Sixth annual Vallejo Spring Carnival ...

Sixth annual Vallejo Spring Carnival at the waterfront starting today

Posted in the San Pablo Forum

Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Sixth annual Vallejo Spring Carnival at the waterfront starting today, rain or shine
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/news/ci_2288...

It's six years and counting for the Butler Amusements Vallejo Spring Carnival, which runs Thursday through Sunday along the waterfront, inclement weather or not.

Spokesman Michael Gorman said there are a few new attractions this year, including rides called the Ring of Fire, Energy Storm and Bear Affair, "a child's ride that twirls as it goes around."

The merry-go-round is also new, and "it's a beautiful thing, a work of art," created by Chance Manufacturing of Wichita, Kan., Gorman said.

Returning this year, are "the always popular Ferris wheel, the ever popular Zipper; people just love that ride," he said. "The Viper is returning, and kids love the giant slide which is also back."

The Vallejo carnival is one of 139 events Butler produces annually, including 37 state and county fairs like the Solano County Fair and Cal Expo, the California State Fair in Sacramento, Gorman said.

"We also do the Marin and Alameda County Fairs," he said.

At least 5,000 people attended the Vallejo waterfront carnival last year, and company officials expect even more this year, although uncooperative weather could put a damper on that, Gorman said.

Some rain is expected today and Saturday, and a thunderstorm is possible Sunday, according to weather reports. Friday is expected to be mostly sunny and about 70, while the other days are predicted to top out at the mid-to-high 60s.

The carnival will run 4 to 10 p.m. today, 4 to 11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.

A $2 entry fee applies to anyone over 36 inches tall, although anyone that height and under is free. Individual ride tickets are $1, and each ride takes $3 or $5 worth. An unlimited ride, day-long wristband is $25.
its a cook book

Hayward, CA

#2 Mar 28, 2013
oh boy, pantsdraggers, clown cars, and dopes from city hall, now that's a circus !
uts

South San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 28, 2013
Wasn't too bad. Stayed three hours with the pup.
uts

South San Francisco, CA

#4 Mar 28, 2013
And I saw people being people. All colors all smiling.

I'm sounding like Paulette oops! Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Pablo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephon Clark: Angel? 1 hr fedup2 94
Vallejo police to expand community policing 1 hr fedup2 4
Vallejo City Council extends Matzke’s contract 1 hr fedup2 18
Trump I Q Upgraded 4 hr jared 4 pressidents 1
Where is Sir Horton of NERDS!!! 11 hr Selfie time 31
Air Quality 13 hr Anon 12
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 22 hr Human 249

San Pablo Jobs

Personal Finance

San Pablo Mortgages