. If the rental property needs something major fixed, pluming heating-air, it is the land lords RESPONSABILITY to fix it. I know a couple who paid $450 a month and went without heating and air for over a year because the land lord REFUSED to fix it. Everyone is so quick to say why don't you just move". It takes money to move with. Not many people can afford to keep up with their bills and save money to move also.
If you are on HUD than report it to the authorities. They will make them fix it or they will loose their tenant. There are other places to rent where the landlord does fix any problems. Yes, it is hard to find places to rent if you have been involved in any type action that has had the police involved or you have left a previous home without paying bills or a mess for someone else to clean up. Word travels fast in a small community like ours when a landlord has been done wrong by a renter who has cheated, lied, messy, mistreated their children, living with someone's dead-beat dad or mother, and alcohol and drugs involved. Some of these acts need to be cleaned up before you start trying to rent or nobody will rent to you.
pup3231

West Liberty, KY

#8 Jan 19, 2012
there is to sides to every story
fellow renter

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Mar 22, 2012
This is the reason renters have so many issues because they up and leave and do not hold the landlord accountable for his/her actions. Yes, you have those deadbeats, but like the old saying goes, one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. There is a landlord/tenant Act that every state has, but you still have the Federal Rules and Regulations as well.
You have good/bad renters, as well as good/bad landlords. Each still have their responsibilities.
According to Kentucky Law KRS 383.590 the Landlord is REQUIRED to adhere to all building/housing codes that affect health and safety. Which include any laws or regulations pertaining to the habitability, construction, maintenance, occupancy, use, or appearance of the dwelling unit.
Make ALL repairs to put/maintain the premises in a fit/habitable manner. Keep common areas of premise clean and safe. Maintain in good working order and condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities and appliances supplied or required to be supplied by the landlord. Supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water and reasonable heat from 10/1 to 5/1 (unless the tenant has control over this supply)(you pay your own electric) The KRS goes on look up KRS 383.545, KRS 383.585, KRS 383.610.
You all know this area is as crooked as they come. Judges do not care. In my opinion, if you are a bad renter, accept your responsibility as a tenant, pay your rent and pay it on time and keep the rental as if it was yours( this is a reference that will follow you for a very long time)and if you are a landlord, if you can't afford to maintain your property as you are required to do so under the KRS codes, then either sell or find a suitable property management firm and accept your responsibilities as well. You expect the renter to live up to their end of the agreement and the tenant expects you to live up to your end of the agreement also. A tenant has more rights than they know. Just do your research. But like I said in the beginning, this area is just so darn crooked. Money talks and Bull crap walks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Hook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa read this (duh) (Nov '08) 5 hr tater 9
Tj Eldridge 8 hr haha 5
social workers need to see the county for how i... 15 hr Serving Elliott co 1
Whos the seboxin heads in sandy hook 20 hr No bs kinda gal 9
How ur relationship gonin good bad or single Sun single one guy 1
Most saddest person in elliott co Sun Qualude 13
who do u trust n sandyhook Sun Pork and Beans 2
Sandy Hook Dating
Find my Match

Sandy Hook Jobs