Why is this so hard?

Why is this so hard?

There are 60 comments on the CNN story from Apr 10, 2013, titled Why is this so hard?. In it, CNN reports that:

Candles burn next to a lighted tree at a makeshift shrine in Newtown, Connecticut, commemorating the victims of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

amc

Quezon City, Philippines

#22 Apr 11, 2013
my fellow filipinos. i am not a flip

hahahahahaha

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#23 Apr 11, 2013
myth wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you ? And why doesn't your proxy show up ? LOL welcome to Club Anonymous Proxy .
So, tell us... why doesn't your ISP show up?
myth

Francesville, IN

#24 Apr 11, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell us... why doesn't your ISP show up?
Because it, like I , am myth ?

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#25 Apr 12, 2013
It's getting old, stooge.

Are you ma just because I reprinted your post from one of the Topix gay lifestyle threads?
amc wrote:
I've been living in this shithole for far too long now and know better than most what is out there and i have yet to find a real man who knows how to act like one. what is it going to take to find someone who can take care of me in every way possible? i do not want to have to go back to Thailand. help!
Is that why you live in Manila? Good luck hunting for your new boyfriend, fluffer.

New Madrid, MO

#26 Apr 12, 2013
myth wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you ? And why doesn't your proxy show up ? LOL welcome to Club Anonymous Proxy .
My ISP randomly does this.
Toskali

Greenville, NC

#27 Apr 12, 2013
Remember when you first came here I didn't know the directions to my own house? Why do you like making us both look stupid?

Since: Apr 13

United States

#28 Apr 12, 2013
This is an emotional and inspirational call for bipartisan unity. My friend just uploaded!

"Dedicated to the children, teachers and families of Sandy Hook; WE CHOOSE LOVE.

"For What it's Worth" is a song originally written and recorded by the 1960's band, "Buffalo Springfield." I rewrote a few lyrics with the intent of focusing on the issue of violence against our children. I hope that I have still honored the integrity of the original song, as powerful as it will always be."

Here is the YouTube link:

http://youtu.be/IXGODm2emVw
random

Francesville, IN

#29 Apr 12, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
My ISP randomly does this.
Please let's not drag my name into this .
Alive

Lafayette, LA

#30 Apr 12, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
It is always interesting to see people ignore the questions they are afraid to answer.
How do background checks prevent legally entitled people to obtain firearms?Qoute)

Because in the bill of rights it says nothing about needing a background check. It's a rights thing!

Qoute "What capacity magazine is necessary for you to defend yourself?
Should American adults have access to any type of firearm available?
Should American citizens have the right to buy armor piercing rounds? Explosive rounds? Incendiary rounds?
Take your time.
The reason we the 2nd Amendment is given was so citizens could legally be armned to protect themselves from a bad government. So citizens should be allowed to own any weapon that is offered to its military. If not then the citizen then becomes out gunned.

#31 Apr 13, 2013
Alive wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason we the 2nd Amendment is given was so citizens could legally be armned to protect themselves from a bad government. So citizens should be allowed to own any weapon that is offered to its military. If not then the citizen then becomes out gunned.
Your answer borders on the insane.
When the amendment was written,'arms' referred to muzzle loaders. Get a couple of those if you feel so insecure. If you fear the government, move.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#32 Apr 13, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer borders on the insane.
When the amendment was written,'arms' referred to muzzle loaders. Get a couple of those if you feel so insecure. If you fear the government, move.
Spoken like a true American. LOL! I'm sure the founders would be proud of your suggestions if they were alive today.

#33 Apr 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true American. LOL! I'm sure the founders would be proud of your suggestions if they were alive today.
You are probably right. Most of you are probably not aware that Thomas Jefferson proposed that the original laws of the nation be revisited often. He wrote extensively about the need to keep things fluid and contemporary.

It is truly funny that some fools believe they should have access to whatever weaponry the military has. Beyond the fact that they have no training to handle such, liability and egregious conduct are also forgotten factors in their lunacy.

If you need a gun to defend yourself you are probably in need of tampons.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34 Apr 13, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
It is always interesting to see people ignore the questions they are afraid to answer.
How do background checks prevent legally entitled people to obtain firearms?
What capacity magazine is necessary for you to defend yourself?
Should American adults have access to any type of firearm available?
Should American citizens have the right to buy armor piercing rounds? Explosive rounds? Incendiary rounds?
Take your time.
Thank you, I will.

