just wondering

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2010
Does anyone out there think certain Doctors in Willcox are over medicating the elderly.
you know

Plymouth, MA

#2 Feb 20, 2010
just wondering wrote:
Does anyone out there think certain Doctors in Willcox are over medicating the elderly.
Yes I do! The elderly should run for the hills! The Pharmaceutical reps must be a great job provindg Willcox doctors with free meals, tickets, etc. Why else would Willcox doctors
be out of control with their presecriptions? Run!
concerned

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2010
you know wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do! The elderly should run for the hills! The Pharmaceutical reps must be a great job provindg Willcox doctors with free meals, tickets, etc. Why else would Willcox doctors
be out of control with their presecriptions? Run!
Unfortunately the elderly trust everything the doctor tells them. A certain Doc in Willcox has my Aunt on 3 different pain killers. not including the other drugs for heart, diabetes, blood pressure etc... her kids live out of state and I am trying to figure out what is going on.
I agree with you, they are just out for the perks they get.
If I could figure out how to report this I would.

“Killah89107”

Since: Apr 08

Las Vegas, Nevada

#4 Mar 3, 2010
This belongs in the Wilcox discussion forum, not the Safford discussion forum.

“Pray for the Children”

Since: Nov 08

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Asgarnieu wrote:
This belongs in the Wilcox discussion forum, not the Safford discussion forum.
The top of my form does says Willcox. but hay... this is about Doctors taking advantage of the elderly, It can even happen in Safford.

“Killah89107”

Las Vegas, Nevada

#6 Mar 4, 2010
It's "hey," not "hay." Like I said; this belongs in the Wilcox discussion forum. Wilcox &#8800; Safford.

“Pray for the Children”

Since: Nov 08

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2010
Asgarnieu wrote:
It's "hey," not "hay." Like I said; this belongs in the Wilcox discussion forum. Wilcox &#8800; Safford.
I'm sorry, you took my comment the wrong way. I was not trying to be nasty.

“Killah89107”

Las Vegas, Nevada

#8 Mar 5, 2010
I understood in the first place. I didn't take it as you being nasty.
Sheila

Rockford, IL

#9 Dec 31, 2010
I am investigating my fathers death. My fathers doctor prescribed over 1,200 pain killers in a years time. He died.
joanNYadoptees

Willcox, AZ

#10 Mar 3, 2011
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the elderly trust everything the doctor tells them. A certain Doc in Willcox has my Aunt on 3 different pain killers. not including the other drugs for heart, diabetes, blood pressure etc... her kids live out of state and I am trying to figure out what is going on.
I agree with you, they are just out for the perks they get.
If I could figure out how to report this I would.
Hi, if your aunt has a GP, bring all the meds there at the next appointment. Ask why she should be taking all three at the same time,??? Most seniors are being overmedicated. Its not a new problem. They did that to my dad too. Gave him too much cholesterol meds.(not here in az) I caught it, because I knew the names, and generics of the same meds.

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#11 Jul 22, 2014
Its a problem all over. One med causes a problem so they try to fix it with another instead of stopping the med that caused the problem.

All seniors or anyone for that matter who are on several meds should be their whole bag of stuff to the dr. and go over it.

Joan

ps this is the willcox forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Simon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunsites resident calls for action on water rig... Sep '14 DTA-1 1
Chiricahua Album - Willcox, Arizona, United States (Apr '08) Jul '14 joanNYadoptees 3
Az Birth Parents who relinquished a child (Jun '12) Jul '14 joanNYadoptees 5
Willcox theater (Feb '13) Jul '14 joanNYadoptees 7
need a job Jul '14 needwork 1
Presbyterian Church joins boycott (Jul '10) Jun '14 USA Today 6
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun '14 Musikologist 18
San Simon Dating
Find my Match

San Simon Jobs

San Simon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Simon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Simon