Man Dead After Early Morning Shooting In San Saba

Full story: KEYE-TV Austin

One man is dead after an early morning shooting in San Saba County. According to police, around 5 a.m. Jimmy Doyle Peel, Jr.
Comments
1 - 20 of 230 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2014
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
bob

San Angelo, TX

#1 Feb 17, 2006
i hope that Bryan rots in hell!!!
barbara

San Angelo, TX

#2 Feb 17, 2006
we love you jimbo! R.I.P.!!!
Amy

Stillwater, OK

#3 Feb 17, 2006
My thoughts, prayers, and love to my family during this difficult time. I love you all. May we all remember Jimbo for the good times shared together.
Laura

Midland, TX

#4 Feb 18, 2006
Don't think that will bring Jimmy back, and I don't think you know the whole story, this was an ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!! It is God's place to judge not yours. So whoever you are we will pray for you.
Laura

Midland, TX

#5 Feb 18, 2006
Laura wrote:
Don't think that will bring Jimmy back, and I don't think you know the whole story, this was an ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!! It is God's place to judge not yours. So whoever you are we will pray for you.
This is for you Bob
Jeri from San Saba

AOL

#6 Feb 19, 2006
Jimbo lived with me at the time of his so called accident.
I can say that a week and a half ago, jimbo and his friend came to my house telling my husband and I that bryan was in the other room telling someone how he was going to kill jimbo. Our friend that was with Jimbo calmed Bryan down and put the gun up. The police have our Statements. Now this could still be a accident but i am scared that speed is the cause of this. Jimbo was clean from meth. He lived with my family and I since Christmas. My family loved him dearly. He was part of us. My kids ask about him daily. As much as Jimbo hated meth, it is sad that he died because someone else was high. Jimbo, We love you dearly I know you will be with us and the kids every day. They miss you bunches.....
KRISTIE

Buford, GA

#7 Feb 24, 2006
Laura wrote:
Don't think that will bring Jimmy back, and I don't think you know the whole story, this was an ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!! It is God's place to judge not yours. So whoever you are we will pray for you.
iF YU DON'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY MAYBE YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!! THIS INVESTIGATION IS FAR FROM OVER SO UNTIL THEN KEEP MY BROTHER'S NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.
Tammy Atlanta GA

Stone Mountain, GA

#8 Feb 24, 2006
Just wanted to post and say that I have had the priviledge to meet Jimbo on several occasions.... He was very specail young man. No matter what the (whole)story is... this does not justify death! My Love and Prayers to the Peel Family!
Stephanie

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2006
I just wanted to say that I've had the priviledge to know Jimbo by being his sister in law and he lived with me and my husband for awhile. Whether this was an ACCICENT (which I don't believe it was) or not this is a very sad time because Jimbo did not deserve this. He had a huge heart and I'm very honored to have known him. He was like a son and a brother to me. I cared a lot about him and I know a lot of people are hurt with all of this and I hope the real truth comes out soon. Our prayers are with the rest of the family.
Stephanie

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2006
Laura wrote:
Don't think that will bring Jimmy back, and I don't think you know the whole story, this was an ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!! It is God's place to judge not yours. So whoever you are we will pray for you.
First off we will pray for you. If you knew him at all you would never have called him Jimmy. All of his friends and family know him by Jimbo. Secondly you don't know the whole story either if you weren't there. I pray this was an accident but the truth will come out soon enough or we pray it does for Jimbo's sake and for the family. He did not deserve this!!! The family will get to the bottom of this one way or another!!!
Michelle and Jason Ellis