Ever hear that marijuana is a gateway drug? Well background checks are gateway legislation. Liberals have been successful with their agendas because they very patiently use increments to get their desired goal.

I remember when they said they would be happy if we just outlawed smoking in movie theaters. Today, you can't even smoke on the street in some places. I remember when they said they would be happy if gays were only allowed out of the closet. Now they are adopting children and fighting to have gay marriage recognized by our federal government. I remember when they said they would be happy if we removed lead out of gasoline. Today, American households pay thousands in hidden environmental costs, and environmentalists only want more.

What magazine capacity is necessary to defend yourself? Depends on several factors. How far away is your attacker? What kind of weapon do they have? How good of a shot are you at X amount of feet? How many attackers are you facing?

To illustrate my points, I am providing you with two links: The one link is a story about a woman who hid in a closet with her two children and her revolver after she heard somebody breaking into their home. When the intruder went into the closet where they were hiding, she unloaded her revolver which was five shots. The intruder lived. Good thing he didn't bring several of his friends. The second is a demonstration how quickly a shooter can change a magazine. The shooter has one round in each magazine:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hi...

Yes they should if criminals are using such ammunition against them.

#35 Apr 13, 2013
It is ironic that some believe that the Constitution should be inviolate yet forget that changes to it are not only necessary but embraced!

Slavery and sufferage some to mind as examples of mistakes made by the founding fathers.

I noted this thread to a colleague and he asked a question that I know will give some of you fits. If your neighbors all have high capacity, military grade weaponry/ordinance and decide to band together to take your property, should the government come rescue you? After all, if you cannot afford the state of the art that others have you will be swallowed up by those who do.

Take your time.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#36 Apr 13, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right. Most of you are probably not aware that Thomas Jefferson proposed that the original laws of the nation be revisited often. He wrote extensively about the need to keep things fluid and contemporary.
It is truly funny that some fools believe they should have access to whatever weaponry the military has. Beyond the fact that they have no training to handle such, liability and egregious conduct are also forgotten factors in their lunacy.
If you need a gun to defend yourself you are probably in need of tampons.
I am a black belt in karate who understands that there is no defense against somebody with a gun. We were taught that in training and it's basic common sense. If you are in an unfortunate situation where you are attacked by somebody with a gun, you can use a tampon if you like. As for myself, I'll use my trusty 9mm and gun the SOB down.

Now where do you live exactly where there are no criminals who use guns? Sounds like a nice place.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#37 Apr 13, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
It is ironic that some believe that the Constitution should be inviolate yet forget that changes to it are not only necessary but embraced!
Slavery and sufferage some to mind as examples of mistakes made by the founding fathers.
I noted this thread to a colleague and he asked a question that I know will give some of you fits. If your neighbors all have high capacity, military grade weaponry/ordinance and decide to band together to take your property, should the government come rescue you? After all, if you cannot afford the state of the art that others have you will be swallowed up by those who do.
Take your time.
I'll answer a question with a question: if the federal government comes to your house to take your land, would you not want armed neighbors like that????

The founders realized that times would change and so should our Constitution. That's why they included an amendment process. After all, if we decide to change the Constitution simply because some of us "feel" it's outdated without a process of some kind, then what's the point of having a constitution???

#38 Apr 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a black belt in karate who understands that there is no defense against somebody with a gun. We were taught that in training and it's basic common sense. If you are in an unfortunate situation where you are attacked by somebody with a gun, you can use a tampon if you like. As for myself, I'll use my trusty 9mm and gun the SOB down.
Now where do you live exactly where there are no criminals who use guns? Sounds like a nice place.
Thank you for dong exactly as expected. You subscribe to the "I need more firepower than the other guy" mentality. That cycle is self perpetuating and you have no end game for it. So, let's have some fun. You need a handgun to feel safe. Okay, if you pass the background checks you have the legal right to purchase one. Now, your neighbor, who antagonizes and threatens you at every turn, gets a much more powerful gun. His has a laser sight, large capacity magazine and he has Teflon coated rounds in it. Still feel safe?

Stooge.

I have seen combat in three different continents. I have walked among people who carry fully automatic weapons openly. They do not feel safer - they yearn for a place where no one has a need to possess them.

I have witnessed what happens when untrained, unregulated stooges feel compelled to arm themselves. You call that utopia?

