Takhar Group is a scam

Posted in the Sanborn Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Scambuster

Troy, MO

#1 Dec 16, 2011
Niagara Falls company, Takhar Group is conducting a nationwide phone scam.

If you see 1-800-620-0371 on your Caller ID or if you get a message asking you to call this number be aware! They continue to harass even after it is shown that they have no business with you. Report these calls to the FTC.

They are located in Niagara Falls. Address: 1623 Military Road, Suite 537, Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Scambuster

Troy, MO

#2 Dec 16, 2011
BBB gives this company a C-
Haha

Willow Springs, MO

#4 Dec 17, 2011
Thats too funny!
Scambuster

Troy, MO

#5 Dec 20, 2011
After numerous promises from them that they would not call me again, I received another call yesterday.
Silly Takhar

Shreveport, LA

#6 Apr 13, 2012
I get calls from these fools fairly regularly. They never ask for me by name. They just leave the rudest message I have ever heard. "The is the Takhar group of companies, we expect the basic decency of a return call." I will never return a call to anyone with such an a-hole message.
Maggizzle

Fairbanks, AK

#7 Apr 16, 2012
Silly Takhar wrote:
I get calls from these fools fairly regularly. They never ask for me by name. They just leave the rudest message I have ever heard. "The is the Takhar group of companies, we expect the basic decency of a return call." I will never return a call to anyone with such an a-hole message.
They left a pretty rude message on my phone on Friday and when I called back today, they asked me about an address that I haven't lived at for over 4 years. Then told me I owed them for some cds or something. when I told her I wasn't paying anything she threatened me with my credit and all kinds of crap, if I really owed it, then it would already be on there.
jimmy

Loveland, OH

#8 May 9, 2012
Maggizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
They left a pretty rude message on my phone on Friday and when I called back today, they asked me about an address that I haven't lived at for over 4 years. Then told me I owed them for some cds or something. when I told her I wasn't paying anything she threatened me with my credit and all kinds of crap, if I really owed it, then it would already be on there.
I got the exact same call and when i told her i didnt buy anything from a music store she threatned me with my credit report also...After doing some research i found out that the company they claim the debt is owed to is no longer in business
Spooky

Haverhill, MA

#9 May 21, 2012
About a year ago, we started getting calls. Since we owe no one A PENNY -- I was mystified.

So I call back. They ask "who is this?" I gave them my phone number. "WHO IS THIS?" I said "you tell me. You called me and said I owe someone some money. You tell me who you're looking for."

Umm-umm-ummm , "uh is there a Joanne"? My wife's name is Joan, so "Joanne WHO?"

"Umm, umm, umm (name)" No. Wrong name. Purge us from your files.

Two more calls - finally I open a file with the RCMP -- they are in Niagara Falls, ON -- next call I ask the supervisor "would you like to go back to jail?" - explaining yes you are beyond the reach of the US FTC, but *NOT* the RCMP or Ontario Provincial Police. Call me here again - you will go back to jail.
Spooky

Haverhill, MA

#10 May 21, 2012
I might add - they never called again.
Sick of the Calls

Firebaugh, CA

#11 May 24, 2012
I'm in California and just got a call from these bozos. They were looking for some guy named Wade. I made her tell me who they were, what they did and ascertained they were a collection agency. She kept insisting she be allowed to talk with "Wade" I told her that I wasn't stopping her, she could talk to him all she wanted but first she had to get his actual phone number. I told her I had had this number for over a year and nobody had ever called for "Wade". I was pretty angry and vocal. We'll see if they call again. She was steaming mad I didn't just tell her she had the wrong number in the first place. This is the 4th or 5th debt collector who has called for someone that maybe, at one time, had this number. I am sick of the whole bunch of scam artists and credit weasels. The telephone company bears some of the responsibility too.
I kept getting calls for--among others--this random woman. Didn't her friends know that her number was changed? I mean how close are you when 6-12 months go by without calling them? I am rude to them all. Once some drunks called "their dear friend" from a hen party in Vegas. They woke me up and really thought she was me. I told them they were all bitches and never wanted to see any of them again!! Wonder how that turned out? LOL! Idiots!
NOT THE HERRERAS

Hesperia, CA

#12 May 25, 2012
These bozos called and left a message - I don't answer phone when working. For over a year now have had this number and they are looking for Antonio and Monique Herrera - they have not had this number for over a year. They call every 2 or 3 days and have the cajones, when I tell them that these people are not here, "Are you sure you don't know them, or do you know someone who knows them?" Ready to sue the lot of 'em - My phone records all numbers called, and for a fee can get a copy from phone company.

Takhar *(&^ off and leave people alone. I'm typing up a list of calls with dates and times and will send to proper authorities here and in Canada.
very angry

Plymouth, MA

#13 Jun 29, 2012
returned the call, figuring i'd be telling them wrong number... the "lady" i got wouldn't let me answer or explain that i have no idea what she's talking about & hung up on me when i finally blew my top... i called back, got someone claiming to be a supervisor who was more rude... called back again. got someone else, told her that i demand written verification of this account they claim i owe... she said they sent a letter, then said they only had 4 digits for my 5 digit zip code... all in all: BS
Nancy N in Pensacola

Destin, FL

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Mostly the same as all the other reports - rude message with no explanation of the reason for their call. When I did call back - the first and ONLY time - to advise them this was a disputed item for which no payment would be coming, their response was - they didn't give one care about legit or disputed they only cared about collecting the money. Learned my lesson - now I let caller ID sort it out, and am sending letters to BBB and credit reporting companies.
bahaha

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jul 12, 2012
Got a call from them today about a 2006 cd order that i know i never placed. So turns out the have a 2008 address linked to a 2006 "debt" that i owe and this lady i talked to swears that im lying! Im pretty sure i know where i have lived. So, after exchanged words i asked why this iant on my credit report, to wich i get the reply of "this is the finale step before it goes to your credit report" really, these ppl are dumb, ive had things go on after a month, but nope, this kind company has decided to wait 6years before reporting this to my credit. How thoughtful! So i told this winner of a woman that my uncle is a debt lawyer and that a debt cannot be acted apon after 4 years (which in my state is the statute of limitations) and if she continued to call and or harass me, i would go to canada and sue and never stop just like they do with the phone calls. She hung up on me. If they call again, im blowing a whistle in the phone and that caller is gonna wish they took a sick day!
docjordon

San Diego, CA

#16 Jul 16, 2012
Hey Did this actually so up on anyone credit report? The called me while I was in the middle of something, and I "confirmed" my name. I assumed they had my ex husbands name, but couldn't pronounce it. Turns out after trying to sort this out, it's not even the same name. Then they have an address on the same street that my ex husbands father used to live. But there' screaming at me. I finally said listen B****, lost my temper... haven't blown a gasket like that in years.. and she's screaming at me, I can hear a bunch of ghetto chic in the back ground screaming to calm down to her. Blah, blah, blah... all over a CD that I never ordered. Didn't even have internet at the time. What I'm wondering is if anything ever showed up, or if I should have my laywer send them something. Thank you.
D Ceniti

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jul 17, 2012
I got a message too, from Takhar group demanding a return call,. When I called they too claimed I owed for a CD that I never ordered. They have terrible folks answering the phone, and it borders on threatening. I called my PA AG office, they instructed me to request ALL documentation that I ordered this CD.
Girl at Takhar group refused, then mentioned my credit report. If they cannot prove any of this, which would be easy by sending info requested, something is wrong. Shouldn't they be more than happy to do this? They can't, it doesn't exist.
Kracker jack

Concord, CA

#18 Aug 30, 2012
NOT THE HERRERAS wrote:
These bozos called and left a message - I don't answer phone when working. For over a year now have had this number and they are looking for Antonio and Monique Herrera - they have not had this number for over a year. They call every 2 or 3 days and have the cajones, when I tell them that these people are not here, "Are you sure you don't know them, or do you know someone who knows them?" Ready to sue the lot of 'em - My phone records all numbers called, and for a fee can get a copy from phone company.
Takhar *(&^ off and leave people alone. I'm typing up a list of calls with dates and times and will send to proper authorities here and in Canada.
They called me twice. I called back she said based on this number were looking for alberta herrera. I said wrong number. She alright ill remove it.
Hot in Texas

United States

#19 Sep 17, 2012
These bozos have called twice. I called back & told the bit-- on the other to send the debt info to me in writing so I can have my lawyer deal with it then hung up. Columbia House went out of business in 2005. They forgave all customers & gave everything to BMG online music. These jerks are going thru old customer lists trying to scare you into paying bogus biils. I am pretty sure the statute of limitations has run out! My next step is to buy a whistle & blow it into the phone the next time they call. Ya think that will stop them?! It is worth a shot.
Ron

Arlington, VA

#20 Sep 18, 2012
I can not comprehend why government regulators allow this company to operate. The owners and their staff are horrible, thoughtless people who seek to take advantage of uneducated and timid people through lies, deception and unethical practices. Put very simply -- they are scum. If they call, I strongly encourage you to immediately terminate the call.
Kat

United States

#21 Oct 2, 2012
I have has several rude messages from this group! I finally called back and ask to have my number removed from my list and they hung up on me....called back the same woman answered the phone and said "your number has been removed so what do you want?" Seriously what legitimate bussiness treats people like that! Especially when I have never known the person they are asking for!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) Sun AndiA 59,672
News Man admits sex abuse of daughter's friends (Aug '07) May 18 cody grucza 286
News Upstate NY college student accused of raping wo... May 9 StopOrIWillShoot 1
Dealings' rides (Jun '11) May 9 mtnlver 12
Review: MGM Electrical Surplus Co Inc (Oct '14) May 5 watching livonia 2
noise May 5 schreibdog 1
News Signs of Success (May '08) May 3 credibility 34
More from around the web

Sanborn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]