Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing ...

Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year

There are 459 comments on the The Meredith News story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year. In it, The Meredith News reports that:

As spring eases into April, memories of the May 10, 2009 murder of school nurse and mother of five, Stacey Burns, come to the fore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Meredith News.

crystal vision2

Augusta, ME

#310 Mar 16, 2014
Someone surely did commit the "PERFECT MURDER"....... without a doubt.
$$$ REWARD$$$
HOW ABOUT a reward for info leading to the arrest of this person....why didn't her brother do that???????
Chris wrote:
I have read this thread. Like anyone with connections to Wolfeboro this case is of some interest. I have know JV for more than 30 years, but we are not friends. I did not know Stacey nor Ed. First point, Jim and his ex-wife seem to be the only ones willing to disclose their real names here. Jim did not run or move away from this horror show. He lives in a world where thousands of people think he is a murderous nut. Yet he has kept his head high and talks openly about this case. Second, the 20/20 pc: Ed looks like a drunk, expresses his disapproval of his wife and her child rearing. He has a filmed alibi, a lawyer, seems to have set the stage (taking the little ones away the night before Mother's day). All strange. So were JV's relationship and actions, but on TV he expresses he loved her. Given the cops can't pin this on either of them, here is my theory: Stacey was murdered by a hired hand with rubber gloves at a specified time and place with all the planning and directions coming from the only person who had the time and motive to carry out the task. He made sure he was filmed and with his best friend. She may not have died at his hand but he organized it. No way Jim could have done this in a rage and cleaned up and covered up everything in the few hours he had. Then he presents himself to the crime scene and ask the cops to investigate himself! If he accomplished all that, then he is the fastest thinking, best actor and evil genius North of Boston. Anybody agree with my theory?
crystal vision2

Augusta, ME

#311 Mar 16, 2014
V E R Y OBVIOUS PLANNING....... have ALWAYS felt that driving all the way to Wolfeboro to pick up the girls to take them all the way down to Mass for JUST ONE NIGHT, a night when ED himself would not be able to spend with them, only to turn around and bring them back home the next day was very strange. HAD HE EVERDONE THAT BEFORE FOR HIS MOTHER IN LAW???
Did law enforcement ever ask her/investigate that angle???
I heard he was not really that nice a guy.Gee whiz.Duh!
jmv wrote:
When Ed was asked about why he took the girls to Stacey's mothers that night he refused to answer ? There is some kind of a hole in that alibi and when the time comes he's going to try to fill it w/ those girls. Using the victims own children and mother in the commision of her death is common practice for the milignant narcissist.Although Stacey's mom has passed away I do believe this will be his biggest mistake and ultimate undoing. As I said before , the detectives from the NH major crimes unit are the best. The delay in this case is the incompetence of the AG'S office. A little pressure would be nice ?? but hey...it's only been 5 years.
jmv

Lewiston, ME

#312 Mar 21, 2014
Something terrible happened to Russell, his mom knew it, his dad knew it, everybody knew it! Rusty was a good guy with a good life and wouldn't just take off. His wife must have known it too, less than a year later she was so sure o'l Rusty boy wouldn't be coming home she divorced him and married the police chief. Seems like everybody knew Russell Bean was dead, everybody but the local boys as well as the state boys,They did not-a. Ten years went by, Rusty's mom died of a broken heart and her husband took ill along w/ the police chiefs father. Just days before dying the police chief's father had a moment ! He wasn't looking forward to spending eternity in hell so he called the state police and confessed to helping his son burry the dead body of Russell Bean in his boys,the police chiefs 'door yard'. Sure enough the chiefs daddy died and sure enough the state police found the body of Russell Bean right there where he told them they would.Now flash forward 26 years and Russell Beans brother and sister are still waiting for an answer. STILL THINK N.H. CARES ? For those of you cousins out there married to pigs, I'd believe everything they say, you made your bed, wouldn't want it to be in the yard.
HWB

Williston, VT

#313 Mar 22, 2014
To: Jim Vitum
CC: Everyone

Jim

My theory is that they have not arrested Ed because of the connection to the Walker & Varney law firm that apparently represented both Stacy Burns and Roberta Miller in there very contentious divorces. If Ed is arrested then my testimony would potentially expose serious corruption that contributed significantly to these murders. They hold onto you as a suspect to divert the attention away from Ed. If Ed goes down the entire seriously corrupt New Hampshire legal system is at risk including the attorney general’s office. My assertion New Hampshire’s legal system is corrupt is now supported by Michael Gill, a respected businessman who has made his allegations very public. How in the world do you think you are going to pressure the attorney general’s office into arresting Ed when to do so would be exposing themselves? You are a scape goat being used to help cover up these murders. This is no longer about Stacy’s murder; this is about the biggest legal scandal in New Hampshire history. Failure to recognize this only strengthens their assumption that they are immune to legal consequences. An assumption I support but would love to be proven wrong.“Lawyer’s will never spend one minute in jail regardless of the potential or actual consequences”. circa 2008
jmv

