Man Charged In Christmas Eve Crash To Be Assigned New Judge

Steven Jameson is charged with three counts of manslaughter. [Tulsa Co Jail] Emergency crews respond to the crash on Highway 51 on Christmas Eve. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Fayetteville, AR

#21 Oct 13, 2010
I look at this so many different ways. Should he have been driving with out a license, no. Should he have had pot with him, no. We don't know why he was even out on the road that day, he could have been going to friends and/or families for Christmas, like a lot of people on the road. Maybe he had no other way to get there but to drive his self. The main issue is did he intend to cause this? I don't think he set out that day to hurt anyone. Yes he made a mistake by driving with out a license and by looking back at his dog. It was an accident because he didn't intend for it to happen. It wouldn't be an accident if he had intended to do what he did. Such as he was looking at the road and crossed intentionally. We have all took our eyes off the road for a split second for whatever reason. It is a sad situation for both families involved.
Are You Kidding

Broken Arrow, OK

#22 Oct 14, 2010
If a drunk driver hits you, is it an accident or blatant disregard for the law and for others? Sorry, when you take it on yourself to drive when you've been told by the courts not to it's a chance you consiously chose to take. And anyone who would drive with illegal drugs in the car while driving illegally has no respect for the law or others on the road with him. I'm not saying he intentionally went and caused the wreck. If that were the case he would be charged with 1st degree murder. Just because you don't pre-meditate to to something doesn't mean its an accident otherwise. My whole point on this is the use of the word "accident". When your told not to stick your hand through the hole in the fence but you do it anyway, was the dog bite an accident? Or the unfortunate result of obstinate disregard? We have got to quit using the word "accident" when a person breaks the law and causes mayhem in the process. Looks like the courts were right to take his license (for whatever reason it was suspended for). Again, I'm not saying he intentionally set out to kill anyone, but an accident it was not. What happened was a result of his own consious judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sand Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Donna Boswell Lcsw Tue proud 16
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. Tue Ray McCall 53
Matrix Serv (Mar '14) Tue big john 51
10) Erectile dysfunction and insurance (Mar '09) Mon scottboras 29
Directv referral code (Aug '12) Mon bradp 68
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Why are you Oklahoma women so FAT and DIRTY? (Oct '11) Nov 21 molly 13
Sand Springs Dating
Find my Match

Sand Springs People Search