Ridgefield teen's death ruled heroin overdose

Full story: NewsTimes.com 92
A 17-year-old Ridgefield youth died of a heroin overdose on Oct. 22, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said this week. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
NancyB

Farmington, CT

#1 Dec 11, 2008
Painkiller & Heroin Addiction help.

Buprenorphine is a medication when combined with therapy treats the medical condition of opioid addiction in the privacy of a doctor's office. FDA approved in 2002, this treatment has improved quality of life for patients and provided dignity to opiate addiction treatment.

The naabt.org Patient/Physician Matching System has connected 15,016 patients with at least one of the 2,270 participating physicians since 9/06.

This confidential System naabtList.org helps connect people addicted to opioids to doctors providing buprenorphine treatment. The free 24/7 service lets patients reach out for help anytime with privacy.

Patient registration is fast. A short list of questions helps match patients to physicians. All information is confidential residing on a secure server. Once the application is sent, emails are sent to physicians. The System then allows the physician to contact patients confidentially by email.

For information visit www.naabt.org

“"I've got ants in my pants!"”

Since: Dec 08

New Milford

#3 Dec 11, 2008
What a relief to see the first post is from someone saying something helpful. Good post.
chosen 1

Missoula, MT

#5 Dec 11, 2008
oh well
Freedom Fighter

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2008
chosen 1 wrote:
oh well
What kind of a post is that?? A little weak, don't ya think?

I'd figure you'd like to execute his parents, sibblings, or perhaps the family pet.
DUH

Westport, CT

#8 Dec 11, 2008
SATAN wrote:
we need to start to incurage these kids to smoke weed, and watch cheech & chong movies.
good wholesome fun.
obviously; you dropped out of school; loser! E-n-c-o-u-r-a-g-e...got it??
recession

Boston, MA

#9 Dec 11, 2008
tell the parents to cut back on there weekly allowance. the parents are at fault for not paying attention to the tell tale signs of drug user. if the parents dont give money, hey dont get drugs!!!
Oops

Westport, CT

#13 Dec 11, 2008
recession wrote:
tell the parents to cut back on there weekly allowance. the parents are at fault for not paying attention to the tell tale signs of drug user. if the parents dont give money, hey dont get drugs!!!
It only takes once. AT 17 he may not have used much or for long. Condolences to the parents. They don't need to hear some goon tell them its their fault. I'm sure they feel bad enough at this moment. How do you feel? Or are you able to?
Life is Interesting

Seymour, CT

#14 Dec 11, 2008
RIP-

To the first post, thank you for the helpful information.
To post #10, thank you for pointing out that it only takes once for something terrible to happen.

Drug use is all over. If your parents give you an allowance or NOT, people and kids will find the resources to buy drugs if that is what they are seeking.

I hate to say it, for once on the comments, it is nice to see more positive items then negative. If people keep posting not-naste items it might drive some of the others away!
BETHEL BOB

AOL

#15 Dec 11, 2008
"accidental heroin overdose, the state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said this week."

dID HE FALL ON THE NEEDLE??????
Always in rich towns

AOL

#16 Dec 11, 2008
It's always in the rich towns... New Canaan, Ridgefield, Newtown. Where they have the drug problems. Mom and Dad are loaded and shell out cash to junior unbeknownst to them that Junior is buying drugs.
Newtown Mom

AOL

#18 Dec 11, 2008
Its time that the courts started getting tough on the low level dealers that are in our towns. Many of them are busted over and over and get a slap on the wrist. They get their charges nolled or reduced or they get community service. And then they are back out on the street selling again. These may not seem like major dealers to the police but they are selling to our youth and they are killing them. Trying to get these lower dealers to turn in their suppliers isn't working and its not reducing the availability of drugs on the street. Follow the names of those busted and watch what they get. The News-Times should do a follow up on some of the latest arrests. What about the one at the River Bend Condominiums that had everyone up in the air about. What happened to those two dealers? A follow up would be nice. What about the arrest of the dealer who owned Valles Tattoo and was supposed to get 20 years. Why is he out after 5 and back in court for these charges again?
Our kids are dying and something has to be done.

“"I've got ants in my pants!"”

