Mill Valley's second Whole Foods stor...

Mill Valley's second Whole Foods store to open Wednesday

There are 58 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jun 7, 2010, titled Mill Valley's second Whole Foods store to open Wednesday. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Mill Valley may be the smallest city on the planet to have more than one Whole Foods Market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

Really

Windsor, CA

#21 Jun 8, 2010
The last thing Mill Valley needed was another Whole Foods. What's even funnier is the length of this article considering the "story" is about a grocery store opening.
Meat Market

San Anselmo, CA

#22 Jun 8, 2010
Mill Valley Girl wrote:
You might want to double-check that 1989 date. I'm pretty sure it was later than tat.
Bring back Jerry's Meat Market!
love MV

Mill Valley, CA

#23 Jun 8, 2010
corporate giant WF nothing more. Marketing experts that hood wink all. CEO right wing ,stock manpiulating, union busting, fake. This company hopes to shut down thinking for yourself. We really need these clowns to tell us how to feel good about ourselfs. Ask them how much they have donated to Mill Valley like their compition. What if they opened and nobody came...thats what happened in Novato and Sonoma. Are our northern neighbors more enlightened than us? I hope not. Support local, independent stores.
curious

Grass Valley, CA

#24 Jun 8, 2010
I can never tell: does "organic" mean small, bruised or expensive?
Went once to the Novato store. Hard to park, dingy inside, lousy produce and tired looking fish. Won't be back.
Koalabear2525

Antioch, CA

#25 Jun 8, 2010
good morning everyone please get out and vote today .
WholeFools

San Rafael, CA

#26 Jun 8, 2010
Send them to China wrote:
<quoted text>
Blown out of portion. The few frozen products raised in China are done so organically and held to a higher standard than organics grown here. People can go directly to WF website and read or call Corporate.
I don't buy frozen. We look for local organic and range free products. We look for companies who use sound practices.
If you don't like WF no one is forcing you to buy there. IMO they provide better products than Trader Joe's who uses high corn syrup in most of their products. TJ is willing to sell L-trytophan which was toxic and killed people. WF will NOT sell LT even though your CDC says everyone who suffered from the product is now well. LIE!!!
People who shout LIAR! are usually seen at ball games dribbling all over their shirts. How do you reconcile "we're local" "cut your food miles" with food grown in China? And just who supervises the fields, handling, shipping, packaging of that "organic" food?
Is it California Confederation of Organic Farmers? No.
The USDA? No.
It's 'Quality Assurance International'. Do they have rigorous field inspections in China to make sure you're not getting Melamine, lead, cadmium, human sewage, pesticides, electronic waste water etc. in your "organic" food? No.
They 'subcontract' to a Chinese inspector.
You go ahead and eat the Chinese "organic food". When you get the first tumors in your liver, you can sue Whole Fools. Make sure and keep all your reciepts and the wrappers though.
WholeFools

San Rafael, CA

#27 Jun 8, 2010
Really wrote:
The last thing Mill Valley needed was another Whole Foods. What's even funnier is the length of this article considering the "story" is about a grocery store opening.
Let me guess.....??? Major ad buy in the I.J.????
all things good

Mill Valley, CA

#29 Jun 8, 2010
Whole foods go away. A second store in MV? Yes to keep Trader Joes out. You squashed Living Foods in 1991 and now you're trageting MV institution MIll Valley Market. WF local? what's up with that? MVM has been here since what 1930...? I think they have all the local anyone would want...and they support the schools. WF how much have you given to the local high school since you pulled out of escrip? Mollie Stone, Safeway, and Delanos gives more to the local community. WF has made "local" boring and passe.
Obscene But proud mama

Ashburn, VA

#30 Jun 8, 2010
proud_mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts straight before you start insulting people you Moron.
"Get your facts straight before you start insulting people you Moron. "

See, once you are like me, THEN you can call others "Moron"
consumer

Napa, CA

#31 Jun 8, 2010
all things good wrote:
Whole foods go away. A second store in MV? Yes to keep Trader Joes out. You squashed Living Foods in 1991 and now you're trageting MV institution MIll Valley Market. WF local? what's up with that? MVM has been here since what 1930...? I think they have all the local anyone would want...and they support the schools. WF how much have you given to the local high school since you pulled out of escrip? Mollie Stone, Safeway, and Delanos gives more to the local community. WF has made "local" boring and passe.
I don't care if the store gives to the school or not. Let's ask the parents to contribute to the schools. Just pay $510 for every kid they got in school to make up for the supposed 1.4 million deficit. Forget the poetry classes. the country doesn't need poets.
Devolution

San Francisco, CA

#32 Jun 8, 2010
How 'Only in Marin' can you get? The self righteous snobs of Pill Valley get 2 a-hole foods....how wonderful and superior by way of money!
Send them to China

