Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

We used Aldape Sprinklers to blowout our sprinklers in the Fall. The following spring we found a large soggy spot in our grass and a split pipe under our backflow valve. After calling Aldape about the problem they admitted they had seen a leak in the turn off valve the previous fall but had failed to tell us about it because the sprinkler blowout season is "very busy." As a consequence water got into our system, froze and then burst the pipes. When we alerted Aldape to the problem they refused to even come out and assess what had happened. They told us to "get a plumber" because it wasn't a problem with the sprinklers. This company does not stand by its work. I will never use this company again and could not in good conscience recommend that anyone else use it either.
J_Sinclair

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Great Job! Very prompt and professional. Highly recommend!
Anonymous

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

We started using Aldape Sprinkler Service in 2009 and have been completely satisfied with their repairs and the service they have provided us. This company is honest and fair.
Aldape Sprinkler Service

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

To 1601 Boise:
Let me start off by re-explaining to you how a sprinkler system is set up and how blowing it out works.
A sprinkler system is set up by tying into a properties main water line, below the frost level, and running a separate line to run the system. At this tie-in point a main sprinkler valve is installed, and typically a drain valve, as well. This main sprinkler valve allows you to shut down the sprinkler system without shutting down the water to the house. Hence, in the fall when the temperatures begin to drop, you can shut down the sprinkler system,(turn off the main sprinkler valve), open the drain, and blow them out. As I have already explained to you, the first thing that happens when we blow out a sprinkler system is that we shut the water going to your sprinkler system off. This is an essential first step, as it is impossible to hook the Air Compressor to the system, or for that matter do any of the additional steps, without first turning off the water.
Now let’s get into your complaint.
1. You claim you used us to blow out your sprinklers in the Fall. This is correct. You actually had us blow your system out on November 16th. The date is relevant as there were several consecutive days of freezing temperatures around October 25th. In-fact, during the week leading up to the blowing out of your system the temperature was consecutively in the teens. This also explains why we noticed that your above ground backflow device (not your turn off valve) was leaking.
2. You claim that we admitted that,“we had seen a leak in the turn off valve”. This is Not True! I informed you that we noticed that your backflow device was leaking. This was resolved when we shut down your system using your turn-off valve,(the main sprinkler valve in the ground). No more water to the system = no more leak.
3. You claim that I stated that we “failed to tell you about it because the sprinkler blowout season is "very busy””. This is Not True! I said that that “I apologize if you were not told you about it, as I had taken the time to note it on the schedule for that day and that typically the information is passed along”. I also told you that the leak was resolved when we shut down your system using your turn-off valve,(the main sprinkler valve in the ground). I repeat - No more water to the system = no more leak.
4. You state the following,“As a consequence water got into our system, froze and then burst the pipes.” This is Not True! It’s not even physically possible. The only way water can get into your system after we shut it down using your turn-off valve,(the main sprinkler valve in the ground), is if someone turned it on. We do not turn systems back on until requested by our customers to do so. Additionally, you told me that you hadn’t turned the system back on. Which leads us to number 5, below.
5. Given the fact that you told me that you had not turned your sprinklers back on yet. And, given the fact that we had not turned your sprinklers back on. Combined, with the fact that your leak did not appear until around March 20th, when you called, I assessed that your leak was coming from your main water line and not your sprinklers. You asked if we could repair the main water line, and I told you we could not, because the law requires a licensed plumber to do main water line repairs. I then suggested that you call a plumber for your main water line.
The only way you could have a leak in your system is if the water was turned back on. If that was due to something we did, the problem you described would have manifested itself in November or December. Not four months later in the 3rd week of March.
Anonymous

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

I called 4 different sprinklers before someone actually answered the phone at . I was pleasantly supprised when I actually got a live voice at Aldape Sprinkler Service. I was happy to finally get my questions answered and an appointment to set my leaking sprinkler system fixed. The repair was fast and at a reasonable price. I really like this company, and since that first call, I have used them for many years now.
Anonymous

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Perfect timing, good quality of work, good follow up, Mike seems care a lot about customer service and he knows his trade. Thank you for a job very well done.
Boise Fred

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Mike strives to do his absolute best for you. He obtains the best materials, offers great suggestions, and really works hard to ensure you are happy. I had several companies bid for the job (stone patio with a pergola, built in grill, fire pit, landscape clean up). The prices varied so much, it was hard to pick one and know if it was the right thing to do. I am so happy I picked Aldape Sprinkler Service, Landscape & More. They were not the cheapest - but I do think they were the best choice for high quality work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sandpoint Discussions

Search the Sandpoint Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Arnold, Geoffrey J CPA - Geoffrey J Arn... (Feb '10) 11 hr Yeppers 5
Are Californians The Root Of Idaho's Evils? (May '06) Fri Hayley 3,090
Family, police seek help finding missing Idaho ... (Mar '08) Apr 16 Karma 1,063
southwest airlines airplane hovering in mid-air?? (Sep '12) Apr 15 unfuckwitable 33
Pocatello, Idaho fights against Proposition One Apr 12 Whitewinger 1
Rohypnol Apr 12 Jeff 1
ACHD going forward with Eagle roundabout Apr 10 citizen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sandpoint Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sandpoint People Search