Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year

Apr 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Meredith News

As spring eases into April, memories of the May 10, 2009 murder of school nurse and mother of five, Stacey Burns, come to the fore.

Comments
221 - 240 of 320 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2014
Dontwanttosay

Enfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

I've read enough! Ed burns did this!!! It makes the most sense! If jv mirdered her they would have arrested him. It was ed burns. Think about it. Jim had no alibi. Siting at your ex wife's house isn't an alibi. She isn't even see him. Ed has an " alibi" but he's a suspect. It was ed. I've had an epiphany. Everyone leave jim alone to live his life. Look at him! He's a nice guy. Ed, not so much.
No friend of yours

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dontwanttosay wrote:
I've read enough! Ed burns did this!!! It makes the most sense! If jv mirdered her they would have arrested him. It was ed burns. Think about it. Jim had no alibi. Siting at your ex wife's house isn't an alibi. She isn't even see him. Ed has an " alibi" but he's a suspect. It was ed. I've had an epiphany. Everyone leave jim alone to live his life. Look at him! He's a nice guy. Ed, not so much.
If Jim's such a nice guy, why don't you have your sister, daughter, or other close female friend/relative go out with him? Just don't get him mad or jealous!
No friend of yours

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Dontwanttosay wrote:
He might have to "pin her down" (HIS words 20/20). Yeah, awesome guy! You're obviously a great judge of character!
crimesluth

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

"pin her down" is why he didn't interupt her and Eric Thor on Friday night. He waited till early Sat morning. So Stacey would HAVE to explain, and he would get an honest answer to his question- "what are you doing". That way she was not in a position to lie to him anymore.The statement in context was "I had to confront her, I had to pin her down" Crazy Eddie did it and he has lost custody (no thanks to jeff strelzin) of Stacey's kids.(thank you commonwealth of Massachusetts)
Dontwanttosay

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Stacey burns was mirdered by her husband ed burns. Jim didn't do it. You people are all ignorant. What reason do you to believe Jim did it?! If it was Jim vittum that murdered her he would have been arrested by now. Eds hiding behind litigation. Jim has put all his cards on the table from the start. He tells anyone that asks his story. He dosnt have killer in him. This none sense has really ruined his life until an arrest is made. I don't personally know him or ed but I am certain in my mind that Jim didn't do it. If you people are so worried why not go start a riot at wpd. Demand answers. Call news nine. Make the headlines. That is if you want answers...
jim

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

On May 13th 09 at the community center on Lenher st.Ed Burns embarrassed Jeff Strelzin by owning his kids. From then till now Strelzin has been telling anyone that will listen that Ed did NOT do this.His strategy has been to blame me and let Burns get away with murder.Thankfully the commonwealth of Massachusetts did save the children.The N.H. AG'S office will never arrest Ed Burns. They are not interested in the slightest possibility of losing a case. The NHAG'S office is where politicans come to start their careers. A loss in a murder case is the end of a political career.Another unsolved murder (we have 123) is a good excuse to demand more funding.
HWB

Titusville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Jim, you are being used as a scape goat to prevent the exposure of something far more sinister then you can imagine. The NH authorities literally placed a bulls eye on your back when the Arizona article named you as the killer (yet they can't exclude Ed Burns...hmmm). Should something happen to you, you will forever be linked to this murder and the (cough, cough) investigation will cease. I give you credit for your actions thus far for refusing to remain silent. Had you done so, you'd be sitting on death row by now.
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Why has no one asked Strelzin about that AZ. piece? Seems like big news, it was one thing to have Stacey's brother, on fox 25 news say he 'talked' to Strelzin and believes it's me, quite another to have Strelzin's lead detective in a national newspaper announcing it. But like Strelzin assured me,

"after 5 years no one cares" Tomorrow would have been her 46th birthday.
joni love

Augusta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

PLEASE help/ someone start a new facebook page on and for her birthday..........to plant or display yellow roses in her memory.

~ for Stacey Burns from those who care and want closure for her & her children ~

***~ WE respectfully request/petition the NH AG office to reopen her case.Reinterview everyone.Look at time lines of suspects. All suspects. Keep minds and hearts open.~***

***PLANT YELLOW ROSES in her memory..........
Share,share,share. Soon we will demand it!
HWB

Hillsborough, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

"it was one thing to have Stacey's brother, on fox 25 news say he 'talked' to Strelzin and believes it's me, quite another to have Strelzin's lead detective in a national newspaper announcing it".

If your guilty (or dead), they are not! If Ed Burns is guilty this opens up a can of worms that will be far and away the biggest scandal in New Hampshire history! Who is they? follow the money! Who am I? the next in line to be falsely accused if you are off the hook. I am the whistle blower (and victim) that you have never heard of, but rest assured the attorney generals office knows about me. The state police know about me and even the Manchester union newspaper know about me. As I stated this is bigger then you (or most anyone else thus far) can possibly imagine. We are not talking one murder but many possible murders. We are not talking Ed Burns as killer, we are talking some of the most powerful people in the state as potential murderers. But of course just making these accusations must mean that I'm "mentally unstable". Apparently the truth is the last thing New Hampshire is ready for; the victims families are ready for; or you are ready for.
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Every time I speak with these liars , Strelzin,Gilbert,Roland,Ebert any of them, they start out w/ "Ed should be the killer but he isn't, there is no way he could have done this." By the time I leave (when they get sick of me calling them liars) they have thrown me a bone. One time it was "if we CAN prove he drove to N.H. that doesn't prove he's a killer." One was "well we can't rule him out." And once Roland said "Ed has an attorney" "I can't talk to him" "I have un answered questions of him" It's hard for the AG'S office to spin their lies to me, but they get a high grade for trying. The biggest suprise to me in this whole expirence is the leval of dishonesty that comes from our justice dept. from the cop to the detectives to the AAG even the circut court judges. All of them would rather lie if the truth were a better story. My favorite lie was when Roland told me "windy ridge has changed hands" "we didn't get anything from them" Then I drive up there and talk to the (still) owner (a 30 year friend of mine) and he tells me, "oh ya ! they were here" "they took a machete off the wall, he was going to buy it but I told him "take it". My least favorite lie lead detective Scott Gilbert told me was "Stacey was a lying whore, get over her Jim " I we weren't in the state house and he and his gay side kick Joe Ebert weren't armed I would have punched him. What these paid liars don't know is that I ,like them, record our every conversation. If the time ever comes to put Ed away I will be there but I will never like or respect any of these a$$holes.
Big

Bedford, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

whatever wrote:
Every time I speak with these liars , Strelzin,Gilbert,Roland,Ebert any of them, they start out w/ "Ed should be the killer but he isn't, there is no way he could have done this." By the time I leave (when they get sick of me calling them liars) they have thrown me a bone. One time it was "if we CAN prove he drove to N.H. that doesn't prove he's a killer." One was "well we can't rule him out." And once Roland said "Ed has an attorney" "I can't talk to him" "I have un answered questions of him" It's hard for the AG'S office to spin their lies to me, but they get a high grade for trying. The biggest suprise to me in this whole expirence is the leval of dishonesty that comes from our justice dept. from the cop to the detectives to the AAG even the circut court judges. All of them would rather lie if the truth were a better story. My favorite lie was when Roland told me "windy ridge has changed hands" "we didn't get anything from them" Then I drive up there and talk to the (still) owner (a 30 year friend of mine) and he tells me, "oh ya ! they were here" "they took a machete off the wall, he was going to buy it but I told him "take it". My least favorite lie lead detective Scott Gilbert told me was "Stacey was a lying whore, get over her Jim " I we weren't in the state house and he and his gay side kick Joe Ebert weren't armed I would have punched him. What these paid liars don't know is that I ,like them, record our every conversation. If the time ever comes to put Ed away I will be there but I will never like or respect any of these a$$holes.
You have too much time on your hands. Here's a thought. GET A JOB!
Bigger

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Big wrote:
<quoted text>You have too much time on your hands. Here's a thought. GET A JOB!
Dude has been falsely accused of murder; get a clue
gokart-mozart

Wolfeboro, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

I have been following Duke Southard's blog and just happened on this forum. I don't have an opinion about Ed Burns or Jim Vittum (don't know either of them), but it's fair to say that anything filed in court papers pertaining to a divorce is of questionable truthfulness.

That having been said, I've been interested for a while in the proximity in time between the Jim Lowry arrest and the Burns murder. There are two "drug" issues pertaining to Stacey Burns: 1) Her relationship with a drug user and 2) Her job as a school nurse (and as a parent).

Is it possible that either she was an informant, or that she divulged information about criminal drug activity to a third party (who was an informant), and that she was silenced as a result?

Apologies if this has been discussed before.
Dontwanttosay

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Is the key club real? Was she involved? How do you know the older kids were smoking pot that night? Isn't the owner of duco a drug dealer? Does anyone wonder If he is involved? If he bought Stacey's house he could make it into a large apartment complex??!!
Big

New Boston, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Bigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude has been falsely accused of murder; get a clue
. Oh bigger, I have more of a clue than you could ever imagine. And I know he's been falsely accused.
judgepattensleep swell

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

The Burns had a 2 year unbelievably nasty divorce ! It ended with a 5 day trial, evidence,witnesses, documents. In the end Stacey PROVED fault !! There were enough witnesses and evidence (pictures,police reports etc...) to prove that Ed was abusive !! The judge actually granted Stacey a 5 year restraining order. It was 6 months later when Ed was planning his next move,(murder) that he convinced a different Judge,judge Patten of Wolfeboro (a fool)to drop that order.Then the planning moved ahead and on into her own house where within a week she would be found by her children... dead.
Getaclue

Jaffrey, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Everybody seems to be speculating that there is so much more to this case than there truly is. Jim Vittum would like to distract from the plain truth. Truth is that he went on a jealous rampage and murdered Stacey. He was at the end of his rope with trying to win her love. Common sense is important people. In the days leading up to her murder he was absolutely unraveling. Jim was the only one at the time that had the rage in him to commit this most horrific act. People have described his behavior the night before as well as in past incidences (road rage incidences) as being like a rabid animal. Plain and simple he lost it that night. There is no key club, no drug connection, no attorney divorce plot, just a sick twisted man who could not let her go. He loves to bash her now and tell everybody he was looking out for her best interest, he needed to get her away from all these bad people she was hanging out with. That is why he stalked her for months before she died. Stacey was just too good of a person to make the clean break she needed to from him. That night she died she most likely finally did. Too much for Jim to handle. Now he is living his life under a huge cast of suspicion. Too bad for poor Jim. The truth will come out. Hopefully sooner than later!
Getaclue

Jaffrey, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

judgepattensleepswell wrote:
The Burns had a 2 year unbelievably nasty divorce ! It ended with a 5 day trial, evidence,witnesses, documents. In the end Stacey PROVED fault !! There were enough witnesses and evidence (pictures,police reports etc...) to prove that Ed was abusive !! The judge actually granted Stacey a 5 year restraining order. It was 6 months later when Ed was planning his next move,(murder) that he convinced a different Judge,judge Patten of Wolfeboro (a fool)to drop that order.Then the planning moved ahead and on into her own house where within a week she would be found by her children... dead.
I highly doubt an order would have prevented this horrific murder. Get a clue!
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Jim and Stacey broke up on Easter weekend. The phone records between then and mothersday are very telling.And public infomation too !! I might add.:) "rabid animal" right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sanbornville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trites going belly up? Aug 19 Wentworth 2
Stacey Burns Vittum Interview Aug 6 Concerned 20
piping rock resort 680 n main street (Dec '11) Jul '14 Eyes were there 11
Daughter of ex-Wolfeboro official who uttered '... Jun '14 ryan kelly 3
How We Talk About Race In N.H. Jun '14 Jay Walters 2
Police commissioner resigns in wake of Obama slur May '14 We Have a Winner 21
Police commissioner resigns in wake of Obama slur May '14 brucesays 18

Search the Sanbornville Forum:
•••
•••