#39 Apr 13, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer a question with a question: if the federal government comes to your house to take your land, would you not want armed neighbors like that????
As I assumed, you did not answer the question.

Still, I enjoy making small minds like you feel inferior. Why is it that when your party was leading the nation you ignored the act that they did far more to erode your rights than now? Are you that insecure as to believe that the government wants your property?

Get out the tin foil hats.
The founders realized that times would change and so should our Constitution. That's why they included an amendment process. After all, if we decide to change the Constitution simply because some of us "feel" it's outdated without a process of some kind, then what's the point of having a constitution???
Again, you stepped right into the trap. The government and the majority of sound minded adults want better background checks for the purchase of firearms. They have the right to change the law. You just attested to that.

Seriously, is that the best you can do?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#40 Apr 13, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
As I assumed, you did not answer the question.
Still, I enjoy making small minds like you feel inferior. Why is it that when your party was leading the nation you ignored the act that they did far more to erode your rights than now? Are you that insecure as to believe that the government wants your property?
Get out the tin foil hats.
<quoted text>
Again, you stepped right into the trap. The government and the majority of sound minded adults want better background checks for the purchase of firearms. They have the right to change the law. You just attested to that.
Seriously, is that the best you can do?
What rights did I lose when my party was in leadership? What rights did you lose? How about your friends of family? Be specific. And how many of those rights were restored when DumBama and the Democrats ran the House and Senate?

What I find amazing in your pretentious rants here are these amazing so-called traps you claim to have set. They are so clever, I still don't see them. LOL!

Okay kids, it's time for the word of the day:

infringe
verb [ trans.]
actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): making an unauthorized copy would infringe copyright.
act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on : his legal rights were being infringed |[ intrans.] I wouldn't infringe on his privacy
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#41 Apr 13, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for dong exactly as expected. You subscribe to the "I need more firepower than the other guy" mentality. That cycle is self perpetuating and you have no end game for it. So, let's have some fun. You need a handgun to feel safe. Okay, if you pass the background checks you have the legal right to purchase one. Now, your neighbor, who antagonizes and threatens you at every turn, gets a much more powerful gun. His has a laser sight, large capacity magazine and he has Teflon coated rounds in it. Still feel safe?
Stooge.
I have seen combat in three different continents. I have walked among people who carry fully automatic weapons openly. They do not feel safer - they yearn for a place where no one has a need to possess them.
I have witnessed what happens when untrained, unregulated stooges feel compelled to arm themselves. You call that utopia?
You see, here we agree. I wish I lived in a country where firearms were not needed. It's a pain in the azz to strap on that shoulder holster, stuff my gun in it, and have to be careful every time I sit down so I don't unsnap the the snap on my belt. The back holster is no better. It digs into my back while driving or sitting down. In the summer time when I'm wearing tee shirts and have to bend over at the store to get an item from the lower shelf, the gun is then exposed to the rest of the customers. What a pain in the azz.

But the truth is I do live in a country where firearms are needed, and no law in the world will change that. When liberals can guarantee I will never be a victim of gun crime or violence, then you can have my gun. But they can't. They never will. In fact, not one legislation offered by the Democrats would have prevented one mass shooting.

You have to understand the Democrats. They are sneaky people. They know gun legislation won't stop the criminal from getting guns. They also know it would stop the law-biding citizen from getting guns to protect themselves. They have this all figured out ahead of time.

You see, Democrats will do anything to stay in power. Of course, they get that power from people that vote for them. One of their groups are victims. Victims love Democrats and Democrats love victims. In fact, they try to create more victims all the time. The more victims--the more potential Democrat votes.

So what happens when you disarm the innocent public, and empower the criminal? That's right, you created more victims. After all, if the people in the US were responsible and nobody was a victim, then who the hell needs Democrats???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Hook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) 21 hr Youraloser 474
News Megyn Kelly has drawn fire for interviewing con... Jun 19 totallydisgusted 1
News Man asleep behind wheel charged with DUI May 23 kosher nostra 5
News Appeals court upholds MD assault weapons ban May '17 payme 419
News Schools worker charged in thefts (May '08) May '17 Jose 239
News Paella franchise hits southwestern Connecticut May '17 America Gentleman... 2
Los Cat in Monroe, Ct. Apr '17 sns0710 1

Sandy Hook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sandy Hook Mortgages