Lewiston, ME

#314 Mar 22, 2014
I'm not big on conspiracy theorys,takes too many people with too much motive. Most people just blindly believe the people elected and appointed to protect us care. They care only about themselves,their jobs and their reputations. The slightest possibility Ed could beat them have Strelzin and Gilbert hiding under their desks hoping and praying "we the people" never DEMAND they do their jobs. They will get the same pay for hiding as they would for working. They even give each other awards to reassure their fragile egos. We are being represented by the lowest form of human scum.
HWB

Williamstown, VT

#315 Mar 29, 2014
When you have 5 lawyers involved in your divorce including a Florida lawyer with a concealed financial interest,you learn quickly that this isn't a conspiracy theory.
jmv

Lewiston, ME

#316 Mar 30, 2014
jmv wrote:
Something terrible happened to Russell, his mom knew it, his dad knew it, everybody knew it! Rusty was a good guy with a good life and wouldn't just take off. His wife must have known it too, less than a year later she was so sure o'l Rusty boy wouldn't be coming home she divorced him and married the police chief. Seems like everybody knew Russell Bean was dead, everybody but the local boys as well as the state boys,They did not-a. Ten years went by, Rusty's mom died of a broken heart and her husband took ill along w/ the police chiefs father. Just days before dying the police chief's father had a moment ! He wasn't looking forward to spending eternity in hell so he called the state police and confessed to helping his son burry the dead body of Russell Bean in his boys,the police chiefs 'door yard'. Sure enough the chiefs daddy died and sure enough the state police found the body of Russell Bean right there where he told them they would.Now flash forward 26 years and Russell Beans brother and sister are still waiting for an answer. STILL THINK N.H. CARES ? For those of you cousins out there married to pigs, I'd believe everything they say, you made your bed, wouldn't want it to be in the yard.
Robert Chambers killed Russell Bean ! Strelzin has the body burried in his suspects yard,an eye witness to the killing and the dead man's wife and the killer together less than a year later. Jeff Strelzin will never arrest Robert Chambers and he has an eye witness, still think Eddie is going down ? NOT until N.H. cleans house and elects a Govenor that will hold this AG'S office accountable ! This AG'S office that justified the murder of Wendy Lawrence but won't arrest Robert Chambers.
lap dog

Raymond, ME

#317 Apr 7, 2014
pillfessional wrote:
Im sorry I'm late but I just watched the program and doesn't It seem obvious both the husband and stalker both were in on It together? They both were shoved to the side and she was moving on, so the husband and Mr Brady bunch stalker conspired her death. WHO ever It was I hope u are haunted daily by the images and guilt. And one day It will all come out someone will answer to God. I hope these kids get the healing and therapy needed
Pillfessional is an obvious moron.
Julie g

United States

#318 Apr 10, 2014
I've always thought it was ed DIVORCE BEFORE DEATH burning her skirts because they r too short come on burning them? And when he was interviewed on 20 20 he was wound as tight as a three day clock his face was red rage was simmering just below the surface no wonder she left him and she stated he would kill her and I ask you who had the motive WHO? The motive is angry over the divorce and rejection and the next day court appearance does anyone think that's a coincidence ? The alibi in Boston ? Hogwash he found a way back in the middle of the nite and his friend is covering for him either that or he hired someone else to do it and who would b able to get into the house in the middle of the night and no heard a scream ? It's Ed he covered her mouth while he stabbed her also such a bizarre comment about someone asked him why he had his kids on Mother's Day weekend especially when he was going out of town and he answered I can't get into that it has to do with my alibi What does that mean? blaming Jim vittum is rediculous He wanted her ALIVE That's obvious . so financially Ed had a lot to loose if Stacy lived , Extremely selfish and depraved to take your children's mother from her and then let them wake up to find her , It reminds me of a very famous case , Does OJ Simpson ring a bell ?
crystal vision

Newport, ME

#319 Apr 10, 2014
" i can't get into that. it has to do with my alibi"
if he said this, it is
so blatantly obvious HE knows who killed her ,HUH????

one does not need crystal vision to see that one.
come on AG. lets go after him AND HIS FRIENDS!
put some heat on them.
Wolf PD...don't u kno how to make people feel uncomfortable in their own skin?
bruce says

Lewiston, ME

#320 May 14, 2014
gokart-mozart wrote:
I have been following Duke Southard's blog and just happened on this forum. I don't have an opinion about Ed Burns or Jim Vittum (don't know either of them), but it's fair to say that anything filed in court papers pertaining to a divorce is of questionable truthfulness.
That having been said, I've been interested for a while in the proximity in time between the Jim Lowry arrest and the Burns murder. There are two "drug" issues pertaining to Stacey Burns: 1) Her relationship with a drug user and 2) Her job as a school nurse (and as a parent).
Is it possible that either she was an informant, or that she divulged information about criminal drug activity to a third party (who was an informant), and that she was silenced as a result?
Apologies if this has been discussed before.
Exactly!!!!!!!!
jmv

Lewiston, ME

#321 May 14, 2014
right, and bats could fly out of my butt
bruce says

Lewiston, ME

#322 May 15, 2014
bruce says wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!!!!!!!
http://www.newhampshirelakesandmountains.com/...
Crystal Vision

Belfast, ME

#323 May 17, 2014
Thanks BRUCE!!!