Since: Dec 08

New Milford

#19 Dec 11, 2008
Always in rich towns wrote:
It's always in the rich towns... New Canaan, Ridgefield, Newtown. Where they have the drug problems. Mom and Dad are loaded and shell out cash to junior unbeknownst to them that Junior is buying drugs.
Always? 98% pure and $10 a pop. Even you could afford that. A kid died and you are turning it into a class war. Nice.
A MOM

AOL

#21 Dec 11, 2008
First let me say that I am terribly sorry for the agony that this young mans parents are going through. Please remember that you didn't cause his addiction, you couldn't control his addiction and you surely could not have cured his addiction. My prayers are with you and your family at this time. To all other parents out there.......This could be you next. It is time to start taking back, take back our kids, and our neighborhoods. Don't believe that this is an isolated case and thank heaven it won't happen to me because it could. As the mother of a 22 year old heroin addict in the Danbury area, yes, it can happen to you. It did to me. Get involved. Read. Question.
Good support.....Nar-Anon but only Alanon in this area. A good article to read is this one.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/national/...

The most important thing is to remember that addiction is a disease and recovery is needed for both the addict and the family. Save yourself and your family. Save your neighborhood, your town, your community. Get involved one way or another.
Pay it forward

Middletown, CT

#22 Dec 12, 2008
They will get the supplier(s)... Ridgefield police do a pretty decent job of investigating and convicting, more so now that Tom Reynolds is Commissioner.
holy crap

Glastonbury, CT

#23 Dec 12, 2008
They snort it - thinking they won't get addicted - because they're not shooting up. BIG mistake. They will do ANYTHING to get their drugs. Prayers to the family and friends of this sad loss of life.
parent

Boston, MA

#25 Dec 12, 2008
As usual a ignorant fool brings town/class into something that extends beyond where the person is from. Drugs are everywhere, big cities, small rural towns, affluent ones. All pose a problem with unique approaches for each. First and foremost would be education and monitoring at home. Next at schools and local hang outs for kids. It wont be eradicated but in can be severely reduced. SEE THAT "ALWAYS IN RICH TOWNS" USE YOUR BRAIN AND YOU CAN COME OUT WITH INTELLIGENT COMMENTS.
sby

New Haven, CT

#26 Dec 12, 2008
BETHEL BOB wrote:
"accidental heroin overdose, the state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said this week."
dID HE FALL ON THE NEEDLE??????
Do you have a heart, Bob, or are you the grinch?
This is a kid we're talking about.
sby

New Haven, CT

#27 Dec 12, 2008
client_number_9 wrote:
we need to have the police take their safety's off...who's going to complain ?
another brilliant response...and how does this help?
sby

New Haven, CT

#28 Dec 12, 2008
A MOM wrote:
First let me say that I am terribly sorry for the agony that this young mans parents are going through. Please remember that you didn't cause his addiction, you couldn't control his addiction and you surely could not have cured his addiction. My prayers are with you and your family at this time. To all other parents out there.......This could be you next. It is time to start taking back, take back our kids, and our neighborhoods. Don't believe that this is an isolated case and thank heaven it won't happen to me because it could. As the mother of a 22 year old heroin addict in the Danbury area, yes, it can happen to you. It did to me. Get involved. Read. Question.
Good support.....Nar-Anon but only Alanon in this area. A good article to read is this one.
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/national/...
The most important thing is to remember that addiction is a disease and recovery is needed for both the addict and the family. Save yourself and your family. Save your neighborhood, your town, your community. Get involved one way or another.
First, Thanks to NancyB for helpful information, and the supportive msgs that followed.
I am ignoring the mean and stupid ones.
As a response here, this mom knows what is happening. THere are many young people who are addicted that need help, and they didn't want this to happen either.
Consider for a moment the source of this drug - mostly Afganistan. Our govt (current leader) ignored this and the Oxycontin problem years ago when it surfaced.
We might not be able to do anything on a global level, but hopefully we can do something from where it starts - at home and our community.
My sincere condolences to the families that are facing this terrible problem, and to the families and friends of those who have died. I know.
Help IS out there

AOL

#29 Dec 12, 2008
Parents, if you need help this is a great site to check out. Lots of links and resources.

http://www.couragetospeak.org/index.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandy Hook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 11 min dannyBOY lies again 11,896
FBI says "NO MURDERS" for NEWTOWN (2012) Sun Jenna 1
Sandy Hook shooting Nov 20 Wonderin 2
Part-Time Night Watchman Being Considered for S... Nov 6 imalilchit45 1
Go Malloy! Nov 5 Ggg 2
Newtown police connect home invasion, carjackin... (Aug '09) Oct 31 BPT 42
Unprofessional, Biased announcer for Council Ro... Oct '14 Steve O 2

Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County was issued at November 26 at 5:23AM EST

Sandy Hook News Video

Sandy Hook Dating
Find my Match

Sandy Hook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sandy Hook News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sandy Hook

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:13 am PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:13AM