Memphis, TN

#11 Feb 27, 2006
my brother and I, as well as my parents Mike and Karen, have known Jimbo since he was 13. He and Brett lived with us for YEARS here in Memphis, TN. We all took care of Jimbo. He would sometimes leave and go back to San Sabs, but when he returned here to Memphis, our house was his first stop and my brother Jason was usuallythe first one he called! heck we even used to picked him up from the bus station at wee hours in the morning! Clint called us to tell us the news and my brother and family immediately was hysterical. We are so deeply saddened by this event. My 4 year old littel girl is now carrying his picture around , she calls him "BoBo" which is what i used to call him sometimes!! My brother is haveing an extremely hard time with this...he had just talked to Jimbo a few days before this happened and Jimbo was soon going to be coming to Memphis to stsy with him for awhile. Jimbo was such a sweet guy that would do anything you asked him to, he was alays helping. He was the only one i could talk into going on middle of the night night taco bell runs with me!!! We are gonna miss him terribly. I was not there the at the time of ths shooting or anything...but knowing all that i do know, i do not believe this shooting was an accident. And it is a sad sorry excuse for a human being that would shoot someone in the back of the head, that is someone who is a completely and utterly a COWARD! Jimbo was never afraid of anyone or anything and he took like head on no matter what hand life gave him he delt with it head on.....he never backed down from anything no matter how big. But now, he is no longer living, and we who loved him will have to deal with that for the rest of our lives, as well as his daughter he had. All because of of some punk coward. Rest in peace Jimbo...you don;t have to fight or stress anymore...We love you!!!!
Michelle and Jason Ellis

Memphis, TN

#12 Feb 27, 2006
does anyone know wher i can find Jimbo's obitiary?? and Stephanie are you Clint's wife? if so you can email me at kayte1127@yahoo.com Clint knows who i am...just ask him.... i am making my brother a scrapbook of him and Jimbo. and i wanted to read the obituary.......and Stephanie is right...noone who really knew Jimbo ever called him "Jimmy".....you can email me at
kayte1127@yahoo.com thanks so much and again i am praying for your family in this very rough time.....hearing that Jimbo had been killed was like hearing that my brother had been killed..that's how close we were......anyone who knew Jimbo and that smile of his is truely blessed!!!
Sherry Berryhill

Early, TX

#13 Feb 28, 2006
Jimbo
Sherry Berryhill

Early, TX

#14 Feb 28, 2006
As A close family member in San Saba I would like to report. The investigation continues.After my inquiry to the local police Department yesterday, the Texas Ranger Joey Gordon called and said that the autopsy report can not be released to anyone due to the ongoing investigation. He also said that a few people have come forward to report Bryans'(the Killer)recent threats towars Jimbo.Ther are alot of rumors circulating in San Saba, but I can assure you that we (the family) will push this until the truth comes out.I encourage anyone to write to our local paper you can access it online( www.sansabanews.com ) go to San Saba& then letter to the editor,it is free to post. Bryans (the killer) family is already trying to reach out to potential jurrors and get sympathy.Jimbo(Bo-Legs)gone but not forgotten.my address is areawide@centex.net
Sherry B San Saba

Early, TX

#15 Feb 28, 2006
Michelle and Jason Ellis wrote:
does anyone know wher i can find Jimbo's obitiary?? and Stephanie are you Clint's wife? if so you can email me at kayte1127@yahoo.com Clint knows who i am...just ask him.... i am making my brother a scrapbook of him and Jimbo. and i wanted to read the obituary.......and Stephanie is right...noone who really knew Jimbo ever called him "Jimmy".....you can email me at
kayte1127@yahoo.com thanks so much and again i am praying for your family in this very rough time.....hearing that Jimbo had been killed was like hearing that my brother had been killed..that's how close we were......anyone who knew Jimbo and that smile of his is truely blessed!!!
Stephanie, is Scotty Waynes'wife, stephanie.peel@morgankeegan.co m. Clint is married to Heather, HeatherMW@aol.com
Stephanie

United States

#16 Feb 28, 2006
Michelle and Jason Ellis wrote:
does anyone know wher i can find Jimbo's obitiary?? and Stephanie are you Clint's wife? if so you can email me at kayte1127@yahoo.com Clint knows who i am...just ask him.... i am making my brother a scrapbook of him and Jimbo. and i wanted to read the obituary.......and Stephanie is right...noone who really knew Jimbo ever called him "Jimmy".....you can email me at
kayte1127@yahoo.com thanks so much and again i am praying for your family in this very rough time.....hearing that Jimbo had been killed was like hearing that my brother had been killed..that's how close we were......anyone who knew Jimbo and that smile of his is truely blessed!!!
I'm Scotty's wife. Thank you so much and I will keep in touch with you on everything we hear. I'm going to write your e-mail address down. Also I will e-mail you so you will have my e-mail address. It's my work e-mail so I don't won't to post it up on here.
Stephanie