5 years is enough time for people to DEMAND ANSWERS to what really may have happened to STACEY BURNS. Accusing JV is a diversion. LETS GET SOME REAL ANSWERS FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!

Time to get
* JUSTICE FOR STACEY BURNS *
Jamie Vittum

Nashua, NH

#324 May 18, 2014
Amen to that.
HWB

United States

#325 Jun 1, 2014
Check out American Greed episode dubbed "kids for cash". This level of legal corruption can and is happening here in New Hampshire. The Burns and Miller murders are likely connected to this racketeering and conspiracy cover-up. Wolfeboro has not seen the last of it's national head lines making news if justice has a place in 21st century New Hampshire. "Live free or die"... trying.
Reallynow

Wolcott, VT

#326 Jun 3, 2014
Why does it have to be this deep? Why can't you understand evidence is evidence. They only have the evidence they have. Circumstancial evidence is not enough these days. Jury's would like to have video recording of the murder. You have to consider double jeopardy. They cannot do this twice. Beyond a reasonable doubt!
I do believe Stacey's murderer will mess up. I do believe he will unravel. All you have to look at the unravelling he was doing on the days leading to her murder. Following her on dates, looking through her windows, fighting with her and her date. He did this because he was realizing he was losing all control of Stacey. It was no longer just her ex in the picture. Stacey was moving on! He in fact thought everyone would look to her ex to pin the murder on. In the days that followed and certain behaviors people started to think much differently.
Truth is.....a jury would most probably have reasonable doubt because of the horrible way she was treated by her ex. He was emotionally and physically abusive! I however do not believe he was a murderer! But......would a jury be 100% sure? Tough case even for the best and brightest AG.
jmv

Lewiston, ME

#327 Jun 3, 2014
Right. "In the days that followed" those lies like following her, fighting w/ her and looking through windows began to take on a life of their own. The perfect distraction that gives the AG cover to not bring a no brainer to trial.If Strelzin had an eye witness and a confession he might take this case. The N.H. ag's office won't allow a jury to decide their future. The last time they tried that David Mcleod had Foster paying off a judge to stop deleberating after only 8 hrs. so N.H. could call it a mistrial, and by the way they CAN do it again. Ed got away with killing Stacey not because he's smart but because Jeff Strelzin will never allow a jury to decide his political carrer. You can't win if your afraid of losing. jim Vittum
very-very-deep

United States

#328 Jun 12, 2014
Slither aboard the fire-train for a trip through New Hampshire divorce and family law Hell. Satan’s angels (aka lawyers) will guide you every step of the way throughout the tour. Savor the power and control you initially feel and cower as the angels of darkness take over. Let the power of Judas overcome you as you betray God in favor of Satan. Drink of his blood and whence as the power of evil surrounds you. This trip is not for the faint of heart and your faith will be tested like never before. Your very soul will be put on trial. Once aboard that train you can never get off. The darkness of death will collect its toll and some will not make it out alive. The darkness of evil will follow you throughout your days on earth as your soul is condemned to the fires of Hell. You are not alone yet; Satan’s angels will for-never be there for you. At least until the tour has ended and the lawyer fees have been collected.
Concerned

North Windham, CT

#329 Jun 18, 2014
Why! Why! Have they not found this killer! Another thing I've always wondered is why nobody heard anything! When everyone was still in the house ! She must of been drugged with something but who would of had access to anything like that! The manner in which she was killed is pretty nasty! It defiantly was someone mentally ill and how could they be living with themselves without going out of control all the time! Scary to know this person s still out there! I sure hope they find that person soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanbornville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man guilty of 17 counts of sex assault Tue courious juror 1
I assaulted my sister Nov 20 Resistence 1
News State police log, Troop E (Jan '13) Nov 5 Big Pauly 4
News Christina Fay defense asks cop why Humane Socie... Oct 28 AntifaCon 1
What the Heck! What is a junkies favorite Oct 28 Trump who 4
Stacey Burns murder added to cold case list (May '16) Oct 28 Trump Who 37
News 84 Great Danes rescued from suspected puppy mil... Jun '17 Topdog 3

Sanbornville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance