Accused Principal Out At Sand Springs...

Accused Principal Out At Sand Springs Middle School

There are 43 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Accused Principal Out At Sand Springs Middle School. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Melessa Clark won't be returning to the school district in an administrative position, according to the assistant superintendent at Sand Springs Public Schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

Quapawsquaw

Tulsa, OK

#23 Sep 30, 2010
Yada wrote:
Ok here is a conflict in the story. Since when does Wal-Mart put price tags on their items? They don't, they have bar codes. Bar codes are not stickers unless they are on dinner ware.
Kleptomania is a bad disease, I hope she gets help for it.
They do put it on clearance itms though.... don't they??????
TULSA

Tulsa, OK

#25 Sep 30, 2010
Mrs Lovejoy wrote:
Will somebody p l e a s e think of the children?
She wasnt thinking of the children, before she thought of thief wal mart

Q: what's the difference between a thief, burglar, and robber?

they all steal, they all go about it a different way, some have a gun and some don't, and some even come in your home.

A: This is my answer, what about you. "I hate a thief."

Lot's of people have said, "I hate a Thief."

What kind of thief do you hate? Do you love one and hate the other? or is a black or white thing?

People loved Robin Hood.

Q: Does S.S. love the principal so much, that you'll over look that Fact that she is a Thief?

A:
Equalizer

Sand Springs, OK

#26 Sep 30, 2010
truth wrote:
This women had a very violent crime happen to her years ago. Go to oscn for details. I do not think it makes it okay, but who the heck are all of you to judge her and how she handles getting over what happened to her. She is wonderful with her staff and her students, she made a mistake and is getting help for it. SO you who havent ever made a mistake go ahead and judge, because thats really the only opinion that matters. God Bless her and her family, I pray that she learns to forgive herself and gets the help she needs. Comfort her family during this time and give them the strentght to stand by this wonderful women ( who made a very big mistake)! Amen!
So, let me get this right; if you had something happen to you in the past, it makes it okay for you to do bad things?...that is a cop out by almost every criminal!
Truth and others

Phoenix, AZ

#27 Sep 30, 2010
What are you talking about? A violent crime is not reported on OSCN.net . And I don't believe you are spelling her name correct. I have known her VERY close for all but 4 years of my life. We all should be more concerned for the well being of her children and the children that looked up to her. We all have something we have done that we would not be proud of if aired to the entire country. Please show some passion people...
Teust

Dallas, TX

#28 Sep 30, 2010
Not a cop out a bad choice! Are you perfect? I'm not saying she shouldn't be punished I am saying she is not a bad person. Sometimes good people make bad choices. She loves her students. She has an illness!!! Stop all the hate unless you are perfect!
TULSA

Tulsa, OK

#29 Sep 30, 2010
Equalizer wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this right; if you had something happen to you in the past, it makes it okay for you to do bad things?...that is a cop out by almost every criminal!
Ugly = "throw the book."

Attractive = "she just has a problem and needs some help."

Mexican = "ship em back to mexico"

Black = "throw em under the jail" "go back to africa."

White = "it was just a mistake, we need to pray, the devil made me do it, or they had some kind of mental disease.

Clinton = "I did not Have sex with Monica Lewinsky"
Coweta

United States

#30 Sep 30, 2010
ski princess wrote:
WOW !!! What a "role model" I am SHOCKED someone of her caliber was shoplifting. Guess this is another plug for being more and more PRO HOMESCHOOLING !!!!!!!
Yeah, cause that does WONDERS for a childs' social skills, lol. I think this incident has gotten blown way out of proportion. Why does she have to lose her job over something like petty larceny? If it had been anyone of lesser status, this would have never made the news. If anyone else (lawyer, secretary, etc) has gotten charged with shoplifting, their job would never be in jeopardy and their employers would have likely never found out about it. Seems a little far-fetched to assume that because she shoplifted, it automatically means she shouldn't be a principal. I don't condone what she did, nor should it be taken lightly, but ruining someone's career over an offense that likely won't even involve jail time is silly.
TULSA

Tulsa, OK

#31 Sep 30, 2010
Coweta wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, cause that does WONDERS for a childs' social skills, lol. I think this incident has gotten blown way out of proportion. Why does she have to lose her job over something like petty larceny? If it had been anyone of lesser status, this would have never made the news. If anyone else (lawyer, secretary, etc) has gotten charged with shoplifting, their job would never be in jeopardy and their employers would have likely never found out about it. Seems a little far-fetched to assume that because she shoplifted, it automatically means she shouldn't be a principal. I don't condone what she did, nor should it be taken lightly, but ruining someone's career over an offense that likely won't even involve jail time is silly.
Just a Q: so you believe she is a trust worthy person? a person that will tell your kids the truth, and do the right things for kids? not steal any of the PTA funds?

