Two Injured In Weleetka Tank Explosion

The Okfuskee County sheriff's office says two people were injured, one critically, when two tank batteries exploded. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MrFacts

Tulsa, OK

#1 Apr 15, 2010
The one critically injured passed away this morning. The other is going to be okay, but right now has 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns. There were more people present but none others injured. R.I.P. ZP
up north okie

Lawton, OK

#2 Apr 15, 2010
Rest in Peace Zach. I`m Gonna Miss You.
That Explosion Was Horrific. I Just Knew Something Was Wrong. I Was In My Garage I Heard The Explosion And Felt The House Shake. It Was a Very Scary Moment. It Hit Close To Home Because a Family Member Was There When It Happened.
Aunt Christine

Cedar City, UT

#3 Apr 15, 2010
You will be missed so very much Zach, such a carefree soul you were, so much life to live.......I will cry many tears to not get to see you grow older... I cherish the time we all got to spend together in Germany, My heart is so sad for all your family. My Sis & b-in law be strong, I love you so much.
Jennifer Bennett

Tulsa, OK

#4 Apr 15, 2010
I AM SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF THIS FAMILY.. MY HUSBAND WAS THE ONE IN THE EXPLOSION IN FEB. IF THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR THIS YOUNG MANS FAMILY PLEASE JUST ASK... ONCE AGAIN I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS...
Mcbabe

Jenks, OK

#5 Apr 16, 2010
The person in critical condition has passed away (I'm pretty sure b/c this is the only tank explosion I have heard of from yesterday). At least now he's not in pain. He will be greatly missed.
Karen

Okmulgee, OK

#6 Apr 16, 2010
The young man who passed away was Zachary Pangle, 21 years old, raised in Weleetka,OK. He was a Son,Grandson, brother, Uncle and beloved friend!

R.I.P Zachey. We love and miss you!
Burrrrp

Talala, OK

#7 Apr 16, 2010
So he was 21 and playing? Why wasn't he a work? Did he have a job? I know he partied a lot
Belinda

Norman, OK

#8 Apr 16, 2010
Zack my heart dropped when I heard about your death. You were an awesome kid. You were a big brother to my son. My son Alan respected you so much. I wish the best to your mother. they did an awesome job with you. I will always remember you everytime I see a skate board and everytime I come through weleetka. You stood out. WE LOVE YOU
Nita Nielson

Arvada, CO

#9 Apr 16, 2010
Zachary I haven't seen you since you were just a little boy, but I love you so much and pray for comfort to my sis and your dad and brother. I will awlays think of you.
DarkPaladin432

Sapulpa, OK

#10 Apr 16, 2010
Burrrrp wrote:
So he was 21 and playing? Why wasn't he a work? Did he have a job? I know he partied a lot
I don't know who the hell you are but if you have something negative to say, you are better off keeping your damn mouth shut. Zach was a good man and didnt deserve this. What happened is a tragedy and Zach will always be remembered for what he is; a good man with a carefree spirit who had his life cut short by someones stupidity.
breaker8

United States

#12 Apr 16, 2010
DarkPaladin432 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who the **** you are but if you have something negative to say, you are better off keeping your **** mouth shut. Zach was a good man and didnt deserve this. What happened is a tragedy and Zach will always be remembered for what he is; a good man with a carefree spirit who had his life cut short by someones stupidity.
I agree wholeheartedly with all of this as I was very good friends with zach yet I just want to be certain your last statement isn't trying to point fingers as there were multiple people there and it was mutual stupidity that resulted in the tragedy. Being very familiar with everyone there, and have partied with them all on numerous occasions I can't help but think inebriation played a major role in the event especially considering the fact that it was beer that had to be used to put the flames out on the persons.
Aunt Christine

Cedar City, UT

#13 Apr 16, 2010
Burrrrp wrote:
Zach was my nephew, and as I said a very spirited soul, he worked when there was work..the last couple years he has taken care of his grandmother who has cancer, did her shopping, cleaning, errands and so forth........You must never judge anyone, evidently your parents did not raise you with any kindness or you would keep your insults and thoughts to yourself.
He will be missed so very much.
DarkPaladin432