United States

#17 Feb 28, 2006
Sherry B San Saba wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephanie, is Scotty Waynes'wife, stephanie.peel@morgankeegan.co m. Clint is married to Heather, HeatherMW@aol.com
Thank you! I haven't had a chance to get online today until just recently. I just want to also thank you for keeping all of us informed on what's going on. It really means alot. Jimbo was very loved and I'm glad we have so many people fighting to know the truth of this. Thanks again!!!
kristie

Buford, GA

#18 Feb 28, 2006
Michelle and Jason Ellis wrote:
my brother and I, as well as my parents Mike and Karen, have known Jimbo since he was 13. He and Brett lived with us for YEARS here in Memphis, TN. We all took care of Jimbo. He would sometimes leave and go back to San Sabs, but when he returned here to Memphis, our house was his first stop and my brother Jason was usuallythe first one he called! heck we even used to picked him up from the bus station at wee hours in the morning! Clint called us to tell us the news and my brother and family immediately was hysterical. We are so deeply saddened by this event. My 4 year old littel girl is now carrying his picture around , she calls him "BoBo" which is what i used to call him sometimes!! My brother is haveing an extremely hard time with this...he had just talked to Jimbo a few days before this happened and Jimbo was soon going to be coming to Memphis to stsy with him for awhile. Jimbo was such a sweet guy that would do anything you asked him to, he was alays helping. He was the only one i could talk into going on middle of the night night taco bell runs with me!!! We are gonna miss him terribly. I was not there the at the time of ths shooting or anything...but knowing all that i do know, i do not believe this shooting was an accident. And it is a sad sorry excuse for a human being that would shoot someone in the back of the head, that is someone who is a completely and utterly a COWARD! Jimbo was never afraid of anyone or anything and he took like head on no matter what hand life gave him he delt with it head on.....he never backed down from anything no matter how big. But now, he is no longer living, and we who loved him will have to deal with that for the rest of our lives, as well as his daughter he had. All because of of some punk coward. Rest in peace Jimbo...you don;t have to fight or stress anymore...We love you!!!!
that
This is Jimbos sister and I know that he loved you guys he spoke of you very often when he lived with me here in atlanta. Thank you so much for your support and as already stated, our family will find out what happened one way or the other.
Michelle and Jason Ellis

Memphis, TN

#19 Mar 1, 2006
kristie wrote:
<quoted text> that
This is Jimbos sister and I know that he loved you guys he spoke of you very often when he lived with me here in atlanta. Thank you so much for your support and as already stated, our family will find out what happened one way or the other.
my brother is convinced that it was a set up. he said knowing Jimbo and knowing that Bryan had been threatening Jimbo..he thinks that Jimbo just tried to keep the peace and then eventually Bryan just kinda backed off and pretended to be friends again and talked him into to going into the woods to "hunt" or whatever they were doing....and that is was all planned from the get go....and that Jimbo never even saw it coming.....and i think that is the fact that makes this the hardest...the fact that he was shot in the back of the head and could not defend himself.....because knowimg Jimbo if he had any idea about it he would have fought to the end..head on...he would not have given up.......and i think Bryan knew that...he knew he could not win facing Jimbo head on FACE TO FACE! i am just so mad about this whole thing!
ALI RENEE SARAH JORDAN

AOL

#20 Mar 2, 2006
As a friend and ex girlfriend Jimbo is very close to me and my family!! Ever since the day i brought him home to meet my mom "renee" she fell in love with him! she would take him shopping and they would just hang out all day like he was her son. even when me and jimbo went our seperate ways she still loved him the most out of all my friends! I would call home late at night and i would get yelled at but jimbo would call and she would be right up talking to him for hours.He lived with us for a few months and became close to my little brother and sister "sarah&jordan" he was like an older brother they didnt have.they loved him so much whatever they wanted to do he was right there with them. HE's such a big kid :) so every family vacation jimbo had to be there no matter what. he went with to Florida 04 for his first time to the beach it was so much fun. we miss him so much words could never explain the love we have for him!!!!!!! our love and prayers to all of the peel family in MEMPHIS,TEXAS,and u 2 KRISTIE ATL.
R.I.P. JIMBO THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Saba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr fubar 17,858
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Jenks 22,274
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 18 hr Gasman 663
Laura parks Aug 26 Laura Parks 3
logans furniture (Sep '08) Aug 25 m 8
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
•••
•••
•••

San Saba Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Saba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

San Saba News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Saba
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••