Next Last
citizen x

San Saba, TX

#1 Sep 13, 2012
There needs to be more jobs for our community
Booger

Cherokee, TX

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Probably because there is a shortage of people willing or qualified to execute any job with any degree of competency or skill.
Explain

San Saba, TX

#3 Sep 14, 2012
How do they stop someone from coming?
penelope

San Saba, TX

#4 Sep 14, 2012
the reason there are not any new business is because half of the people that get hired steal or just do not come to work. Hope that answers your questions..
somebody

San Saba, TX

#5 Sep 20, 2012
becouse all the rich old peaple dont want the town to change
Booger

Cherokee, TX

#6 Sep 20, 2012
somebody wrote:
becouse all the rich old peaple dont want the town to change
I've heard that same argument for 50 years...... it didn't make sense then and it doesn't now.
If you really want to know the reason, look at the labor pool.
Just Saying

San Saba, TX

#7 Oct 6, 2012
Business owners do not want to pay for skilled labor, so they hire unskilled labor for minimum wage. Then their employees do not make enough money to make ends meet; they apply for food stamps etc. Then the businesses go out of business, because no one has the money to shop for any goods/services the businesses have to offer. People with professional skills (for the most part) will look elsewhere for higher wages, and the cycle continues. If you are a business owner and your employees qualify for food stamps/WIC then you are relying on the taxpayers to subsidise your employees wages. If you cannot afford to pay decent wages to your employees, then one must wonder how successful your business really is. If you can afford decent wages and choose to pay minimum wage, then you saying it is okay to steal from taxpayers in order to pay the balance of the wages your employees earn. The same business owners that would adamantly disagree with welfare programs will continue to pay minimum wage, wonder why they can't find good help, and wonder why their businesses have low sales.
Just observing

New Braunfels, TX

#8 Oct 7, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Business owners do not want to pay for skilled labor, so they hire unskilled labor for minimum wage. Then their employees do not make enough money to make ends meet; they apply for food stamps etc. Then the businesses go out of business, because no one has the money to shop for any goods/services the businesses have to offer. People with professional skills (for the most part) will look elsewhere for higher wages, and the cycle continues. If you are a business owner and your employees qualify for food stamps/WIC then you are relying on the taxpayers to subsidise your employees wages. If you cannot afford to pay decent wages to your employees, then one must wonder how successful your business really is. If you can afford decent wages and choose to pay minimum wage, then you saying it is okay to steal from taxpayers in order to pay the balance of the wages your employees earn. The same business owners that would adamantly disagree with welfare programs will continue to pay minimum wage, wonder why they can't find good help, and wonder why their businesses have low sales.
Well said. There is even less skilled labor in San Saba today than in the past leaving absolutley the worst unskilled labor pool you could imagine choosing from. Anyone graduating from high school in SS that attains any level of education, skilled labor, or technical abilities has long left for the big city creating the current situation that exists. People that do have admirable employment skills either own their own business, work for the school district, commute somewhere else, or work via the internet at home. It really is a sad situation compounded by a poor economy. Fortunately San Saba has a couple of redeeming qualities, ecotourism and its remote location which is attractive to big city land buyers looking for a recreational ranch or a retirement location. To think that someone would move a big business, or factory of some sort, that would magically employ hundreds of these unskilled laborers is unrealistic. The city will never be able to do it, nor will the chamber of commerce or any other group attempting to attract any sort of business attention. San Saba will continue to suffer the same fate that 95% of most small towns face, a dwindling population that increases in age, a smaller tax base, fewer skilled workers, and a decline in infrastructure. Its a long slow death, you can see it anytime you drive into town from any direction, regardless of the attempts to make the downtown area more attractive. The city of San Saba has gone to seed a long time ago, too bad most of it hasnt sprouted anything and the majority of it looks like it has already rotted.
geezer

Jacksonville, TX

#9 Oct 9, 2012
anybody ever been to Fredericksburg? As long as you people have lack of vision like the morons in this blog you'll be a tiny little town and people that disappears into it's own black hole. There are millions of business models out there and you can't think of one? Come on, get on the trolley. The future's going by like the Super Chief, get on board.
Just observing

New Braunfels, TX

#10 Oct 9, 2012
geezer wrote:
anybody ever been to Fredericksburg? As long as you people have lack of vision like the morons in this blog you'll be a tiny little town and people that disappears into it's own black hole. There are millions of business models out there and you can't think of one? Come on, get on the trolley. The future's going by like the Super Chief, get on board.
You've obviously never been to SS! It aint Fredricksburg, Einstein, and calling people morons only demonstrates what kind of a moron you really are. You certainly didnt offer up any business models did you??? Since your such a genius why dont you give the good ole people of SS a new business model to consider?? I think your trolley has already left the station or you just like to talk shit and act big. Offer something up or shut up.
geezer

