Man Charged In Christmas Eve Crash To Be Assigned New Judge

Steven Jameson is charged with three counts of manslaughter. [Tulsa Co Jail] Emergency crews respond to the crash on Highway 51 on Christmas Eve. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nick

Jenks, OK

#1 Oct 11, 2010
What happened to journalism???? Why did the judge recuse himself????
Cory

Tulsa, OK

#2 Oct 11, 2010
Yeah, I'm confused... Did someone at Channel 6 forget to actually FINISH this story?? Nowhere in this whole story is the headline explained or even mentioned.
LOL

Tulsa, OK

#3 Oct 11, 2010
Im sitting here thinking the same thing. RECUSE himself.
Karl Schneider

Coweta, OK

#4 Oct 11, 2010
Probably a good thing...judges virtually never recuse themselves for nefarious reasons. If there's the slightest whiff of conflict of interest, recusal is the safest legal and moral judicial insurance.
yuppers

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Oct 11, 2010
my guess, somehow the rich white family of the rich white fratboy suspect is pulling strings- probably to get a more lenient judge for their little precious innocent baby
Chevy

Tulsa, OK

#6 Oct 11, 2010
Then kid's connected. Maybe someone's digging a bit close? Not like KOTV will report anything beyond what the police hand them...
Are You Kidding

Victorville, CA

#7 Oct 11, 2010
Karl Schneider wrote:
Probably a good thing...judges virtually never recuse themselves for nefarious reasons. If there's the slightest whiff of conflict of interest, recusal is the safest legal and moral judicial insurance.
Agreed. It's typically an honorable thing to do. Not something you hear about often but should probably be more common. The story even said that it's unclear why he did it. That means their not offering a statement to the press yet but here come all the comments about bad journalism etc. All the armchair lawyers guessing why he did it and such. Cracks me up.

Since: Aug 10

Fayetteville, AR

#8 Oct 11, 2010
There could be many reasons he did this. It doesn't mean that the family of this guy paid him to. It could be that he knows one of the families in some way.
Reality

Tulsa, OK

#9 Oct 11, 2010
There has to be a conflict of interest. Could even be that someone in his family was killed at one point and he still has anger issues that would not allow him to fairly decide this trial. No station supplied a headline reasoning.
Vigil

Bixby, OK

#10 Oct 11, 2010
I will be suprised if this rich punk spends a day in the state pen, after he killed these innocent people.. If justice is served I hope he spends at least a couple of years servicing some big bucks in prison, that would be justice!
rickoneufaula

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2010
i"ll bet you when this kid left his house that morning, he did"nt plan on killing anyone,,, i"ll bet you more that those 3 people did"nt plan on being killed either. Just sit back and watch,,,they WILL turn loose.
Wallraven

Caney, KS

#12 Oct 11, 2010
The accidednt was horrible. but, I believe it was truly an accident. there is no way that young man would have done that on purpose. My heart aches for the people who were killed but also for the young man and for his family, too.
milkmouth

Broken Arrow, OK

#13 Oct 11, 2010
He looks like Ian Curtis...mmmm
Ask Sherwin Williams

Tulsa, OK

#14 Oct 11, 2010
He painted the judges house(exterior) about 2 months before the wreck. Someone could use this against the court and then the trial would have to be started all over again etc so since the judge had contact with him prior to his wreck he felt the necessity to recuse himself.
might as well-

Tulsa, OK

#15 Oct 12, 2010
in all of this- lets remember that there was also a daughter (of the family that died) that was not in the car-she lost her father,mother,and brother all at once- nomatter what they do to this boy(and i am hoping a long prison sentence)no-one can replace her growing up without her family,and it happening on x-mas eve was the worst part.
Cory

Tulsa, OK

#16 Oct 12, 2010
Ask Sherwin Williams wrote:
He painted the judges house(exterior) about 2 months before the wreck. Someone could use this against the court and then the trial would have to be started all over again etc so since the judge had contact with him prior to his wreck he felt the necessity to recuse himself.
Thanks for the info. Channel 6 needs people like you on the news team.
Proud to be white

Stone Mountain, GA

#17 Oct 12, 2010
I feel sorry for everyone involved directly or indirectly by this tragedy. May God bless you all.
Sherman Clump

Tulsa, OK

#18 Oct 12, 2010
I think they need to try the dog as an accessory to murder since he was distracted by him.
Karl Schneider

Coweta, OK

#19 Oct 12, 2010
Proud to be white wrote:
I feel sorry for everyone involved directly or indirectly by this tragedy. May God bless you all.

Might I inquire of you just why you are 'proud' of your status as an accident of birth?

If you win a spelling bee, you have the right to some pride in your own accomplishment but you had nothing to do with who your daddy screwed.

And isn't pride one of the Seven Deadly Sins?
Are You Kidding

Sierra Madre, CA

#20 Oct 12, 2010
Wallraven wrote:
The accidednt was horrible. but, I believe it was truly an accident. there is no way that young man would have done that on purpose. My heart aches for the people who were killed but also for the young man and for his family, too.
REALLY???? When you INTENTIONALLY break the law by driving without a license, it's not an accident. The license was taken away with the clear message that he was not allowed to drive!! He showed absolute disregard for other drivers (and the law) and did it anyway! When you purposely do something illegal you cant go waving the "oops it was an accident" flag. Thats like saying a drunk driver had an "accident". An accident is an unintended outcome despite reasonable efforts to prevent it. When you intentionally disregard the law and do something anyway, its not an "accident". Do we need to talk about the weed he had with him too? Look at it this way. Do you have any family members out there driving around? Are they doing it legally? Is it fair for them to be out there on the road with these morons? If they let this guy off because it was ruled an "accident" then what's the purpose of even bothering with taking someones license away? Just let em all run free. It's just your kids out on the road with them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sand Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 4 min Bud 75,774
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. 8 hr wth 13
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr Jeff 2,666
Tulsa Driver Shocked By Power Lines (Feb '09) Tue Lucky777 159
OHP Trooper Fires Two Shots During Tulsa Traffi... (Feb '10) Mon lisawarrenrn63 190
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Mon lolababi 45
ANR/ABF Relationship-ANY NORMAL PEOPLE OUT THERE? (Dec '10) Sep 13 Milk lover 69 28
•••
•••
Sand Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sand Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••