Fairfax man rescues runaway dog by leaping into pond

There are 178 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Apr 30, 2013, titled Fairfax man rescues runaway dog by leaping into pond. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Fairfax resident Patrick O'Brien saves a dog that appeared to be drowning in a pond off Bel Marin Keys Boulevard in Novato on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“If I make it till tomorrow ”

Since: Nov 10

noon, I'm leaving...

#1 May 1, 2013
Huh. Must be some kind of shortage of real news today.

noon, I'm leaving...

#2 May 1, 2013
I would say that if a dog's so stupid that it jumps into a pond, and is swarmed by a flock of angry geese, that it deserves to die.

noon, I'm leaving...

#3 May 1, 2013
That pond's not to far from my rat hole. And, with this hot weather, a dip sounds pretty good. Except that it leaves my fur all matted and nasty smelling.

noon, I'm leaving...

#4 May 1, 2013
TOO far.

noon, I'm leaving...

#5 May 1, 2013
I had to get that ^^^ before that dang didily Spelling Otter stopped on by.

noon, I'm leaving...

#6 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
That pond's not to far from my rat hole. And, with this hot weather, a dip sounds pretty good. Except that it leaves my fur all matted and nasty smelling.
Yes. I'm some guy pretending to be a rat on the internet.

noon, I'm leaving...

#7 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. I'm some guy pretending to be a rat on the internet.
Which is, yeah, a little strange. But you know what's REALLY strange? Some guy pretending to be a bunny rabbit on the internet. Now THAT'S some bizarre shit...

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#8 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>Which is, yeah, a little strange. But you know what's REALLY strange? Some guy pretending to be a bunny rabbit on the internet. Now THAT'S some bizarre shit...
But Ricky darhling, I AM a bunny.

noon, I'm leaving...

#9 May 1, 2013
Commander Bunny wrote:
<quoted text>But Ricky darhling, I AM a bunny.
Sure you are, sir. Sure you are.

noon, I'm leaving...

#10 May 1, 2013
Man, that guy is BINGO BANGO BOINKO craaaazy...

noon, I'm leaving...

#11 May 1, 2013
Uh, I SAAAAIID "Man, that guy is BINGO BANGO BOINKO craaaazy".
One Won Bun Short Wang

Sonoma, CA

#12 May 1, 2013
Greetings from Graton! There are a lot of dogs in ponds. There is a law that says there should be dogs, geese, cats, dander, tights, sand, poo, sox and stinx in ponds. The law was passed ovbernight by the legislature of the whatsis. This proves that they are all Morons from Outer Space that cannot digest their food until it has sunk and then floated in a scum pond, as is the case on their home planet. that is all. there is a restaurant near downtown that has a chili pot that has a sign on it that warns against standing close,'cause something in that chili might just reach out and grab you and drag you down in there. Whatever it is it will be running for a seat next year, and will win with teaparty help. The chili's fate following that election is unknown at this moment.

noon, I'm leaving...

#13 May 1, 2013
One Won Bun Short Wang wrote:
Greetings from Graton! There are a lot of dogs in ponds. There is a law that says there should be dogs, geese, cats, dander, tights, sand, poo, sox and stinx in ponds. The law was passed ovbernight by the legislature of the whatsis. This proves that they are all Morons from Outer Space that cannot digest their food until it has sunk and then floated in a scum pond, as is the case on their home planet. that is all. there is a restaurant near downtown that has a chili pot that has a sign on it that warns against standing close,'cause something in that chili might just reach out and grab you and drag you down in there. Whatever it is it will be running for a seat next year, and will win with teaparty help. The chili's fate following that election is unknown at this moment.
Thanks. Your nonsensical blather makes my nonsensical blather look pretty good, by comparison.

noon, I'm leaving...

#14 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. Your nonsensical blather makes my nonsensical blather look pretty good, by comparison.
I like to set the bar real low, and surround myself with losers. That way, I, uh, come out looking like the least loserish of the bunch.

noon, I'm leaving...

#15 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>I like to set the bar real low, and surround myself with losers. That way, I, uh, come out looking like the least loserish of the bunch.
YOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO,
Commander Bunny, sir...

noon, I'm leaving...

#16 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>YOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO,
Commander Bunny, sir...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

noon, I'm leaving...

#17 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
In a battle of youtube whatchamacallits between myself and the Commander, it's comparable to, say, the United States going to war against Finland.

noon, I'm leaving...

#18 May 1, 2013
Huh. I wonder why Viewer #5 out of "5 Now viewing" left. I hope it wasn't something I said...

noon, I'm leaving...

#19 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
Huh. I wonder why Viewer #5 out of "5 Now viewing" left. I hope it wasn't something I said...
But, you know what, I never did like that guy anyway. Never sayin nuthin, but got that smarmy look on his face...

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#20 May 1, 2013
RICKY RAT wrote:
<quoted text>In a battle of youtube whatchamacallits between myself and the Commander, it's comparable to, say, the United States going to war against Finland.
The Finnish make exceptional rifles.
I think they kicked Russia's butt once or twice too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Quentin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jobcreators Demand Wage-free Hiring 11 hr Steph is I 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr TOASTER 19,919
News Sonoma Co. Man Arrested After Bizarre Crime Spr... May 19 M Mom 6
Bridge to Have Name Changed Weekly May 17 Secty III 1
News Marin taxi company abruptly shuts down, leaves ... May 17 Miss Honk44 20
Christian Tallibang opens Compliance Command May 15 trisha88 7
News The Married Woman Whose Dog Ruined Her Sex Life (Jan '13) May 14 dull care 7
More from around the web

San Quentin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]