Qimonda Laying Off Hundreds At Sandst...

Qimonda Laying Off Hundreds At Sandston Plant; Company Cites A Big Slump In DRAM Sales

There are 1 comment on the WRVA-AM Richmond story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Qimonda Laying Off Hundreds At Sandston Plant; Company Cites A Big Slump In DRAM Sales. In it, WRVA-AM Richmond reports that:

Richmond, Va. Chipmaker Qimonda is shutting down one of its DRAM production lines in the Richmond area, which means about 1200 will lose their jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WRVA-AM Richmond.

The Truth

Richmond, VA

#1 Oct 14, 2008
1200 lost jobs is just the beginning. At one time I was employed at Qimonda as an engineer and I know 1st hand that there is very poor leadership in critical areas (Operations, Industrial Engineering, etc.) inept at moving the company in a positive direction to reduce costs, maximize production while maintaining acceptable quality levels.

Every week there was a different initiative. Sadly, 300mm will be in the same situation as 200mm is now which will result in another 1000+ lost jobs for the Greater Richmond area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sandston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump vs Clinton 2016 24 min John 2
Hillary, Respect the Constitution and Step Down... 31 min John 4
Automation Can Stop Bringing Jobs Back or Incre... Tue ConcernedCitizen 1
more reasons concerning problems about vaccina... Oct 24 dangerous 3
Joe Pledger from Columbia NorthCarolina Oct 22 Just a concerned ... 1
Brian Heisey Oct 20 Tammy 1
other peoples belongings (May '14) May '14 Robyn Richardson 1

Sandston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance