Premium Outlets Open In Montgomery Co.

Premium Outlets Open In Montgomery Co.

There are 11 comments on the Cbs3.com story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Premium Outlets Open In Montgomery Co.. In it, Cbs3.com reports that:

Just in time for the holidays: a new place to "shop-till-you-drop." The Philadelphia Premium Outlets has opened on 78 acres near Sanatoga in upper Montgomery County. via Cbs3.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs3.com.

Mee2

Pottstown, PA

#1 Nov 11, 2007
Did anyone else visit the PHiladelphia Premium Outlets this weekend? I visited on Saturday. The parking lot was packed. If you go when it's busy, go in the second entrance, turn right once you're in the parking lot and go all the way around the building to the back near Reebok and Ruby Tuesdays. There were a lot more spaces there than anywhere else, although by early afternoon, there were no spaces and 422 was backed up for a couple miles. I heard that one guy who lives near there was doing parking in his yard for $10 per car.
If you go, go online and sign up for the VIP club and print out a voucher to get a free coupon booklet. If you don't bring in the voucher, they cost $5. Overall, it was a nice shopping center and all the stores were organized and with nice sales staff. Some of the stores had great deals, and some really didn't have good deals at all. Be careful in outlet stores because just because it is an outlet, it doesn't mean that it is the best price around.
Shortchanged

Greenwich, NJ

#2 Nov 12, 2007
I visited on Friday the 9th. No trouble parking at 9:45 A.M. The stores I visited did not show me super pricing. Vanity Fare in Reading (Better pricing) and warmer. Local stores in Royersford have better pricing and no parking problems. Most of the product is from China,so why the high pricing??????
Alf

Lansdale, PA

#3 Nov 12, 2007
I live in the area. If there is long line at the Sanatoga exit(travelling eastbound) you might consider continuing up to the next exit (Armmand Hammer), go straight at the light, proceed about 200 yards, turn left to 422 west to Sanatoga exit. It's much lighter traffic in the westbound direction.
outlet shopper

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Nov 13, 2007
I love the Philly Premium Outlets in Limerick. We went on Friday and Saturday nights, it is like the boardwalk in Jersey - with the amount of people walking around. I am thrilled to have 140 stores in one location in Limerick! Not having to drive to Reading or King of Prussia is amazing. Now we have choice, not just one or two places to choose from. I've lived her over 20 years and I am still looking for the catch - how could we get so lucky? Love all the sporting good stores, kitchen speciality products, the chance to see the designer clothes (which I can't afford) but there is always the clearance racks! 140 stores plus phase 2 has begun. I'm thrilled!
Hmmmmm

Pottstown, PA

#5 Nov 14, 2007
I think the catch is 1) the traffic and 2) the prices aren't very good anyhow. I also read an article that there was a major shoplifter there the day of the opening.

I hope the center ends up being financially positive for the township, but that probably needs to be seen after 5 -10 years of operation.....
Miss Vette

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 16, 2007
I enjoyed shopping at the outlets last Saturday 11/10/07. I arrived at the outlets at 10:00A.M. There was parking avaiable although by the time I left the outlets at 1:30 PM. parking was limited. I enjoyed the stores, the food and the atmosphere.I plan to visit monthly. Get there early. And enjoy.
Pat

AOL

#7 Nov 16, 2007
Went to new Outlets for first time tonight. Many of the stores are very tiny inside. The prices are NOT nearly as good as Kohls, Boscovs, Macys - on sale or not. The Brooks Bros. does not offer any alterations, so prepare to pay full price and then find your own tailor. The Outlets' roof openings are going to make for some real fun in snow and ice! But what I found the most disturbing is that the hallway walls leading into the restrooms were completely filthy - full of scuff marks, mud,and dirt. Heck, the place has been only open a week !! Clean up please.
Jmoney

Maple Shade, NJ

#8 Nov 20, 2007
Stop complaining. The outlets are a wonderful addition to an essentially boring town. If you haven't been to to the outlets, go. These rookie shoppers do not know how to find bargans... there are plenty of clearances to choose from. As for the bathrooms/ hallways, stop, get your deals and go to the bathroom at home, you can "clean up" after your self there. The hallways were a little scruffy but to go shopping, one does not need to go through the hallways... walk around them... typical American complaint... Kohls, Boscovs, Macys all have very cheap clothing, nonetheless, but if you want to have the GOOD name brand stuff, check out the outlets.
Dane

Danville, PA

#9 Nov 28, 2007
Nice misuse of the word "outlets". Go to Reading - that's where the outlets are. Bargain hunting in this place is a waste of time. Overall, boring place but then again all malls are.
Shortchanged

Glenolden, PA

#10 Dec 2, 2007
IF YOU BELIEVE A BARGAIN IS A DISCOUNT FROM $55.99 RETAIL TO $52.99 YOUR BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE. THAT'S THE KIND OF DEAL MY GRANDSON THOUGHT HE RECEIVED. READING IS A MUCH BETTER BARGAIN.
Cat

Norristown, PA

#11 Mar 12, 2008
I absolutely love these outlets, they are great! I have found unbelievable deals every time I go. Now, not every store offers great deals but that depends on the store. Some outlet stores offer better deals than others and that has nothing to do with this particular outlet center. Also, for the type of quality you are getting, they are amazing deals. Most of these stores are high end designers. I got a shirt at BCBG that was originally $190 for only $30 and I know that was the original price because I had seen the same exact shirt being sold at Macy's for the original price. Also, they have extra coupons online and the VIP book available on top of any deals in the stores. If you would rather go to Reading, go for it. I'd be happy to have the outlets all to myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanatoga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda pritchett and bradley wayne stacy wanted!!! 14 hr A Concerned Citizen 1
Have we lost respect for FREEDOM? May 31 Clay Leister 1
What has 150 Years Yielded for Boyertown? May '16 Clay Leister 1
Review: Saldutti Car Corner (May '15) May '16 stay away 10
joe tornetta Apr '16 cmg 4
Boyertown Borough Needs Solutions! Apr '16 Clay Leister 1
joe tornetta Mar '16 posserfake 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sanatoga Mortgages