Accused Principal Out At Sand Springs...

Accused Principal Out At Sand Springs Middle School

There are 41 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Accused Principal Out At Sand Springs Middle School. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Melessa Clark won't be returning to the school district in an administrative position, according to the assistant superintendent at Sand Springs Public Schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jeeezzzzz

Tulsa, OK

#1 Sep 29, 2010
What's with the leave with pay? So she gets paid to sit on her butt for a month?
give me the mute

Tulsa, OK

#2 Sep 29, 2010
Yet another reason we should pay out teachers and administrators more $$$.
curious

AOL

#3 Sep 29, 2010
Why with pay? She was caught red-handed - obviously she's guilty. Let's see, she gets $78,000 a year, so that means she will get approximately $6000 for stealing? Oh, I forgot, it wasn't her fault..... something made her do it..... she's not responsible. Yeah, sure. What a wonderful role model for the kids.
MDD

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 29, 2010
give me the mute wrote:
Yet another reason we should pay out teachers and administrators more $$$.
What you are saying is if she made more money she would not steal? That makes absolutly no sense. As a Security Officer in retail, we arrest shoplifters all the time who have plenty of money on them. Weather or not she had the money is not the issue here, she stole, she shoplifted, she took something that was not hers. That is against the law, what kind of example does that set for then students at Clyde Boyd?

Remember that this was not her first tiem but her second, there are plenty of te4achers out there making less money than her who have not committed a crime.
crazyman

Boynton, OK

#5 Sep 29, 2010
The Devil made me do it, the devil made me do it.

pleas pay me so I can have enough gas money to go out and steal even more while I am off the month.
WATCH OUT TULSA Woodland mall her I come
BabeRoot

Tulsa, OK

#7 Sep 29, 2010
damn@! she's got it goin' on....
Gramps

Tulsa, OK

#9 Sep 29, 2010
Take this from an old man; this woman has a problem that is far deeper then petty theft. This action may be a cry for help, an act of desperation to get attention, a want or need to feel smarter then others or maybe she is a woman who has more emotional problems then this space will allow.

This does not mean I condone her actions. Quite the contrary. I condemn what she did not only against the store, but what she did to the trust people placed in her, the misplaced love students gave her, what she did to the honor of her profession and position as a teacher, as a leader, but most importantly, what she did to her children. They will get over this, but the community will never let them forget.
been there

Tulsa, OK

#10 Sep 29, 2010
Gramps wrote:
Take this from an old man; this woman has a problem that is far deeper then petty theft. This action may be a cry for help, an act of desperation to get attention, a want or need to feel smarter then others or maybe she is a woman who has more emotional problems then this space will allow.
This does not mean I condone her actions. Quite the contrary. I condemn what she did not only against the store, but what she did to the trust people placed in her, the misplaced love students gave her, what she did to the honor of her profession and position as a teacher, as a leader, but most importantly, what she did to her children. They will get over this, but the community will never let them forget.
You are right..I've been there. I had a room-mate in college that introuced me to shoplifting. It was more about the thrill..just seeing how much we could get by with, than the lack of money. It sickens me now to think of how many hundreds..thousands of dollars worth of things we took right under the nose of the clerks. I thank God that we were never arrested and I was able to put that period of life behind me. This woman apparently was not able to do that. She definitely needs counselling.
ski princess

United States

#11 Sep 30, 2010
WOW !!! What a "role model" I am SHOCKED someone of her caliber was shoplifting. Guess this is another plug for being more and more PRO HOMESCHOOLING !!!!!!!
slimjim

Tulsa, OK

#12 Sep 30, 2010
Is it any wonder that our kids turn to gangs, there teachers are molesters, sluts, thiefs, not to mention school boards helping there friends to millions.
brave running

United States

#13 Sep 30, 2010
Termination is in order.
Dave the First

Tulsa, OK

#14 Sep 30, 2010
Gramps wrote:
I agree. I'm not saying she shouldn't be held accountable or have to answer to the law, but you didn't say that either. "Acting out" like this is a sign that there's something in her brain that she's having trouble dealing with.

How much does this woman have to lose, and she put it at risk over what, some makeup and a mattress pad? Once all the dust has settled I hope she finds a non-destructive way of dealing with "whateveritis". There is someone who could help her out if she asks him to.
rusty fender

Tulsa, OK

#15 Sep 30, 2010
She can steal a kiss from me anytime ...
Honest mistake my

United States

#16 Sep 30, 2010
Jeeezzzzz wrote:
What's with the leave with pay? So she gets paid to sit on her **** for a month?
Ask anyone from Skiatook, suspended with pay is required by state law. While it is stupid, it's law.
hoss

Tulsa, OK

#17 Sep 30, 2010
I do believe now would be a good time for her to pack up and leave the state--she might be lucky and find a place where she can start over-maybe...
truth

United States

#18 Sep 30, 2010
This women had a very violent crime happen to her years ago. Go to oscn for details. I do not think it makes it okay, but who the heck are all of you to judge her and how she handles getting over what happened to her. She is wonderful with her staff and her students, she made a mistake and is getting help for it. SO you who havent ever made a mistake go ahead and judge, because thats really the only opinion that matters. God Bless her and her family, I pray that she learns to forgive herself and gets the help she needs. Comfort her family during this time and give them the strentght to stand by this wonderful women ( who made a very big mistake)! Amen!
Mrs Lovejoy

Tulsa, OK

#19 Sep 30, 2010
Will somebody p l e a s e think of the children?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 30, 2010
What a shame that she felt she had to resort down to stealing. I'm sure she is a wonderful person that just made some poor choices.
Yada

Garden City, KS

#21 Sep 30, 2010
Ok here is a conflict in the story. Since when does Wal-Mart put price tags on their items? They don't, they have bar codes. Bar codes are not stickers unless they are on dinner ware.
Kleptomania is a bad disease, I hope she gets help for it.
blue

Claremore, OK

#22 Sep 30, 2010
This dishonest woman should resign. She has no place in the school system. I feel sorry for someone who is so dishonest. NO VALUES anymore, are there?

I am sure she has plenty of money, with her position, but it is never enough...

I have always scraped by on the very minimum, even working two jobs, but I have never considered stealing as an option!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sand Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma KKK Says They're Not Promoting Hate (Feb '12) Tue Okie 326
Dion Graham Tue You know 1
News Tulsa Business Owner Surprises Burglars Tue watup 1
News Pickup Driver Arrested After Hitting Two Parked... Apr 23 almosttornadoseason 1
News Cousin says AG candidate advised her to lie in ... Apr 23 cancerofsociety 1
News EPA chiefa s ethics woes have echoes in his past Apr 21 skimasksarecostly 1
News EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers ev... Apr 20 the way it is 1

Sand Springs Jobs

Personal Finance

Sand Springs Mortgages