Sapulpa, OK

#14 Apr 16, 2010
Aunt Christine wrote:
<quoted text>
Zach was my nephew, and as I said a very spirited soul, he worked when there was work..the last couple years he has taken care of his grandmother who has cancer, did her shopping, cleaning, errands and so forth........You must never judge anyone, evidently your parents did not raise you with any kindness or you would keep your insults and thoughts to yourself.
He will be missed so very much.
I must agree with her.
DarkPaladin432

Sapulpa, OK

#15 Apr 16, 2010
breaker8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree wholeheartedly with all of this as I was very good friends with zach yet I just want to be certain your last statement isn't trying to point fingers as there were multiple people there and it was mutual stupidity that resulted in the tragedy. Being very familiar with everyone there, and have partied with them all on numerous occasions I can't help but think inebriation played a major role in the event especially considering the fact that it was beer that had to be used to put the flames out on the persons.
Some of these statements are out of anger but I am not trying to point fingers. I do apologize if I'm out of line. I just want to make sure the truth is out there. So far the news and the newspapers have got the story wrong for the most part. And they have not even corrected their errors.
Sariya Heppel

Jenks, OK

#16 Apr 16, 2010
Zachary I met you about a month ago up at work when you came there to visit your Mom. She was very proud of you and she had told me a lot about you already. When I met you you seemed like a really sweet nice guy, someone whom I got a positive vibe from and I wanted to get to know better. I figured I would see you again up there the next time you came into work to visit your mother.
And now this has happened and it is such a horrible tragedy and I just don't know what to say.. I am praying for your family and for your mother whom I know is going through a lot right now. You were so young and so full of life and who is responsible for this? WHy did this have to happen?
Jennifer Bennett

United States

#17 Apr 16, 2010
ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS AT AN OILFIELD LEASE IS A TRAGEDY... THIS YOUNG MANS FAMILY REALLY DOESN'T NEED THE NEGATIVE ATTITUDES OR TALK... TRUST ME I KNOW.... IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING... I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE, THAT THIS FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH HELL RIGHT NOW. THE BEST THING TO DO FOR THEM IS HELP THEM AND KEEP THEM IN YOUR PRAYERS. ZACH'S FAMILY IS IN MY PRAYERS AND I PROMISE TO DO WHATEVER I CAN TO HELP THEM.
Friend

United States

#18 Apr 16, 2010
This was all just a horrible accident! Kids having a good time that sadly ended in tradgedy! Zach was a good kid he took care of his grandmother and I know she was so proud of him. Zach had a good time no matter where he was. My hearts breaks for his family and the other families/kids involved. God please watch over all of us during this time of need.
chase kaler

Norman, OK

#19 Apr 16, 2010
pray i dont find out who u r
chase kaler

Norman, OK

#20 Apr 16, 2010
burrrrp tulsa, ok
Belinda

Norman, OK

#21 Apr 17, 2010
who ever you are for writing the negative junk. You need to take a look in the mirror and what goes around comes around. One day if you have a child or if you already do and if there is a loss you will eat your cruel words. If you knew zack or if you did know him you know in your heart your words are based on inmaturity and lies. There is no one like this special boy and never will be. Why dont you apologize and then I would respect you. this is low and everyone is looking at you in shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sand Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diesel Prices Slowly Falling At Oklahoma Gas St... Dec 23 eve 1
Mysteries At Oklahoma Lake Remain For Families ... Dec 21 hollywood here we... 3
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) Dec 19 hey 183
Balls of Fire Dec 18 Ryan Johnson 1
DHS Workers Speak Out On Agency (Jul '08) Dec 18 lynn 1,491
Directv referral code (Aug '12) Dec 18 Patti 70
Teenager Robs Tulsa QuikTrip At Knifepoint (Jun '10) Dec 17 carly zane 67
Sand Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sand Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sand Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sand Springs