KKK Newspaper Left in Powhatan

Mar 31, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTVR Richmond

A week after the racially charged trial of Joey and Ethan Parrish, the Ku Klux Klan has visited Powhatan County.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TEXAS

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

I am so glad that the KKK has came in. Anytime anything happens between a black person and a white person and the white person does not get punished the way the blacks think they should have then they start with the racist thing but why is it that the white people don't do that. They were in the court room for how many days and saw the jury and didn't say anything until they didn't get what they wanted. This whole racist thing is crap. WHY DIDN'T THE OTHERS BOYS GET CHARGED FOR ANYTHING THEY WERE THERE AND THEY EVEN PURGERED THEMSELFS ON THE STAND?
Lloyd Schieldge

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

The KKK represents ignorance at its best, but so does the Race Card. In this case I believe the later brought the former.
My Say

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

Hey Lioyd! you cant except the fact and truth it is all about race and always has been. The NAACP represencts nothing but stupitiy. at first i did not think those boys got enough punishment, i still dont. But your people, turned it into a race thing. and that just pisses me off. And you are one of those people. And all black wonder why we feel the way we feel. You are always yelling raceist. just when are you going to drop that crap and take on your own responability.And stop useing your ansecters as a excuse for not having any brains or common sences.
Glad I left Powhatan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

Especially to "My Say" who commented earlier, first of all when it comes to brains, you just proved to the readers that you have none because
you cannot spell. The NAACP is not stupid, it's just your stupidity poking it's head out once again. I feel as though race played a vital part in the outcome. I trust that the only black juror
was not intimidated by all the white jurors. It's
a very unforunate situation. Powhatan County like so many other counties in rural Virginia has
always been very racist. It is what it is. I pray for justice in this situation and the know how to the many residents and family members to move forward.
Lloyd Schieldge

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

Perhaps my earlier comment was not clear. The message I was trying to get across was that I believe the KKK is IGNORANT, AND, I believe that those folks that blame the white jurors of prejudice are also ignorant. The days of playing the "Race Card" are over as evidenced by the family living in the White House.

Do I agree with the outcome of this case and the resulting punishment? NO, of course not, I believe the prison term should have been a life sentence, but I DO NOT believe the color of the jurors had anything to do with the sentence and I believe those folks that continue to play the "Race Card" need to get over it and move on.
Powhatan

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

I would like to say to "Texas" .... what is wrong with you??? The KKK is nothing except a bunch of chickens who are insecure with themselves. The reason the other two boys did not get charged is because they are the VICTIMS!!! Joey And Eathn deserve more than they got! This race card really needs to end !
Powhatan Resident

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

With all do respect to all of you, I have lived in Powhatan, VA for over 10 years and have never been faced with racism issues. I also have children in the Powhatan County school system and they have expressed their concern of how the adults have stepped in and completely changed this case to be about race. I was not one of the jurors nor was I in the court room during the case; however, I am a citizen of Powhatan County and it disturbs me from both sides that the NAACP and the KKK are now involved. Get the hell out!!!!!!
Lloyd Schieldge

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

I think you havew said it best Powhatan Resident, I hope more Powhatan Residents will speak up as well.
dave

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

ive ive in powhatan my intire life and went to school with ethan he always seem cool to me and i never would have guessed he would do what he did but i do beleive there was nothing involentary about it and he is getting off easy i agree the race card is thrown up way to often but groups like kkk make it that way with their racist veiws and we all need to keep open minds towards each other
powhatan member

Quinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

Judged:

i think texas is right they always wanna make it a racist thing because they didnt say a thing while the trial was going but when its over all they wanna do is yell racist, and those other boys werent that innocent eitheir i mean why would u be pointing a bb gun at somebody? theirs alot more to the whole story than what everyone hears, and that goes to all u people that dont even live in powhatan, JUSTICE WAS SERVED! go tell the naacp that
Powhatan Resident 2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

I have lived in Powhatan and raised 3 children in Powhatan for the past 19 years. I don't agree with what happened and I think that there was a lot more to what happened than what we know. As far as the NAACP and the KKK are concerned, they both bring their own type of trouble. But just think about this I read a story in the Richmond Times Dispatch about a young man named Tyler Binst, read that and see how fair that was and then come back and think about this. We are a small community thats growing larger by the minute. Times are changing and people don't teach their children right from wrong anymore. The only people who are to blame here are THE ADULTS!!! The say they know right from wrong but apparently they failed to pass that knowledge along to their children. Unfortunately its happening all over. We are a country lacking in morality and respect. And until it changes we should expect more and more of this.

Since: Mar 09

Martinsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

powhatan is not rural! it is not ignorant! the people of the county are not represented by the weak prosecution of this case. had a strong prosecutor had this the boys would have been on death row. both families are hurt especially T's family we as county need to gather around both families black and white and heal. let the hatred stop and the healing begin. black and white should all gather at county courthouse and join together and grieve and heal.

