We're a top city again for liveability

We're a top city again for liveability

There are 8 comments on the Pleasanton Weekly story from Sep 23, 2011, titled We're a top city again for liveability. In it, Pleasanton Weekly reports that:

Pleasanton has done it again. Following Money Magazine's inclusion of our town on its 2010 list of the "100 Best Places to Live," we're now included as a top city in California, this time in a ranking by the online review site AreaVibes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pleasanton Weekly.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 25, 2011
"Statistics also show that Pleasanton's median household income is 78.7% greater than the California average and 109.7% greater than the national average. The median home value here is 89.6% greater than the California average and 305.3% greater than the national average. "

Nobody sees the problem here?

Not surprisingly, due to the high cost of living in CA, this state doesn't have even one area on the top ten list of places with highest household disposable income, which is what builds wealth over time. It doesn't matter if you make $150K a year and spend $145K just meeting expenses. Truth is, most people in Pleasanton are never going to be able to live there in retirement. Shit, most will never be able to afford to even retire at all.

Since: Sep 11

Livermore, CA

#2 Sep 25, 2011
So true. Just last weekend we were at a friend's retirement party. He has a lovely home near castlewood golf course. Anyone who has seen his house can tell he's really loved living there and put a lot of money into it. He has been living there 30 some years so I am sure he's pretty much done with his payments by now.

However, sadly he's moving down south coz he doesn't think he can afford this home after retiring. It was sad to see them having to leave the home they lived and loved so much and not to enjoy it in retirement :(
Maurice Duenas

Livermore, CA

#3 Sep 27, 2011
And we will only stay that way if the current incumbents do not get elected.
Tom

Livermore, CA

#4 Sep 27, 2011
Hey Maurice, this was an article on Pleasanton and has nothing to do with livermore or its politics.
Maurice Duenas

Livermore, CA

#5 Sep 28, 2011
I never said that my post had anything to do with Livermore and its politics, did I?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 28, 2011
Tom wrote:
Hey Maurice, this was an article on Pleasanton and has nothing to do with livermore or its politics.
Actually Tom, while you are correct - perhaps Maurice was confused by seeing this in the Livermore forum and didn't read the article, I think there are some things mentioned here that affects us in Livermore equally.

I think the nature of the judging process takes things into account which are highly transitory, like household income and proximity to jobs and such things. Livermore residents have the same challenges as Pleasanton ones do, in fact probably in greater number. It is also a common theme that people here often think they are only living in Livermore as a precursor to living in Pleasanton. That dream of mobility is mostly dead, but also, it is illusory too ; moving to Pleasanton won't make your life any better, even though it may have advantages. You will simply face a higher level of responsibility to maintain a lifestyle; added pressure.
Tom

Livermore, CA

#7 Sep 28, 2011
I lived in pleasanton, however, i moved to livermore. I find Livermore much nicer and there are a handful of other things i love about living here.
ok

Concord, CA

#8 Feb 20, 2016
Tom wrote:
I lived in pleasanton, however, i moved to livermore. I find Livermore much nicer and there are a handful of other things i love about living here.
Livermore is a trash can tommy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Ramon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 14 hr Princess Hey 4,850
Livermore Music Thread (May '13) 19 hr Musikologist 59
Abuse at Teen Challenge INTL Bonifay FL (Aug '11) Wed Concerned person 96
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) Jul 25 lis 332
15 year old B Film shot in Pleasanton (Pleasant... Jul 20 Resident 1
News Meet Livermore Police Department's Newest Officers (Mar '16) Jul 20 ThinasJ 6
The Spot Bar and Grill (Aug '12) Jul 19 texas pete 6,763

San Ramon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Ramon Mortgages