Nation's oldest full-time park ranger furloughed

Oct 4, 2013 Full story: News Times 10

A 92-year-old Northern California woman who is the nation's oldest full-time national park ranger said Friday she's surprised that she has joined the ranks of those currently out of work due to the ongoing U.S. government shutdown.

Read more

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Isn't it time she retires with her seven figure pension?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#2 Oct 4, 2013
Political theatrics.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#3 Oct 5, 2013
I heard the shutdown killed some puppies and a kitten in Oregon yesterday.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#4 Oct 5, 2013
They may have furloughed her but they managed to find park employees to lock out the ww2 vets from an open air museum.
Mike

Zephyrhills, FL

#5 Oct 5, 2013
Maybe I should set up barricades around my mailbox.

This is all getting stupid. Obama is incompetent and it shows more and more each day
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#7 Oct 5, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
The media, in their infinite Liberal bias, blasted the Republican who demanded the barricades taken down, while applauding Biden for commending the Ranger who kept those veterans out.
And people claim Obama, Biden, Democrats love Americans and American Military? LMFAO!!! Unfckingbelievable.
Obama is a fcking disgrace.
They can spin all they want but everyone knows that the park service takes their orders from the executive branch not the house of representatives. Obama can tell them go put up barricades or leave the ww2 veterans alone. He chose to keep them out hoping people would blame the republicans.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#8 Oct 5, 2013
I wonder if retirement is on her bucket list.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Karma-2014 elections, now and zen
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2013
There was a story on local news show; it is costing more to close and keep the parks secured than if they would just have stayed open....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 6, 2013
NATO:Gadhafi must go and Sarkozy and Stoltenberg have ended a 40 year evil monarchy..Gadhafi has paid his debt to the families of Lockerby and West Berlin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Quentin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr TOASTER 19,736
Richmond and Louie Lujan take a new approach to... Mar 27 Regal Begal 1
News Ellen: Kids are not in star couple's future, El... Mar 25 Commander Bunny 10
Sen Cruz campaign Promises Deportations 4 Xmas Mar 24 Habanero Rollo To... 1
News My safari from Pelikkkan Bay Mar 21 Guater 2
News New Bills in CA Legislature Send Mixed Messages... Mar 19 Hopkin 8
Salvador Rodriguez Mar 16 Jesus 2
San Quentin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

San Quentin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]