Center Point, TX

#11 Oct 10, 2012
BandB's at remote locations on the river ranches creeks, and above the stores downtown, Water park, more music venues, I'm seeing downtown coming around even as we speek. The parks are now jewels of places to go. Really pump up the RV park by the golf course. That gets more people in to the area. Watch the growth in the south end of the county from the big medical center going in over south of Marble Falls. Try to draw in an HEB and draw business away from the LLano shops by finding out the demographics they require. Spend money on advertising lots of money including Bend State Park, the Colorado RIver and fishing/canoeing, the shops downtown, pecans, the parks, and all they encompass. Make a wild hog the mascot to draw in hunters and trapers. THe great fishing? I lived in Fburg and had a thriving business with growth when it was a SS and now I'm seeing positive signs in SS.....I've been in SS for over 10 years and see positive signs. Just keep it coming. You and your shit attitude obviously are part of what's wrong with SS.
Yikes

San Saba, TX

#12 Oct 10, 2012
How about a little positivity!:) I have hope for San Saba. This is my home town and I would like to see it flourish.
geezer

Center Point, TX

#13 Oct 10, 2012
Yikes wrote:
How about a little positivity!:) I have hope for San Saba. This is my home town and I would like to see it flourish.
You are correct. It's already happening ..
Booger

Cherokee, TX

#14 Oct 10, 2012
I hope you are right about the growth but I still feel that the attitude of the work force needs to change. There is nothing wrong with serving others in a cheerful, caring manner.
geezer

Center Point, TX

#15 Oct 10, 2012
as far as skilled labor, build it and they will come. WHy would you have a bunch of brain surgeons and metallurgical engineers around here. But the cheap prices of beautiful ranches on creeks and rivers has brought lots of money in already. Hwy. 71 is moving northwest toward us and Marble Falls and the 1100 acre medical/retail center with lots of high paying jobs. Here it comes......
Booger

San Saba, TX

#16 Oct 10, 2012
When I mentioned skilled labor I was thinking more along the lines of being able to make change and accomplish other simple tasks
Just observing

New Braunfels, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2012
geezer wrote:
BandB's at remote locations on the river ranches creeks, and above the stores downtown, Water park, more music venues, I'm seeing downtown coming around even as we speek. The parks are now jewels of places to go. Really pump up the RV park by the golf course. That gets more people in to the area. Watch the growth in the south end of the county from the big medical center going in over south of Marble Falls. Try to draw in an HEB and draw business away from the LLano shops by finding out the demographics they require. Spend money on advertising lots of money including Bend State Park, the Colorado RIver and fishing/canoeing, the shops downtown, pecans, the parks, and all they encompass. Make a wild hog the mascot to draw in hunters and trapers. THe great fishing? I lived in Fburg and had a thriving business with growth when it was a SS and now I'm seeing positive signs in SS.....I've been in SS for over 10 years and see positive signs. Just keep it coming. You and your shit attitude obviously are part of what's wrong with SS.
The only person that has a shit attitude here is you! What in hell is a BandB?????? Most all of your other ideas are already in place, and nobody is going to come all the way to SS from marble falls just because they have a medical center there. What are you smoking? San Saba has to stand on its own merit and qualities and nobody elses. It aint Fredricksburg and never will be, they are two totally separate communities and cultures, completely. There is NO shopping in SS and no restaurants worth mentioning. Your business models suck and you can take your shit attitude somewhere else.
Ccdaisey

Euless, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2012
Just observing wrote:
<quoted text>The only person that has a shit attitude here is you! What in hell is a BandB?????? Most all of your other ideas are already in place, and nobody is going to come all the way to SS from marble falls just because they have a medical center there. What are you smoking? San Saba has to stand on its own merit and qualities and nobody elses. It aint Fredricksburg and never will be, they are two totally separate communities and cultures, completely. There is NO shopping in SS and no restaurants worth mentioning. Your business models suck and you can take your shit attitude somewhere else.
You have a reading comprehension problem, this person was being positive.
geezer

Center Point, TX

#19 Oct 13, 2012
Just observing wrote:
<quoted text>The only person that has a shit attitude here is you! What in hell is a BandB?????? Most all of your other ideas are already in place, and nobody is going to come all the way to SS from marble falls just because they have a medical center there. What are you smoking? San Saba has to stand on its own merit and qualities and nobody elses. It aint Fredricksburg and never will be, they are two totally separate communities and cultures, completely. There is NO shopping in SS and no restaurants worth mentioning. Your business models suck and you can take your shit attitude somewhere else.
800 to 1000 bandb's in Fburg. Avg price $110 a nite. All full most of the time. I ran one for six years. First large building is going in at 71/281 on the Northwest Corner. Just Observing should always be spoken of in the third person once and then never mentioned again. THe old way is dying along with the old stupidity.....
geezer

Center Point, TX

#20 Oct 14, 2012
Just observing wrote:
WHat the hell is a bandb? THere's your trouble, you've had a debilitating stroke or an attack of terminal dumbass. Back in your box, here comes the future, get out of the way. Negatives don't get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Saba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassandra Gonzales Sun la changa 1
News The TYC facility in San Saba may soon become an... (Apr '07) Sun iknowthetruthabou... 146
Pregnant girls Apr 25 wtf 5
Joe Cox @ it again Apr 24 a friend 14
Summer Blair Apr 24 a friend 4
who are san saba's real big time drug dealers? (Jun '07) Apr 24 SST 111
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
More from around the web

San Saba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]