Mother says daughter attacked for being gay

Apr 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WEHT

The mother of a high school student who police say was attacked by a group of friends who tried to push her off a cliff says her daughter was targeted because she is gay.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2012
trying to keep quiet

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Isn't this just like Jackson County? I seen the interview given by the detective from post 7 in Richmond, saying that the investigation was still going on, but it didn't look like a hate crime to them. If it isn't a hate crime, then what the hell would you call it? School picnic gone badly? When will these close minded racist people of Jackson County finally open up and realize there are different cultures and lifestyles outside of Jackson County. SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE. If you are an officer of the law you have a duty to uphold the law, to all citizens in the community in which you work in, you are not suppose to pick and choose your cases that you want to work on. Remember one of the ten commandments is THOU SHALT NOT KILL. They may not have killed this girl but they give it a hell of a try. Read your ten commandments, there is nothing in them about being gay,lesbian,bisexual, or transgender. Huh how about that now why don't you piss ass cops do your job and help get these girls behind bars where they truly bneed to be. Instead of worrying about the sexual preference of the victim. DO YOUR JOB LIKE YOU ARE PAID FOR. Let there be justice for one family who was victimized in this county for once.
It will never happen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

Judged:

trying to keep quiet wrote:
Isn't this just like Jackson County? I seen the interview given by the detective from post 7 in Richmond, saying that the investigation was still going on, but it didn't look like a hate crime to them. If it isn't a hate crime, then what the hell would you call it? School picnic gone badly? When will these close minded racist people of Jackson County finally open up and realize there are different cultures and lifestyles outside of Jackson County. SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE. If you are an officer of the law you have a duty to uphold the law, to all citizens in the community in which you work in, you are not suppose to pick and choose your cases that you want to work on. Remember one of the ten commandments is THOU SHALT NOT KILL. They may not have killed this girl but they give it a hell of a try. Read your ten commandments, there is nothing in them about being gay,lesbian,bisexual, or transgender. Huh how about that now why don't you piss ass cops do your job and help get these girls behind bars where they truly bneed to be. Instead of worrying about the sexual preference of the victim. DO YOUR JOB LIKE YOU ARE PAID FOR. Let there be justice for one family who was victimized in this county for once.
They cant. The racist ignorant people around here will never be able to get their head out of their ass long enough to do anything good. And that includes most of the police in the state. It is obvious that this is a hate crime and should be prosecuted as such. But I don't believe it will be. My thoughts & prayers go out to all involved. Even the 3 girls who committed this horrible crime - they obviously need it.
SeemsToBe

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

OMG- so these three girls are friends with this gay girl for years and suddenly they decide they want to hurt her....hormones? PMS????...Moodiness?? No
I'm thinking $$ are being seen....Someone got a mortgage or a car payment involved????
It's not like the three girls NEEDED an extra friend...usually three is a crowd so what is 4????
Surprise! kids do that these days- if they don't like you then they are not going to be friends with you for several years, then one day decide to attack- they are just simply going to ignore you.
Friend

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

I for one am getting tired of hearing about this.. so she is gay, get over it already.. who cares..

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

Judged:

Because of this incident, four lives will never be the same, be it a hoax or criminal intent. I knew none of these girls but pray that all can find someway to one day live productive, happy lives. They are so young to start their adult lives this way. They each have families and friends who are hurting also, instead of bashing any of them do something completely out of the norm and pray for them! This could have been any of our children and we could be the ones hurting along with them today. If you have a child who has never had to experience biases or looking at a jail cell consider yourself blessed.
wait

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

I will be satisfied when it goes before the grand jury. Hopefully they will see the tape/ video what ever.... they will see what it was, joke or not. Clearly if it was a joke, no one is laughing, and something should be done.
funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

Gosh, guess the "closed minded racist people of Jackson county" aren't so closed minded and racist after all huh. After it came out the fat a$$ liar made it all up to get out of going to a job interview all the media hype stopped? Why is that? Why wasn't she put in jail for all the laws she broke? Hmmmm??? Gee, I wonder. Is it because she's, oh I don't know, GAY?! Why yes it is!! Keep it in the front if a gay person has been wronged! Shove it to the back if a gay person has wronged someone else! Hippocrits!! A gay person wronged me one time, you didnt see it all over the news or heard a federal case made over it. Geez ppl, when are you going to learn. We don't care who you sleep with. Get over yourselves. Oh, and while we're quoting scripture, you might want to read the part about how it's an abomination in the eyes of God to lay with someone of the same sex. We don't care, but He does.
willie in utauh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

get over it. god loves her but he don.t like her way;s. roman;s.maybe she wants to be aother chazzy
ride em cowboy

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

what a mess

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Sandgap Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sandgap Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••