“Mike Huffman”

Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

Judged:

In all honesty, the N.A.A.C.P. is just as racist if not more than the K.K.K. Personally, the Klan isn't for me, I have my opinions and beliefs on race and nation, the biggest reason I could never join the Klan is this, I believe you should embrace those that share your ideas, regardless of the race, I would ten to one rather be around a black that shared my ideas and beliefs as I would a white that didn't! Another reason many whites are joining the Klan or showing interest, their fed up with minorities getting special privilages while our people are constantly being discriminated against. The E.O.E., affirmative action, doesn't apply if your white, I'm not an M.L. King Jr. lover, but I did agree with him wanting his children to be treated by their character and content of their heart, not the color of their skin, I wish the federal government would let us, but they wont, they just wont!
law enforcment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Judged:

To all who feel that justice was served, are very stupid. To throw the excuse of black feel that the race card is being thrown, you need to check yourself. The problem is not so much of race, its the type of punishment being given. The punishment should fit the crime, at least that's what US government been saying over the pass 100yrs.Go to and study your US History and laws then make your decision. This is my first and last comment.
in Powhatan for 22 yrs

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Beware people the media tells you what they want you to know, not the whole truth and nothing but the truth (may you one day be a victim of the media circus and you will learn first hand). There was much more to this story.
I feel that all who were involved had choices. They could have walked away, called the law, etc... they were all guilty. What makes one life more valuable than another? why is it if you kill a policeman, or judge, or someone of influence? the courts will treat you differently. It goes on every day. I have seen blacks murder whites and get little sentencing as well (it happened in my family). Why is everything a race issue? I'll tell you because "the race" has discovered that by playing the race card it will take you far,(even to Washington). The black people learned a long time ago that by sticking together and playing the race card they can get anything they want. My black neighbor even told me this as he informed me that the black race has moved farther and faster in progression than any other race in history...so it works. White people you could learn something from this.
Now in Powhatan I have seen more interracial relations than any where I have ever lived in my life. I don't feel as if white people are prejudice in any way toward black people, if anything I see them accommodating when ever possible for fear of the race card being used. Why is it everyone is always talking about the KKK and you never hear talk about the Black Panthers? The NNACP perpetuates racism as far as I am concerned, as does the KKK and the Black Panthers. I think as long as we concentrate on race we won't notice what happens to our money (there is a real issue worth discussing, rich vs. poor).
I am sorry for the family that raised Tahlik and I am sorry for Joey's family too...they both have lost their sons and all of this could have been avoided. I don't agree with the verbal threats the black community has been making against the whites involved. In the words of Rodney King, "why can't we all just get along?".
in Powhatan for 22 yrs

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Correction NAACP. Sorry a typo.

“Mike Huffman”

Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

Judged:

Honestly, I try not to be predjudiced, but it isn't easy, not when you see O.J. Simpson play the race card and get aquited of double murder, I know, the civil suit, but he certainly didn't get the sentence he deserved, and if had of been sentenced, he wouldn't of been free to do what he did in Las Vegas. I do get a bit hot under the collar having the race card threw in our face, just like the tea party, now the right wing is racist toward Obama because were sick of taxes! Please! Give us a small break!
concerned citizen

Taylor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Lloyd Schieldge wrote:
I think you havew said it best Powhatan Resident, I hope more Powhatan Residents will speak up as well.
to all of you adults, grow up please. The klan is a bunch of stupid insecure, racist white trash.This is the 21st century, all of you need to grow up and stop all of this whinning. Look at what you are doing to our kids both black and white.It is not a race thing, it is a stupid thing.
Concerned Black Citizen

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Mike Huffman wrote:
Honestly, I try not to be predjudiced, but it isn't easy, not when you see O.J. Simpson play the race card and get aquited of double murder, I know, the civil suit, but he certainly didn't get the sentence he deserved, and if had of been sentenced, he wouldn't of been free to do what he did in Las Vegas. I do get a bit hot under the collar having the race card threw in our face, just like the tea party, now the right wing is racist toward Obama because were sick of taxes! Please! Give us a small break!
I can't believe you are still talking about OJ. OJ will haunt White people for the rest of your lives. Hey, what about the countless of Blacks killed at the hands of White mobs and when they were prosecuted they went before an all-white jury and never were convicted? You Whites like to tell Blacks to get over slavery and thing of that nature but I think you Whites need to get over OJ.

“Mike Huffman”

Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

Concerned Black Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe you are still talking about OJ. OJ will haunt White people for the rest of your lives. Hey, what about the countless of Blacks killed at the hands of White mobs and when they were prosecuted they went before an all-white jury and never were convicted? You Whites like to tell Blacks to get over slavery and thing of that nature but I think you Whites need to get over OJ.
I didn't say I agrred with lynchings, and no, I'm not going to get over O.J., this isn't the only time black against white crimes have been covered up, I'm living in the now, some of this stuff your digging up about the Klan happened over 100 years ago, so if anybody needs to get over themselves, it's blacks toward whites! If anybody needs to grow up, I think it's the other way around. But I willl agree, any lynching is wrong, you'll get no argument from me, but as long as I'm alive, I will not ignore the obvious, I'm not a white Uncle Tom. Blacks and other minorities are getting special, while whites are getting the shaft, who are the real racist? I'll let you figure it out!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sandston Discussions

Search the Sandston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 2 hr barefoot2626 11,516
Bob McDonnell's Legal Defense Tue Delano 1
One Dead, One in Custody after Broad Street Sta... (Oct '09) Mon truth told 20
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Jul 27 Buddy Mitchell 5
Loaner of Money Beware Jul 25 Richard Firth 1
Kenny Amos loses $4877 judgment for poor workma... Jul 24 Buddy Mitchell 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sandston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sandston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••