Town's White Police Official Calls Ob...

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word

There are 125 comments on the Boston.com story from May 15, 2014, titled Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word. In it, Boston.com reports that:

A police commissioner in a predominantly white New Hampshire town says he won't apologize for calling President Barack Obama the N-word.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#137 May 20, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, we're getting somewhere. I contend that use of the N-word goes beyond "politically incorrect", not because it offends people, but because of what it reveals about the person who says it. Ever since the civil rights era, the N-word has been the rallying cry of white supremacists. It was the word that white adults shouted at black children as they walked to school under armed guard. If you say the N-word in 2014, you have outed yourself as a white supremacist, a disgusting ideology that has no place in a public office.
So, when a Blacks use the term, which many do, to describe another Black person they are white supremacists? Interestingly progressive.
Jim

Lexington, MA

#138 May 20, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when a Blacks use the term, which many do, to describe another Black person they are white supremacists? Interestingly progressive.
See my post from earlier on this page.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#139 May 21, 2014
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post from earlier on this page.
I did, your posts indicate that it is a terrible hateful racist word if used by a White, but acceptable if used by Black (except some grandmas don't like it). So evidently the word is offensive based on color.
Jim

Springfield, NJ

#141 May 21, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, your posts indicate that it is a terrible hateful racist word if used by a White, but acceptable if used by Black (except some grandmas don't like it). So evidently the word is offensive based on color.
That is not what it indicates. It indicates that a large swath of the younger generation of black Americans need to read a book about the civil rights era.

However, that does not excuse a white person from using it, because its a dead giveaway of ideological leanings. You might as well say "white power" or "1488". It's like the British "Squirrel test" from both world wars.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#144 May 30, 2014
Bruce wrote:
It would take too long to explain it to you. If you can see the damage being done then you have a low IQ and probably rode on the short bus. PS You may be color blind too.
I CAN see the damage done by disrespectful, racist, Christians, holding onto their ignorance.
Learn that in your bible? Lack of tolerance. Learn that in your bible? Time for a new good book!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanbornville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 84 Great Danes rescued from suspected puppy mil... Jun '17 Topdog 3
News Christie says he might 'go nuclear' at next GOP... (Sep '15) May '17 swedenforever 10
Stacey Burns murder added to cold case list (May '16) Mar '17 Jamie 36
News Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood (Jul '12) Feb '17 Barbara P Bush 78
News Town doesn't want special election after House ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Patricia Toussaint 1
can you help trace (Jun '12) Jun '12 maggie phillips 1
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Sanbornville, NH (Nov '11) Nov '11 fiftythreepercent 7

Sanbornville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanbornville Mortgages