San Pablo police kill woman reportedl...

San Pablo police kill woman reportedly attacking husband with knife

There are 25 comments on the SFGate story from Dec 27, 2007, titled San Pablo police kill woman reportedly attacking husband with knife. In it, SFGate reports that:

“During the investigation, an officer-involved shooting occurred when Rosalyne McHenry age 57 armed herself with a butcher knife and attempted to assault her husband, Harry McHenry age 51. Rosalyne McHenry was pronounced deceased at the scene.”

A 57-year-old San Pablo woman who was trying to attack her husband with a butcher knife was fatally shot by police on Christmas night, police said Wednesday. via SFGate

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ur friend Lat Te Da Da

San Jose, CA

#21 Dec 21, 2008
It's amazing how police officer's are so quick to take someon'e life, I'm sure if that were there mom or any other family member the would definitely act with caution.She was african American, and that's all the police see. They should not be allowed to protect and serve because that's not what they did to my friend I worked with Rose it is almost year to date and I still can't believe she is gone. I have her pictures on my desk I looked at her face everyday, I will always love and miss her, but the part that I can't get over is how she left us, she had the perfect name Rose because that she was.
From SB a friend

San Jose, CA

#22 Dec 22, 2008
Rose was a very good friend of mine. When I first met Rose she welcome me with open arms. It was around this time of the year that she just volunteer the both of us to decorite the office, she gave me the Christmas spirit that I did not have at that time. Rose would come into the office and share her breakfast even when I said no, she would fix me a plate anyway. Rose helped alot of people, she also helped me through the heart ache that I was going at that time, she was a good listener. Rose taught me alot and most of all she taught me to pray for people who needed more prayer then others. Rose I will alway love and Miss you.
A Loving Cousin

South San Francisco, CA

#24 Oct 1, 2012
ur friend Lat Te Da Da wrote:
It's amazing how police officer's are so quick to take someon'e life, I'm sure if that were there mom or any other family member the would definitely act with caution.She was african American, and that's all the police see. They should not be allowed to protect and serve because that's not what they did to my friend I worked with Rose it is almost year to date and I still can't believe she is gone. I have her pictures on my desk I looked at her face everyday, I will always love and miss her, but the part that I can't get over is how she left us, she had the perfect name Rose because that she was.
I miss Rose to. I still find myself being reminded of how much I miss and love Rose. In the midst of all the confusion I find a way to understand what happened and how our society so hastily judges one another, especially those in authority and the position to. I think that everyone involved in the chain of events,misunderstandings, convoluted sense of analysis, and fear that led up to Rose's death are in so many ways victims of the circumstances, the police included. It has led to such a heartbreaking loss for me, her sisters, her mother,her children, her grandchildren, and many other relatives that loved her only deeply. In the end no one wins and no one loses, but rather it is what it is regarding what our society is and has come to. One more loss. One more incident where a human beings right to live has been denied, and individuals neglect to take the risk of being responsible for something or that which they choose not to respond in any other way than they did.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#25 Oct 2, 2012
Maybe if she'd left the knife behind????

Sorry for your pain, but...
A loving mom

Fairfield, CA

#26 Nov 8, 2012
Still hurting and still no peace for our mom. I hate police with a passion but hope one day we find peace. I love u and its almost 5yrs that you been gone and still hurting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Pablo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Millions in Counterfeit $100 Bills Circulating ... 18 min dindu nuffin 2
Central committee announces its endorsements 19 min dindu nuffin 8
General Plan Upade -- have fun with this 58 min samalamadingdong 24
"Voices of Vallejo" keeps community in the dark 1 hr samalamadingdong 15
Vallejo candidates' forum set for Wednesday 3 hr Jim in SF 151
Voices of Vallejo group endorses candidates 7 hr sam drives tony nuts 4
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 9 hr Legal Analyst 17,324

San Pablo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Pablo Mortgages