How and the hell are you going to trust that she dont take the PTA funds.
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

#32 Sep 30, 2010
Coweta wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the first time she has been caught, nor will it be the last. She ruined her carrier by stealing again, and should not be a person of authority. The schools are riddled with molesters, sluts, and thiefts, not to mention money hungry administrative personnell.
old dame

United States

#33 Sep 30, 2010
slimjim wrote:
<quoted text>This is not the first time she has been caught, nor will it be the last. She ruined her carrier by stealing again, and should not be a person of authority. The schools are riddled with molesters, sluts, and thiefts, not to mention money hungry administrative personnell.
SLIM JIM and TULSA: Someone needs to take the red pencil to both of your postings. How can that be?
Coweta

United States

#34 Sep 30, 2010
slimjim wrote:
<quoted text> The schools are riddled with molesters, sluts, and thiefts, not to mention money hungry administrative personnell.
So is every other profession on this Earth. My point wasn't that she shouldn't setting a good example, merely that is seems odd that so much emphasis is placed on the shoplifting being an item related to her job. I know several people off-hand that have shoplifted and I would consider them to be upstanding individuals in spite of their previous cleptomania. If she had been cited for a similar crime (say a driving violation) would her job be in jeopardy? I doubt it.

Stealing PTA money? Well I suppose the PTA treasurer should be in charge of that aspect of the finances. It would probably be difficult for a principal to steal money from the school/affiliated organizations if someone competent is overseeing everything.
Tired

Bixby, OK

#35 Sep 30, 2010
I am so tired of looking at these forums only to see people arguing with each other and putting each other down for opinions that are made...it's a forum where people express all kinds of opinions. Calm down people!
California

Tulsa, OK

#36 Sep 30, 2010
truth wrote:
This women had a very violent crime happen to her years ago. Go to oscn for details. I do not think it makes it okay, but who the heck are all of you to judge her and how she handles getting over what happened to her. She is wonderful with her staff and her students, she made a mistake and is getting help for it. SO you who havent ever made a mistake go ahead and judge, because thats really the only opinion that matters. God Bless her and her family, I pray that she learns to forgive herself and gets the help she needs. Comfort her family during this time and give them the strentght to stand by this wonderful women ( who made a very big mistake)! Amen!
OH, PLEASE!!! She didn't make a "mistake", she committed a crime!
TULSA

Tulsa, OK

#38 Sep 30, 2010
old dame wrote:
<quoted text>
SLIM JIM and TULSA: Someone needs to take the red pencil to both of your postings. How can that be?
just a thought...
jan

Tulsa, OK

#40 Sep 30, 2010
truth wrote:
A mistake, is when you accidently forget something, stealing is not a mistake. She knew
when she went to Walmart, what she was going to do. Stop justifying the fact that she
is a cleptomaniac, a highly educated, clepto at that. The mistake, was her going to the
same store to steal. What kind of example did she set for those kids? She's gonna get
help alright, the Judge hopefully will help her out.
Frank Dashwood

Broken Arrow, OK

#41 Sep 30, 2010
give me the mute wrote:
Yet another reason we should pay out teachers and administrators more $$$.
Why..did she need makeup and mattress to feed her family?
iris

Atlanta, GA

#42 Oct 1, 2010
Gramps wrote:
Take this from an old man; this woman has a problem that is far deeper then petty theft. This action may be a cry for help, an act of desperation to get attention, a want or need to feel smarter then others or maybe she is a woman who has more emotional problems then this space will allow.
This does not mean I condone her actions. Quite the contrary. I condemn what she did not only against the store, but what she did to the trust people placed in her, the misplaced love students gave her, what she did to the honor of her profession and position as a teacher, as a leader, but most importantly, what she did to her children. They will get over this, but the community will never let them forget.
This woman has problems, indeed! She is not just a thief, she is a homewrecker. Melissa and her "new" husband (a very accomplished con man) ruthlessly and without remorse damaged the lifes of my daughter and grand daughters. One thing she is sadly lacking is just basic human compassion.
The truth stands out

Tulsa, OK

#43 Oct 2, 2010
Quapawsquaw wrote:
<quoted text>
They do put it on clearance itms though.... don't they??????
Ok some one go to walmart to see if they have price tags and bar codes on matresses. I have to go to work.
Truth

Frisco, TX

#44 Oct 2, 2010
Truth and others wrote:
What are you talking about? A violent crime is not reported on OSCN.net . And I don't believe you are spelling her name correct. I have known her VERY close for all but 4 years of my life. We all should be more concerned for the well being of her children and the children that looked up to her. We all have something we have done that we would not be proud of if aired to the entire count

Please show some passion people...
Since you know her so well... You know she was married once before. Look under her 1st marriage name!
joan

Fargo, ND

#45 Oct 2, 2010
Sounds to me like she needs some mental help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sand Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Robbins Jr. (Jun '16) Thu Mexicanboss 6
Who is Laurie Henson? Nov 13 Ghettobird1245 1
Senagtorial District 8 is the poorest counties ... Nov 5 Traveler 2
News ACLU claims Oklahomans forced to live in squali... Nov 2 germainehistory 1
News Pull Over - Or Else! Law Tickets Left Lane Drivers (Dec '09) Nov 1 Anonymouse 364
News Owasso Councilor Charged After DUI Arrest (Jan '09) Nov 1 Gena 29
What police officer did you wrong? (Oct '15) Sep '17 george JR 4

Sand Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sand Springs Mortgages