United States

#33 Jun 8, 2010
WholeFools wrote:
<quoted text>
People who shout LIAR! are usually seen at ball games dribbling all over their shirts. How do you reconcile "we're local" "cut your food miles" with food grown in China? And just who supervises the fields, handling, shipping, packaging of that "organic" food?
Is it California Confederation of Organic Farmers? No.
The USDA? No.
It's 'Quality Assurance International'. Do they have rigorous field inspections in China to make sure you're not getting Melamine, lead, cadmium, human sewage, pesticides, electronic waste water etc. in your "organic" food? No.
They 'subcontract' to a Chinese inspector.
You go ahead and eat the Chinese "organic food". When you get the first tumors in your liver, you can sue Whole Fools. Make sure and keep all your reciepts and the wrappers though.
Take a deep breathe & read what I posted S-L-O-W-LY. I called the CDC liars for claims that all those who suffered from toxic L-trytophan are now well. They will allow LT back onto the market but where are the checks for purity? US level of drug purity 98.5 (same for animals) Germany level of purity on naturaceuticals is 99.5!

Now practice reading slowly or improve your comprehension skill!
Send them to China

United States

#34 Jun 8, 2010
WholeFools wrote:
<quoted text>
People who shout LIAR! are usually seen at ball games dribbling all over their shirts. How do you reconcile "we're local" "cut your food miles" with food grown in China? And just who supervises the fields, handling, shipping, packaging of that "organic" food?
Is it California Confederation of Organic Farmers? No.
The USDA? No.
It's 'Quality Assurance International'. Do they have rigorous field inspections in China to make sure you're not getting Melamine, lead, cadmium, human sewage, pesticides, electronic waste water etc. in your "organic" food? No.
They 'subcontract' to a Chinese inspector.
You go ahead and eat the Chinese "organic food". When you get the first tumors in your liver, you can sue Whole Fools. Make sure and keep all your reciepts and the wrappers though.
Again you behave as people cannot READ the facts and determine for themselves. WF has many vendors in their store who are local growers. CHOICE! Stay away from what is bad for you.

Cancer, like you might avoid it, right in your back yard? Nice delusion.

Again why are you buying frozen foods.

Since: Jan 09

Mill Valley, CA

#35 Jun 8, 2010
Anybody know which of the 2 stores most of the MILFs will be hanging out at? Cause right now shopping at the Miller location = stimulation in my mundane life.

Since: Jan 09

Mill Valley, CA

#36 Jun 8, 2010
consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if the store gives to the school or not. Let's ask the parents to contribute to the schools. Just pay $510 for every kid they got in school to make up for the supposed 1.4 million deficit. Forget the poetry classes. the country doesn't need poets.
Educate yourself before posting. MV parents were asked to pay over $900 to Kiddo to make up for the deficit this year. That is up several hundred dollars from last year.

Since: Apr 09

Marin County, CA

#37 Jun 8, 2010
Robbie wrote:
Grazers paradise?

Yeah, especially those bulk-food bins.

The only thing more disgusting than those unsanitary bins is watching the dirty hippie types stick their moist and grubby hands directly into them to scoop out what they want.
Coachw

Oakland, CA

#38 Jun 8, 2010
Traffic, congestion, high prices and low wages with out proper benifits for workers, 2 stores for 14,000 people, sneaked lease away from Traders Joes and parent company from Texas?? did I leave anything out.
nimo

Shasta Lake, CA

#39 Jun 8, 2010
this is simply awesome and great. fabulous.
consumer

Napa, CA

#40 Jun 8, 2010
Boddingtons wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself before posting. MV parents were asked to pay over $900 to Kiddo to make up for the deficit this year. That is up several hundred dollars from last year.
The deficit isn't what Kiddo wants to spend money on. They are not interested in subjects which educate people to help compete against other nations. Only the artsy stuff.
Kiddo

Napa, CA

#41 Jun 8, 2010
Boddingtons wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself before posting. MV parents were asked to pay over $900 to Kiddo to make up for the deficit this year. That is up several hundred dollars from last year.
Kiddo uses intimadation tactics. They list on their websites people's name and the amount of their contribution by donation levels. They want you to feel bad and make you feel guilty by listing everybody by donation levels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Rafael Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ritter Center supporters call for change to San... 20 hr MHO 1
News Task force arrests 4 in Mill Valley drug cases (Oct '09) Tue Gavin Newsom 40
News Scrapped bill stalls broadband project May 1 More Info 3
News HERO Home Efficiency Financing Program Launched... Apr 30 Lynn 1
News Check Out Petaluma Music Festival's 2016 Lineup Apr 30 Genie 1
Nude Swimming Pool Opens Apr 29 Hopkin 2
News How 'Out There' are we? Marin towns grapple wit... (Jan '09) Apr 29 sue yew 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Rafael Mortgages